UC Berkeley or Bay area head-fiers
Jan 17, 2003 at 6:45 PM Post #136 of 184
I think I've emailed everyone by now. If not, please contact me.

I need to call Lobster, and have sent a PM to kin3tix. hopefully JMT will show up, i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Here's my list of attendees in no particular order:
1. 250ml
2. EighteenPSI
3. Stressnot
4. bobjew
5. Grancasa
6. KurtW
7. Drewski
8. Doorsk88t
9. Myself

Maybe a few more stragglers and/or those without Net access.

10. Lobster
11. Kin3tix
12. Minya

As food, i think we have beer (2 people), wine (1), eggrolls (1), chips,dip,salsa (1), soda (2)

looking forward to meeting you guys. thanks again Kurt for all your help and dealing with the kind Headroom folks!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #137 of 184
Hey hey!

I got your PM, Joey. I'll be there with bells on! I'll try to bring some food... perhaps some homemade cookies or something. We'll see how much time I have on my hands.

I'll be bringing:

AT ATH-W1000
Sony MDR-V6
Senn. HD-280 and MX-500
Koss KSC-35, KSC-50, and PortaPros
Sony D-368 discman
Fixup supermini V3

the nametag on your equipment suggestion is a good one. i'll be doing this and suggest others do the same.

...drooling to hear the headroom equipment and some of the sources/amps that will be in attendance...

Jan 18, 2003 at 3:48 PM Post #139 of 184
I am trying to rearrange things so I can make it, but it's not looking good. If I do make it, since there already will be a Max there, I'll leave it home. What I can bring is:

- Allesandro/Grado Music Series Pros
- Joseph Grado HP-1s
- Equinox Extension (15')
- HD600s w/ Equinox cable

Jan 18, 2003 at 4:45 PM Post #140 of 184
Hi Everyone !

I'm rearranging my schedule so I can make it. right now I have:

Grado 325
Berning MicroZotl
Musical Fidelity A3CD
Tara Labs RSCAir 2 IC's
PSAudio Ultimate Outlet

I suppose it couldn't hurt to have two Microzotls there !

Dave

Also, Please PM me w/time & place info.

Jan 18, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #141 of 184
Wow! Two micro zotl's. I was really looking forward to hearing one. Dr. Gizmo ( bless his soul ) gave it his biggest praise. Too bad I won't be able to make it . I assumed my teen-age daughter will be staying home with the little one. I didn't know she has a commitment. My wife works on weekends. Maybe next time if I didn't have one yet.

Jan 18, 2003 at 6:50 PM Post #142 of 184
hope you can work things out JMT. the more the merrier. esp with goodies. who says we dont need two Max's
tongue.gif

sorry you cant make it doorskt88.

to clarify:

TIME = Sunday, noon.

LOCATION = my place in berkeley. PM/EM me for address

cya tomorrow

Jan 18, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #143 of 184
Shoot, just saw this today, guess I need to read other forums instead of just amps and headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

I know it's NFL playoffs day, but any room left if I can make it? I don't have much stuff, but do have:

Senn HD600 w/ stock and Clou Blue cables
Sony MDR-CD3000
Wheatfield Audio HA-1 tube amp
Gilmore Amp, Antness built

My Grado SR-325's are being borrowed by a friend, so can't get ahold of those.

Anybody interested in hearing a Gilmore amp??
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #145 of 184
steinie, YGPM

i would LOVE to hear all of your stuff, esp the Gilmore, not to mention the sony 3k, and ha-1

please do come by.

EVERYBODY, if you have surge protectors, folding tables&chairs, and SOURCES please DO bring them

I just realized we may be short on sources...

cya in the morning

Jan 19, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #147 of 184
I'll be bringing along my Gilmore (with the loose connection), but I'm sure we could always use a couple of them there. I will also be bringing my SR-325's, and maybe my SR-80's, as well. . . .

In any event, it sounds like we'll have a lots of great equipment to test out, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope to see a lot of you there!

Bob

Feb 27, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #148 of 184
Count another head-fier here..
I can be seen occasionally walking/running up and down college avenue in the Rockridge area with my KSC-50s or Grado SR 60s and my Cowon iAudio Cw-200.
I'll catch myself straining my neck to see what others have on, only to be met with a 'what the hell's your problem' glare !

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back