Tyll Hertsen Rocks
May 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I really admire the man for his honesty and I consider him to be one of the best headphone reviewers. 

Of course, it is subjective but one thing for sure, I hate harsh sounding headphones and Tyll knows what the crappy headphones are. I do agree with him that Grados are flawed even though I do like the SR60 Model.
The man is a genius. Tyll is the Roger Ebert of headphones and all in all, he is an excellent headphone reviewer.

May 26, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 12
Yep, one of the few people with tons of experience and who knows what he's talking about, and also not afraid to say things as he perceives them.
Most people reviewing or comparing headphones don't even level match, so they're probably working  with 1-4 dB differences or even greater, which makes the whole thing senseless.

But Tyll is one of those guys you can count on to do things right.

May 27, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 12
Papa Tyll.  i wonder if noobs in the past couple of years here on HF understand how much we owe him as headphone enthusiasts.  InnerFidelity rocks!

May 27, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 12
He's inspired me to undertake my first modding project after my graduation. SOME STEAM PUNK THUNDERPANTSIS!!!!! I hope to do a good job modding them as I do intent to use/sell them so I will be researching what to use. Anybody know where to buy leather for the pads*I can sew pretty good* Does it have to be finished*shiny* leather or can it be more of a Kashmir leather as well?

May 27, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 Tyll is the Roger Ebert of headphones and all in all, he is an excellent headphone reviewer.

Does Tyll have anything in the "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" vein?  
blink.gif

THE MAN BREAKS PLANAR MAGNETIC HEADPHONES so we don't have to.  But can see inside too.

He's also not afraid to help out and share what he thinks or how he interprets a measurement...

I like to link to his measurements a BUNCH. 

So, thanks Tyll!  

(Really wanted those Grado HF2 measurements too!) 

May 27, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 12
Aww geez.  Now I'm embarrassed. 

I tell you what rocks ... this hobby.  Just amazing. I get credit for it sometimes, but I really had no idea a hobby would come out of it untill HeadWize really started rolling, and then when meets started there was no denying it. 

The whole DIY thing is stunning, and Smeggy's Thunderpants and the whole "home made headphones" thing is just amazing. 

Quote:
Tyll is a dangerous sexual deviant who should be banished to some remote location where his evil views can't pollute the delicate ears of head- fiers!

:wink:

I thought that was already done. :wink:

May 27, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 12
Tyll I agree with the post you with the formation of Headroom and your contributions helped create this hobby and make it was it is today. it had to get steam and you gave it that. I enjoyed your new venture as well keep the reviews coming and glad to see you back active here in the community

May 27, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #10 of 12
And can I also add my thanks for taking measurements - it's always nice to relate what we hear to graph on a bit of (electronic) paper. Keeps some of the voodoo out of the mix, and gives us some objective data to draw conclusions from. I'd be lost without your resources page at inner fidelity.

May 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #11 of 12

Love his written and video reviews.

May 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #12 of 12
Tyll's awesome. One of the people whose ears I trust most on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back