UC Berkeley or Bay area head-fiers
Oct 30, 2002 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 184

LobsterSan

MOT: kuboTEN
It has come to my attention that there just may be a lot of you out there. Just walking on campus today I saw someone with a portapro, and another person with the KSC-35's. On other days I have seen some other cans that have gotten my attention (though I can't really remember what they were now). Then when I got home, I had a PM from a fellow undergraduate classmate and then I noticed a poster with a Berkeley location address. I feel like Berkeley is a place where a lot of compulsive electronics people would be... so there's probably a lot of us here. If you see someone walking around with KSC-50s (soon to be portapros)... or dorking it up one day with senn. 280s... it might just be the lobster.

I wonder if people think I'm a freak when I stare and try to find out what headphones they are using.

Oct 30, 2002 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 184
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
I wonder if people think I'm a freak when I stare and try to find out what headphones they are using.

heheh, yeah. i sometimes tend to do that also, but anyway, i'm from the bay area. fremont to be exact, 510 area. however, not exactly in the bay area as of now, i attend school in uc santa cruz. just curious, any ucsc (or sc for that matter) head-fiers out there? btw, i could possibly see you around if i head up there lobster, i've got a few friends that attend cal
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 184
Bump...

I'm surprised there aren't more of us...

Oh, and kinetix, perhaps one day when midterms are all over... i will start a thread in the partys/meetings/getogethers section so we can compare our rigs
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 184
Quote:

I'm surprised there aren't more of us...

hmm...i'm pretty sure there are. c'mon people, why are you so shy?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Oh, and kinetix, perhaps one day when midterms are all over... i will start a thread in the partys/meetings/getogethers section so we can compare our rigs

cool, sounds awesome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 184
Cal alum and berkeley resident here!

not sure who else is in the bay area, but i know there are at least a few head-fiers

but, much like whats been said in the Headphones Sightings thread...i havent seen too many ppl with decent 'phones...just tons of stock earbuds and dinky mp3/PCDPs

oh well

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 184
ah ha... thanks kinetix. i had thought this thread died out. i wish i could mark certain threads for watchin' purposes, without receiving a plethora of emails.

nana - just look for a dork soon to be wearing hd280s in public.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 184
hahaha, ok, a guy with lobsterclaws and hd280s, ill keep a lookout.

right now i'm not using anything portable, so i'm just another guy walking down the street w/o headphones. at work tho, you can spot me with the enormous HP890 bowls strapped to my head, or my DT231s....im forced to keep my ever stylish grados (i know some/most will balk, but i do like their look) and AKG 501s at home since they leak so damn much.

keep in touch guys.

Nov 6, 2002 at 6:47 PM Post #8 of 184
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
keep in touch guys.

bah, at least you two can
tongue.gif
. maybe we'l plan something out within the upcoming months as lobster said. if we do, i guess i can meet you guys up there so i can visit a few of my friends (and visit amoeba records as well
biggrin.gif
) while i'm up there.

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 184
amoeba in SF or in berkeley...rasputin's and amoeba in berk are great, but the SF amoeba...mmmmmmmmm. however, the internet killed the B&M store, as the song goes...kinda...its been a while since i've been in either store.

anyway, there are a few others, who i wont name in case they dont want their locations disclosed, who do live up here in the bay, not necessarilly just in berkeley tho. southbay counts too, just maybe not Palo Alto...blech.
very_evil_smiley.gif

well, i'd make exceptions for fellow head-fiers
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 184
Yes, I am aware of at least one other in Berkeley. Unfortunately, he sold off his ATH-W100, so I guess I'll have to wait to listen to that (actually, I really want to hear the new ATH-W1000 when it comes out... or maybe the W2002, but y'know how it goes with those limited editions..).

I've never been to the Amoeba in SF. Hmm... maybe I'll have to make a trip this holiday weekend (good excuse to get into the city).

Oh and nana, I'm with you on the grado looks. I think they're pretty cool... kind of have that art-deco look to them. old and sophisticated. one day i will own a pair... of RS-1's!

Nov 6, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #11 of 184
i'll agree with nanahachi that the SF amoeba kills the berk one. a whole lot bigger, organized, and just more music. an amoeba is an amoeba though. W1000...hmm, i'm still contemplating between that, the A1000, and the 100Ti.. decisions decisions.

Nov 6, 2002 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 184
either of you been to the amoeba in LA?
i think ill hit it up around t-giving when im down there next. i think its on sunset...

wow, if either of you get your hands on a pair of AT's...ill happilly come over and drool

Nov 6, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #13 of 184
haven't had enough time to explore the amoeba in LA each time that i go down there, wonder how it is. nanahachi, make sure you bring a towel for one of the AT cans, and bring an extra towel if i happen to get myself a max-out meta
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2002 at 4:00 AM Post #14 of 184
I'm a Berkeley kid, born and raised. Going to school at UConn right now
frown.gif
. I do miss the East Bay. I should be back sometime in the spring, walking all around campus with my friend who goes there. I'll be rocking my HD 280 Pros.

Nov 7, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #15 of 184
hey grancasa, ur pm box is full. i'll just post my msg. here:

hmm, you say that your friends are from '04 and '05? well i'm just a freshman in college, so that makes me c/o '06. i don't know much sophs and don't know any juniors at all. so i guess i would say that i haven't met any of your friends.

coming up in jan.? perhaps lobstersan, nanahachi, and i will try to plan something out. we really don't know yet, it was just thrown in by lobstersan. but january would be a good time for me because i will most likely be fully upgraded by then
wink.gif
. heh. well keep us posted if you do decide to come down here, i guess we can make some date arrangements to accomodate meeting with you. the more head-fiers, the merrier
biggrin.gif

ps: oh i've been enjoying the sun for a while now, born and raised in california. my home is fremont, not sure if you've ever heard of that city. peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back