UE-10 or UE-11
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

pila405

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, i already had my ear impression and was about for getting the UE-10... but then i saw few people's advices here, so now i dont know which pair of IEMs should i buy - UE-10pro or UE-11pro???

I mostly listening to classical music [68%] Jazz [25%] and rock [7% - even less].

another thing: does the UE-10 have dual subwoofer drivers with high's driver? or maybe it is [but i don't think so] 1 sub 1 mid 1 highs? Anyway, does it affect on the mid's details [the lack mid's driver], or there is much details as the UE-11?

It is realy important to me to have not too coloured sound while it will be fun to listen to without having too much boomy bass in the head...

if you have one of each one of those i will be glad if you will contact me thorugh the MSN Messenger for faster and better communication.

OREN_VENEZIAN@HOTMAIL.COM

with thanks,
Oren.

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 61
My advise is, you should read more reviews and impression that describe both sound signature to you and make your choice from there. Don't let the number of transducer clouded you from seeing the big picture - You are buying a headphone for its sound, not its technology.

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 61
I use the ue10 and listen to classical almost half of all my collection. I feel it gives a very natural sound and is still neutral. It is dual bass driver and one high, as opposed to the 11's dual bass, mid, and high drivers.

In theory the ue11 should be more natural and neutral, but it falls short of the ue10 on sounding natural because I guess either they chose the crossover setup to sound slightly discordant or maybe they just couldn't get it right. In the end I decided not to go for the ue11 when time came to replace my es2 because I still have hope that the ue12 may have three way crossover but fix the slight incoherence of the 11. All in my opinion of course after hearing universals of both in house.

You have to see where I'm coming from, I understand that a great many audiophiles prefer the 11 because aside from my own reservations the ue11 will be the better sound for almost everyone provided they listen to a bit of everything. I on the other hand listen to mostly classical and vocals and don't need what the ue11 provides over the ue10 and I am not willing to give up what little the ue10 has over the ue11. Hope this spoonful of thoughts helped.

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 61
At the beggining you both realy helped me. But then i continued realing your's [lara veronin] post and it realy confused me...

I need the most neutral with as much natural and detailed sound as posible, so, from which product will i get it? from the UE-10 or from the UE-11? :S

I will also would like to talk to you in the Messenger for faster knowledge transfer.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 61
i need answer as fast as posible, pleaseeee.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 61
From spending time with both UE10 and UE11 generic versions, I'd personally buy the UE10s. I think the UE11s are better with my favorite music, but for less aggressive music, they fall short. The UE10s are still VERY good with aggressive music, but are significantly better with everything else. Given your preferences, I'd go UE10 as well, but really, I think you will be very happy with either. They are exceptional headphones.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 61
Tough decision...I listen to 1/3 rock, 1/3 classical, 1/3 accoustic jazz vocal and I decided to go with the UE11s. I think from what I've read and from my experience, there is a good amount of bass...sorta like the grados of the IEM world, but it's never out of balance with the rest of the sound in terms of mids or highs.

From what your preferences are in terms of neutrality, I'd just go with the ue10s and not look back. It's not like you can ever really compare them.

As mentioned, either way, you will not go wrong.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #8 of 61
wow, the two last posts realy helped me!!!
atsmile.gif

thank you so much!!!
beerchug.gif

I think I will for the UE-10pro [how unexpected
tongue_smile.gif
].
ksc75smile.gif

and a smile just for the fun:
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 61
wow you are a fan of emoticons huh..
gratz on making your choice, and so quickly too. do let us know how it sounds when you get it.

Nov 15, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow you are a fan of emoticons huh..
gratz on making your choice, and so quickly too. do let us know how it sounds when you get it.

actualy i wasnt making this choice that fast...i am thinking on this thing since august.

i though about headphones/IEMs and than at the end of the way i decided to go for the UE-10
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actualy i wasnt making this choice that fast...i am thinking on this thing since august.

i though about headphones/IEMs and than at the end of the way i decided to go for the UE-10
icon10.gif

lol sure.. I have a ways to go though. I PROBABLY will wait till the westone customs come out before I make my decision, or at least till the universals get released.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 61
Interesting thread! This is the first I've heard about people preferring the UE10s over the 11s. I love my 10s, but I've been itching to get the 11s. For my musical tastes, sounds like the 11s would be a better match.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 61
The process of creating these wonderful customs is nothing short of fascinating and I and my wife are grateful to UE to allow our visitation and tour of their facility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for a neutral, classical music phone you should get the ER4p instead. The UE10 doesn't have the soundstage and airyness to make classical songs fly.

I don't show in your profile that you own the ue10, have you heard the er4p and ue10 pro side by side to compare? Having owned the er4p/s for many years and recently comparing the ety's to the ue10 pro universals extensively last week in my tour of the Ultimate Ear's HQ, I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. The sound of the ety's is amazing but very much in your head whereas the sound of the ue customs are in another league.

The 11's are going to sound great as are the 10's. I expect one will not be disappointed with either..

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 61
Do you have to go to USA to get these? or you can see a local audiologistics get a model of your ear send it to UE and get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back