TWag stranded UP-OCC silver wire - Whoa!!
Dec 24, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #226 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will order a set in, source the connectors, and design a cable for them. I just shot the manufacturer an e-mail for details. Maybe you can shoot him an e-mail as well, please?

Done, B4 you even asked
tongue.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #228 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Done, B4 you even asked
tongue.gif

Thank you. As soon as I hear back from them, get a set in, and source the connectors, I'll get a cable designed.

Watch Craig's forum for details of the release of the cable--I'll offer it through him, like I do the Hyperion and Oracle HD800 cables.

Peace,

Lee

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #230 of 551
I'm expecting my Twag LOD and RCA to RCA cables any time now. Any idea on how to burn in the RCA cables without having to use my Imod and LISA III? I plan to burn the LOD with a spare regular classic Ipod I have and my old Tomahawk but I don't want to drain my Imod battery running it 300 hours to burn the RCA's. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #231 of 551
Do you have a cable TV box and TV with RCA ins/outs?

In my house, that would offer about 8 hours a day of IC burn-in with the various shifts of people watching TV in my house on any given day.
Heck 2 Sunday football games is 9 hours!

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #232 of 551
Anybody know where to find a shirt clip? I see some online, but I'm wondering if anyone has any first-hand experience using a specific one with the TWag.

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #233 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I call first!

beerchug.gif

I'm not 100% sure it will happen though, so, let's save the toast until later. It depends on the level of cooperation from the manufacturer of the headphone, and how easy the connectors are to source.

I tend to do things a bit differently than some, I am very methodical, thorough, and have a certain way I do things. If I cannot do things my way, I won't do it. I'm too set in my ways, and too busy, so I have to be careful what I become involved with.

In any event, there are a couple of critical things that need to happen to make a "quick small project" like this a go:

I need to get my hands on a set of the cans ASAP, run them in, do some serious listening with different amps, and determine what I want the cable to bring to the table.

Once I determine what the cable needs to "do", it will take me about 10 days to prototype the cable (I typically build 5-11 protos), so that it works as a "system" with the can to not only "change" the sound, but improve it, at least to my ears.

As I do a lot of OEM work/consulting/designing, I was planning on fitting this little project in between a large project I have ending soon (after 4 months), and a giant (10-12 months) new one that starts about two weeks later. If I hear back from the headphone manufacturer in enough time (I haven't heard from him yet-but it is the holiday's so...) to get things rolling, I'll go ahead. If not, then I'll be forced to bag it.

I enjoy designing headphone cables, however, this niche is a very small portion of my business, so I have to "work in" these projects as the ROI is typically pretty low. I design headphone stuff mainly for fun, and to help my buddy Craig out.

So, that's where things stand now. Hopefully soon I'll know one way, or another, and will post here what is going on.

Peace,

Lee

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #235 of 551
I have some burn-in to do!

eimgp7690.jpg

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #236 of 551
Quote:

beerchug.gif

I'm not 100% sure it will happen though, so, let's save the toast until later. It depends on the level of cooperation from the manufacturer of the headphone, and how easy the connectors are to source.

I tend to do things a bit differently than some, I am very methodical, thorough, and have a certain way I do things. If I cannot do things my way, I won't do it. I'm too set in my ways, and too busy, so I have to be careful what I become involved with.

In any event, there are a couple of critical things that need to happen to make a "quick small project" like this a go:

I need to get my hands on a set of the cans ASAP, run them in, do some serious listening with different amps, and determine what I want the cable to bring to the table.

Once I determine what the cable needs to "do", it will take me about 10 days to prototype the cable (I typically build 5-11 protos), so that it works as a "system" with the can to not only "change" the sound, but improve it, at least to my ears.

As I do a lot of OEM work/consulting/designing, I was planning on fitting this little project in between a large project I have ending soon (after 4 months), and a giant (10-12 months) new one that starts about two weeks later. If I hear back from the headphone manufacturer in enough time (I haven't heard from him yet-but it is the holiday's so...) to get things rolling, I'll go ahead. If not, then I'll be forced to bag it.

I enjoy designing headphone cables, however, this niche is a very small portion of my business, so I have to "work in" these projects as the ROI is typically pretty low. I design headphone stuff mainly for fun, and to help my buddy Craig out.

So, that's where things stand now. Hopefully soon I'll know one way, or another, and will post here what is going on.

Peace,

Lee

It appears the manufacturer has already started working with another cable vendor as the cable manufacturer has both the cable and headphones available for sale now according to their Member of the trade thread.

A different headphone cable manufacturer originally announced he was working on a cable and one a Head-Fier sent him his HE-5s to work with. However, I haven't seen anything from that thread in awhile and in the meantime the cable manufacturer I mentioned above has introduced a cable. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not.

I maybe able to be convince to send you my HE-5s, if that would at all help the effort.

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #237 of 551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It appears the manufacturer has already started working with another cable vendor as the cable manufacturer has both the cable and headphones available for sale now according to their Member of the trade thread.

A different headphone cable manufacturer originally announced he was working on a cable and one a Head-Fier sent him his HE-5s to work with. However, I haven't seen anything from that thread in awhile and in the meantime the cable manufacturer I mentioned above has introduced a cable. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not.

I maybe able to be convince to send you my HE-5s, if that would at all help the effort.

Hmm, interesting. That would explain the lack of response from the manufacturer of the cans. If he has another deal already worked out with someone else for re-cabling, then more power to them both, and I hope it goes well. I'll look around to see who it is, when I get some time.

That's cool. I was really only interested in doing the project as I wanted to help a few of Craig's customers out who are really grooving on the TWag. I was going to design a pretty trick "limited edition" HE-5 cable based on the TWag for the cans for the few of you who are Craig's customers, and have HE-5's.

Finding the connectors is not a problem, I am sure it is a pretty generic Asian connector as the cans are made in Asia, it would just take some time searching from my vendors. As far as the wire, I have a warehouse with hundreds of thousands of meters of wire stocked, so covered there, ha!

It was kind of a "spur of the moment" idea, that I did not expect to make money on, but hoped to at least break even on, then I could write the time off as "fun time", or "help a brother out time". But, since there seems to be a deal to supply aftermarket cables inked already, I'll probably just bag the idea. I'm sure whoever is providing the replacement cables will provide a nice product.

At this time, finding the time to search for the connectors, and then devoting the time to designing the cable, without the real prospect of at least breaking even does not really pique my interest, sorry. Especially without the interest of the small headphone manufacturer, as these cans seem to be produced in very small quantities, and are probably a pet project. I'm not one to step on toes.

Peace,

Lee

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #239 of 551
Quote:

Just a guy who has been doing this a long time. I tend to be curmudgeonly though.
biggrin.gif

Peace,

Lee

Amoung other colorful words!!

Hehehe
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back