Two new alternatives to choose from while buying two way three driver iem . Fischer Amps FA-3E and the t.bone EP 7
Sep 24, 2012 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MuZo2

Headphoneus Supremus
Sep 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 13
The Fischer Amps FA-3E  is pretty interesting..... 
etysmile.gif
 However the design seem so plain
redface.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
The Fischer Amps FA-3E  is pretty interesting..... 
etysmile.gif
 However the design seem so plain
redface.gif

Ive had a pair for a few months now, and think there excellent. Great SQ, and very comfortable. I would say understaded rather than plain ;D

The picture above isnt a real representation of how they look. There a little more translucent in the flesh:

As you can probably just about make out, the channels are marked with the appropriate colour of wire each side, which I thought was a nice touch.

And they fit my tiny ears!

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 13
The t.bone stuff look like all OEM rebrands from JTS Audio. I've tried their stuff before. Tank-like build, but poor cable ergonomics (way too thick and stiff) and the sound leaves a lot to be desired. If these are rebrands, there's no reason they shouldn't sound exactly the same.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 13
Impression about FA-3E from dutch-belgian-german-headphone meet

http://www.head-fi.org/t/636924/dutch-belgian-german-headphone-meet-18-11-2012-photos-and-impressions/75#post_8900812

Quote:
Sepinho gave me his FA-3E after the meet so I could listen to them for another day because I was already so amazed on my way to the meet and didn't even try any other IEM until we got there.

Background: I was A/B comparing UE900 and Heir 4.Ai for a few days in a row and trying to figure out which of the two sounds more neutral? Is the UE900 too warm or is the 4.Ai too bright?

And then the FA-3E hit me. Maybe my ears were already exhausted with neutral IEMs, but this one just hit the spot. I was trying to figure out what flaws it has and I couldn't find any - that at a considerably lower price than both, the UE and Heir. I'd say it is extremely uncolored with the best timbre I've heard from a BA yet.

On the second day, I *think* to have found following "flaws": kick-bass is slightly elevated, as is the presence peak. I will consider both flaws a plus, personally. It adds a tiny bit musicality but it is really hard to find because of the good timbre. I'm guessing nobody will ever notice unless he's heard more neutral 'phones.
Resolution is not 100% on par with UE900 and 4.Ai but it's pretty close. There seems to be a slight roll-off in the very high frequencies but I haven't heard anybody confirm it yet.

All in all, it's a very neutral earphone that secretly adds some drive to the music. Extremely recommended for transparency and Rock fans.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 13
i did a comparo of the fa3e along with ue900 and heir audio 4ai in german hifi forum. while i liked the heir best, the fisher was in between the ue and the heir. it is better in overall quality than shure se535. bass extension is better, imaging is better and it does not have that shouty mids. but still creamy mids. there is an xb version also that has a new bass driver, which provides slightly more sub bass, did not listen to them yet, but the guys that own them say, that this one is perfect for those who want to upgrade from tf10 and the likes.

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 13
I own the FA-3 (not "E" but comfort is ok) and  i am very happy that i upgraded from shure215 and Sennheiser 880. You realize the difference right from the start. More details, more realism, more space for the elements of the track.

Everything sounds so realistic and i can listen for hours without getting stressed.

Missing to perfection: a little power for the bass, mids get a little chaotic when there highspeed passages with many instruments, could reach a little higher

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 13
Hi I received them this afternoon here are some pictures they look really nice and sturdy, fit is awesome as isolation and comfort:

So how is the sound? i've never did a review and im the worst describing iems and my english is horrible also....anyway im the only one around here with these iems so ill try to be unbiased and real about it. First of all i´ve been playing with some tips before make this early first impressions, but they are very early first impressions keep it in mind.

Lets talk about the bass as these are the EXTRA BASS version :) One thing is that these iems have plenty of bass (at least for me, ive only listened to these iems: um3x,shure535, sm3v2 and ex1000... Ive never listened to tf10 or westone 3 or bassy iems) with most of the tips i found it excessive and (it fits really well the kind of music i listen to: all kinds of indie  music but mainly rock) with the lg optimus2x and my ibasso d4 it can overpower the rest of the spectrum as im used to listen to balanced iems....anyway with the sony hybrids m-l which comes with my ex1000 give me the most clear and balanced sound(as it gave my with the ex1000 but the bass in this case lacked punch and quantity) here the bass is still punchy and at least in the same quantity as my old um3x with the other tips bass is more punchy than the um3x at least is what i remember because i have to rehell them. overall sound: a more clear shure535 with better extended highs, much better timbre( timbre is really good!!), a bit wider soundstage separation is as good but less 3d as i remeber(my 535 also need a reshell lol) and far more powerful and engaging bass, but they are more sibilant in some recordings as the treble is more present and  energetic. they remind me to the shure 535 a lot. compared to my ex1000 and my sm3v2 without filters at least in the same league if not above, these are impressive for 330 euros and 3 years of warranty what a deal!!. Ill try to upload more things about the sound. one weird thing is the detachable cable is very difficult to change i didn't do it yet because is very stucked into them. finally i did a very visceral and unbiased review but  hey these are the xb version!

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #13 of 13
thanks! im listening to them again my impressions are the same or better than yesterday....these are great! very clear, powerful and detailed sound :wink:.

ive benn listenning this afternoon to my sm3v2 without the filters and with custom tips. im using a better cable with the fischers and the normal cable with the sm3 v2 as the fischers are getting all my atention and i can say that the fischers with normal tips are better.

the others are great  butthese are still more clear and detailed than the sm3 i still think that the imaging of the sm3 is better and more 3d while the soundstage is equal or a bit bigger in the fischers, anyway separation is really good in the fischers more natural and they are very very clear while the bass hits harder,both are very good.

Time to check my ex 1000 but the sound signature is quite different to these iems...whitout listening to them right now i can say that the ex1000 provides a more natural and spacious sound while i think the others are more clear (yes the sonys are very clear, people think the sm3 v2 are darker yes they are darker but this dissapears without the filters,anyway the sonys are more clear than the normal sm3 hands down) and detailed with better separation. Bass is different more natural, more rumble, better texture and reach deeper in the sonys but bass is great in the others(as everybody knows bass in the sm3 v2 sounds like dynamic iems) but the fischers give you the same punch and rumble of the um3x if not more so if you are into clear detailed sound with powerful bass these are for you...in a german forum someone said you have to go for the jh11 or something better to get this sound quality, while i havnet listened to any custom iem ive listened to 5 top tier iems with custom tips and upgrade cables and i can say i believe what this guy said. Timbre is still better in the sony ex1000 but the fischers timbre is close not the sm3.  now i prefer the fischers over them. time to relex and listen

well my final conclusion: i've changed to the tips which are similar to the shure olives in medium plus the white angel cable and im so impressed with the sound that if im looking for something better ill be a stupid, im am really amazed by the sound a step above everything else ive listened to, i suppose its the kind of signature which fit perfect my musical preferences. These rock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back