UE-10 or UE-11
Nov 20, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #46 of 61
i fixed my profile's details.

i think i will go for the UE-10 because they have more open sound [colder] as i like, i dont like this curve warm sound...also not any extra bass.

and i guess that there is almost none diffrences in the texture/resolution/details between both IEMs that will be more important to me the sound signature.

they also worth 250$ less, and with this money i will buy the PICO DAC/Amp combination.

so i think i have a decision, at least i hope so ^^".

thank you everyone for helping me decidnig.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, an opinion that is not shared by yourself is aggravating to you? Is there a place in your sandbox for anyone else?

I've owned the UE11 since day one of their release. Listened to it every day since, and think the bass is bloated. Sorry if that aggravates you, I'll try to change my opinion next time.

lol. No there is room only for me.

If you are 16 I wouldn't get customs take the advice of the UE guys you spoke too and wait.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #49 of 61
ok, i see here many ppl saying that the ue-11 have to much bass for classical. thats all i wanted to know, thank you very much!

but i would like to hear as much opinions as posible.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #50 of 61
I have had customs since March. I was and am 15. The fit has not changed in the time.

I think at 16 spending over $1000 on earphones is insane, but if you have the money, I say go for it. I personally will wait a few years (3-5) and get the latest Cowon, UE custom, latest millet max like home amp, and a top closed can, and top open can, and a Pico.

Pico will drive the closed can or UE in the lounge from laptop at mums or dads, and feed the millet in my room with the open can next to my bed from laptop. The PC will drive the open can for gaming. The Cowon will feed the pico and UE. Dream rig
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: I would say go for the UE11, as it seems the same with the Livewires, the bass doesn't colour the music if there is no bass "called for" (as i describe it), but if bass is "called for" by the song (eg. if it has bass) the Livewires deliver amazing bass. From what i have heard the UE11 are the same. Your music taste may oneday change, and you will wish you had that bass there to be unleashed (just like having extra power there in a car when you feel like going faster). I guess what i am saying is if spending $1000 then $250 relativley isnt that much, and on a purchase that big, it would be worth covering yourself so to speak incase oneday you start listening to the odd bassy song.

Matt

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #51 of 61
i have many doubts about me listening in the future to any "odd bassy songs".
and 250$ is a lot of money, and if i will get something that i will less like, why should i spend extra 250$?

any way, you have this customs for 9 monthes - right? and you said you dont feel any change. so i can guess that if i will be 17 YO when i will get those UE-10s so it will be fine for at least 4 yrs [at least i hope so ^^"].

and thank you very much for posting your opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #52 of 61
Well, John from Earpeace said that my Livewires should fit for 3-4years+ before needing a recase (under $50 cost) and that is at 15 years and just 3 months old.

Your canal changes shape forever, but faster when younger and still growing fast/faster.

I would predict 4-5years for you until a refit, but of course everyone is different.

Matt

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #53 of 61
Also, posted in the other thread.

By jumping to the top now, you will save money overall, but there will be nothing higher to move onto when you have an increased income, like if you have a hi-fi, and a tv in your room at a young age, when you are in your teens, there is nothing else to get/look forward to getting.

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #54 of 61
4-5 years is a realy long time for 900$ [for my opinion] and i guess that even a bit before it i will improve for UE-12/13.

and unlike livewires-UE customs cant be recased, you only can add/remove a bit to the earpieces material.

BTW, because that i live in israel, i will serve in the army between the age of 18-21 and then i will do a great use at them [on the driving from home to the base, and in many other ways [at least 5 hours every day].

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #56 of 61
they cant recase them, i asked them why and they said that it is like this because they paste it with glue.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #57 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for a neutral, classical music phone you should get the ER4p instead. The UE10 doesn't have the soundstage and airyness to make classical songs fly.

I could not disagree more with this statement, I would look a the suspect source material and or your DAP/Amp combo. I also say that the only weak link with trips are the cable.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #60 of 61
i dont think that there is much more to say here because i think i already chose at the
. UE-10 PRO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back