TWag stranded UP-OCC silver wire - Whoa!!
Feb 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #406 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have about 210 hours on it and it sounded very nice. Craig, just checking my options, I have the single-ended Twag cable for the JH13 now, if I want to go balance for the Protector, do I have to get a new balance Twag cable or could I send the SE in to you for recable to balance for the Protector. Is the single-ended a 3 conductor cable whereas the balance is a 4?conductor cable?

I have another thought Craig, let say if you have a thousand feet of TWAG cable in a roll, wouldn't it be easier if you just put a connector at both ends of the 1000' cable and burn them through one time, then in one shot you could burn in the whole thing and you can save all your customers some real pain of burning in the cable?

On the RSA sponsored thread on the Protector, Ray showed an adaptor from 2 xlr female connectors to the Protector, did you make that adaptor, if so, it is with Twag? It is a black cable. Thanks.

Hey!

It's not possible to burn in that length since it's in much smaller rolls.

I not sure where the cable came from. It's certainly very easy to duplicate. Especially with TWag.

In fact, I'm adding it as a product. It should sound amazing with Cryoparts custom Carbon XLRs.
Craig

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #407 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks like Ray's military cable so I would suspect Ray made it. Ray actually order enough connectors for alot of builders, including Craig I believe. He is also selling them direct with the Protector if someone was going to build their own.

Yup..

If you check my Protector thread, I have decided on pricing and have the connectors already!!

So, it's go time!
Craig

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #408 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey!

It's not possible to burn in that length since it's in much smaller rolls.

I not sure where the cable came from. It's certainly very easy to duplicate. Especially with TWag.

In fact, I'm adding it as a product. It should sound amazing with Cryoparts custom Carbon XLRs.
Craig

I went to your site and still have not seen any product/pricing for the balance protector Twag or the xlr to Protector adaptor. I thought you said you are adding it as a product. Thanks.

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #409 of 551
Quote:

I went to your site and still have not seen any product/pricing for the balance protector Twag or the xlr to Protector adaptor. I thought you said you are adding it as a product. Thanks.

If you go to the first page of the TWag protector thread you will see the price under the original post.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #410 of 551
Quote:

I will be adding this to my site tonight/tomorrow!!

Craig

Feb 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #411 of 551
Quote:

I am going down to the manufacturer on the 5th to audition this speaker.

Focus%20SE.jpg

Broke down and order these puppies today after a 3 hour visit with the manufacturer. They are going to provide white glove service and deliver and install them in my home and take my trade in's back with them.

Now the wait begins. Makes me wonder if Craig would sell me any wire to have them wire the internals with TWag.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #413 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone.

When problems occurs, the only way to solve it is through communication. This is a tough and demanding business. I have often been working 24/7 with emails, prototyping and building cables.

I do believe in customer service. Certainly it does not come naturally. My position is, what if I were in your shoes approach.

Plus I thank everyone for understanding my medical situation. So thanks!!

Craig

Indeed he does, Craig and I talk a LOT, and his concern for his customers is real, and always on his mind.

Craig's desire to do right by his clients is one of the main reasons I allowed him to be the first (and ONLY right now) authorized OEM of TWag.

Peace,

Lee

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #414 of 551
Thread pruned as per MOT Sponsored thread's requirements.
Please keep this a MOT Sponsored thread.

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #415 of 551
Quote:

Broke down and order these puppies today after a 3 hour visit with the manufacturer. They are going to provide white glove service and deliver and install them in my home and take my trade in's back with them.

Now the wait begins. Makes me wonder if Craig would sell me any wire to have them wire the internals with TWag.
biggrin.gif

Turns out, the TWag is not heavy enough gauge as needed 40 feet of 14 AWG and 16 feet of 12 AWG. Also talked with the designer this afternoon and basically, the sound really wouldn't change significantly as they tune the speaker to how they believe it should sound. They factored in the type of cabling into the design.

Sorry Craig for no sale.
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #416 of 551
sorry double post

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #417 of 551
^ I think we've all heard the same argument from headphone companies but that did not stop us from recabling our cans :wink:

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #418 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I think we've all heard the same argument from headphone companies but that did not stop us from recabling our cans :wink:

Actually that is why I asked in the first place since they used Kimber Kable Silver Streak for the ribbon but more generic stranded for the rest. The difference is they do build in the networks and the various characteristics of the cable are factored into this and then the designer, or owner in this case, hand tunes each speaker to be sure it meets his expectation. With a headphone cable, I don't know they really go through that with each and every headphone.

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #419 of 551
Got my little TWag shipment today, which was a big surprise as i wasnt expecting it for another couple of weeks.

DSC00175.jpg

I went for a 50cm Miniplug to Rca cable and a 4" right angled mini to mini cable. They both turned out even better than i had hoped, and just ooze of quality. Even fresh out of the bag they sound pretty good, cant wait till they have a few hundreds hours on them to see what they can really do.

Thanks Craig
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #420 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my little TWag shipment today, which was a big surprise as i wasnt expecting it for another couple of weeks.

DSC00175.jpg

I went for a 50cm Miniplug to Rca cable and a 4" right angled mini to mini cable. They both turned out even better than i had hoped, and just ooze of quality. Even fresh out of the bag they sound pretty good, cant wait till they have a few hundreds hours on them to see what they can really do.

Thanks Craig
beerchug.gif

You are welcome!!

They will surprise you as they burn in!

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back