UC Berkeley / Berkeley meet (Summer 2004)
Aug 16, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 112
Consider me in also
600smile.gif

I don't have much but i can bring my meta and hd-600

Aug 16, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #32 of 112
I'm going to call a few places on campus tomorrow seeing if there are any rooms available around the time of the meet.

so its either August 28... or September 4?

we can always have a meet on one of the weekdays in the last week of August... hopefully that won't get rid of too many attendees. then we can use my apartment.

Aug 16, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #33 of 112
Hi,

I can't make it to the Aug 28 one. I'm only moving in on the 27th. If it's the Sept. 4 one I could probably make it. I should be able to bring DT-531s, but I have nothing else that would warrant a listen.

Aug 16, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #35 of 112
people are coming over from sacramento?? oh wow.

I better find a location soon then. off I go to call for room reservations. relatively large rooms.
biggrin.gif

looking like sept 4th is a good day for a meet. will allow for more people to find the thread and schedule it in too.

Aug 17, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #36 of 112
Will there maybe be another meet around late September / early Octobre in the Bay Area?

Aug 17, 2004 at 8:16 PM Post #37 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
Will there maybe be another meet around late September / early Octobre in the Bay Area?

yes, at your place.
biggrin.gif

utep10 wouldn't mind hosting another meet (I think) so possibly he can do one around then. there's going to be a lot of meets in the area in the next few months. lol

Aug 21, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #38 of 112
i'm up for a Berkely meet, if the place is within reasonable walking distance (read, a mile-ish) from BART. My roomie's outta town so I'm car-less. (im free any time as my classes on the weekdays end at noon)

Aug 21, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #39 of 112
I was out of town for the week so haven't called the campus for a room yet... I guess we can take over my apartment if needed, though I'm pretty sure there will be a room available. I will call for locations on campus on monday.

the campus and my apartment should be relatively close to the BART station (a mile or two... I don't know.) so that shouldn't be a problem. I can help carry some stuff from the station if needed.

Aug 22, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #40 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
looking like sept 4th is a good day for a meet.

I think it's time to commit to a date, venue, and no. of guests now. The 4th is fine w/me.

Aug 22, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #41 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
I think it's time to commit to a date, venue, and no. of guests now. The 4th is fine w/me.

the date looks like it is going to be September the 4th since that will fit the schedules of most of the interested parties and is still a few weeks away to allow for the final planning for things such as a location and time.

from this thread, it seems that there are around 11 people that can come on that date so I'll call about a room on campus that can hold a bit more than that plus all the gear that will also be there.

if you haven't told us already, please list the equipment that you will be bringing over so I can have a rough estimate on how much stuff will be there.

I'll most likely need someone with a car to help transport my setup.

Aug 22, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #42 of 112
i'm good for the 4th (my first meet, yay! time to hog some cd3k and see what all the fuss is about
smily_headphones1.gif
)
if you guys would like, I can bring my Budget-Fi rig along as it fits easy into a backpack, but it'd be so outclassed
biggrin.gif
*hides*

Headphone: A900
DAC: Entech Number Cruncher 205.2
AMP: Dual Power MINT
IC: Headphile CPU Silver
Source: Imp-550 optical out

Aug 22, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #43 of 112
Headphone Inventory:
Sennheiser PX-200, Sennheiser HD 650 w/Zu Mobius cable
Headphone Amp Inventory:
Meier Audio PreHead
Source Inventory:
Musical Fidelity A3 CD
Cable Inventory:
Zu Mobius, Tara labs RSC AIR 2 interconnects, Balanced Power Tech AC Cable
Power-Related Components:
PSAudio Ultimate Outlet standard 15amp
Tweaks:
Tara Labs Vanishing Points Vibration Isolators

I can probably help with transportation if needed.

Aug 22, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #45 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Gee had this meet been a week earlier, most likely I could have attended, going to be in Mountain View CA most of next week.

There are always mini-meets.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can come and I will bring:
ps-1
benchmark dac-1
porta-pro 2

I can also bring
ipod
a900
sony v6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back