UE 700
Aug 6, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
ask me in a week,  ie assuming i forget to post pm me and remind me

hey  mark, could you please review UE700?  Also, could you please compare IE6 to UE700? (I already have an IE6 and would like to know how it measures up with UE700). Thanks!!

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 11
The sound signature of the UE700 is similar but not identical to the Triple.Fi 10s.  The UE700s have less bass power than the Triple.Fi 10s, and a bit stronger mid range.  They have a fairly wide sound stage and ambiance.  A UE700 weakness is a slight harshness in their high frequency response.  The HF response is nice, but not smooth as butter.  Currently I'm liking them a bit better than my MTPG and MTPCs.  I've been using Comply tips for all three of these.  If you were to wear IEMs on a plane trip where you're planning to fall asleep, the UE700s are definitely the best deal. 

I spent a day outside enjoying nature recently and just enjoyed forgetting about the IEMs and just listening to the music.  Many times that day I just had to stop and say to myself, "Wow, this music sounds great."

I look forward to Mark's review.

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
The sound signature of the UE700 is similar but not identical to the Triple.Fi 10s.  The UE700s have less bass power than the Triple.Fi 10s, and a bit stronger mid range.  They have a fairly wide sound stage and ambiance.  A UE700 weakness is a slight harshness in their high frequency response.  The HF response is nice, but not smooth as butter.  Currently I'm liking them a bit better than my MTPG and MTPCs.  I've been using Comply tips for all three of these.  If you were to wear IEMs on a plane trip where you're planning to fall asleep, the UE700s are definitely the best deal. 

I spent a day outside enjoying nature recently and just enjoyed forgetting about the IEMs and just listening to the music.  Many times that day I just had to stop and say to myself, "Wow, this music sounds great."

I look forward to Mark's review.

Thanks for the review.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
hey  mark, could you please review UE700?  Also, could you please compare IE6 to UE700? (I already have an IE6 and would like to know how it measures up with UE700). Thanks!!

well ive never heard the IE6 so im afraid i cant.  however i can tell you im not loving the ue700, quite hard agressive highs but whats been really anoying me is the sibilance.  frankly when a compare the UE700 to the Q-Jays, the Q's just slaughter them.  not by a big margin but all over. 

actually id rather take the SF5 day to day over the UE700

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
well ive never heard the IE6 so im afraid i cant.  however i can tell you im not loving the ue700, quite hard agressive highs but whats been really anoying me is the sibilance.  frankly when a compare the UE700 to the Q-Jays, the Q's just slaughter them.  not by a big margin but all over. 

thanks for the response mark

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:

gotcha. thanks

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Mark, Sorry to hear you're not pleased with the UE700s.  I found the Super.Fi 5s bass to be better than the UE700s, and their HF response is a bit less harsh.  However, ergonomics on the UE700 trumped the Super.Fi 5s so that I used the UE700s more and more.

Out of curiosity, which tips are you using on the UE700s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back