UC Berkeley or Bay area head-fiers
Apr 25, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #167 of 184
I live in sf and just joined head fi. I too would be interested in joining up with the lot of you. I could bring senn hd600 cardas cables and my brand spanking new sugden headmaster. I also could bring my linn ikemi as a source as it has two audio outs on it. please keep my in the loop. thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #168 of 184
We should probably look at alternative meeting places other than someone's house because it doesn't seem like anyone is jumping at the opportunity to host! I think there were about 20 at the last meet, and I think they'll be even more for any upcoming meets... anyone work in a hotel that can get us a break to rent out a meeting room? Or does someone live in a complex that we can rent out the clubhouse or something like that. Either that or we'll have to break up into smaller groups and have several meets. It will be very difficult to set up all the equipment that this group has unless someone has a huge house (not very likely in the bay area!).

Ideas???
confused.gif

Apr 26, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #169 of 184
I'm working on finding an apartment in emeryville/berkely area (should have something secured by early june at the latest, most likely sooner). A few places I've been looking at have party rooms/clubhouses etc. If I end up somewhere that is large enough to host I'm game. I'll keep everyone posted.

May 5, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #175 of 184
Wherever JMT goes, there am I.

If I have notice, Sac shouldn't be any problem. Maybe someone there can look at my META42...i'm thinking it needs some volume control work. Theres a dead spot on the left channel right above the bottom of the range. Meh..never listen that low anyway
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #177 of 184
Well alrightly then...lets get this show on the road.

I can bring:

Senn 580
Grado 325
The Infamous IndustroMETA
Some Interconnects (Nothing Special)
Powerstrips..a table or two

3 Other People at most...and a trunk full of gear

May 7, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #178 of 184
Hrm, I'd totally be fine with going to Sac, but I'd need a ride. More of a concern is when would this happen? I'm heading back home (SoCal) the 24th probably. And I still don't think I'll have time before that.
frown.gif

If I can make it, I could bring anything in my profile, I think I'd probably want to bring my AKG501s, and older TAH (I'd love to compare this to the newer version). I'd also bring my Sony D-25s, if someone has a modded version we could compare.

I'd really like to have a listen to a good laptop soundcard (like a Indigo, or M-Audio Sonica). I can bring my laptop if someone just wants to haul the card.

Oh yeah, I can bring my theremin, as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

TA

May 12, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #179 of 184
when you guys have decided on where/when you want to hold the meet, i think you should start a new thread...this one is mighty long.

that way people can just post what theyre going to bring, and ask things re: directions, rides, etc.

at least thats what I found helpful when I organized the last meet.
biggrin.gif
hopefully we'll be able to get something together before we lose members like Lobstersan and any others who are leaving the area for summer or in the long term.

May 13, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #180 of 184
NEW member, willing to drive long distances for headphones, however i don't have any to show. I've got a slimX and Klipsch promedia 5.1 speakers, but not much else. Hopefully i will have a cmoy completed soon.

where is it expected to be? and when?

don't know if you have found a place yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back