Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Apr 30, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #196 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnstringer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am using the foam tips.. tried all three starting with the mediums (because they shipped with the IEMS). I tried squishing them and then waiting until they expanded, around 1 minute in each ear. However, when I let go, they seemed to loosen a bit and the isolation just wasn't there, I can here everything around me quite clearly. I then tried the rest from the tip kit and none of them worked very well either. Even the largest size seems to expand fully in my ear, which probably means they're not sealing.. if they were, they would remain party squished in my ear canal.

I do understand that active noise cancellation is quite different from isolation, which is the reason I bought IEMs... to insulate my ears from voices rather than just removing ambient noise. Perhaps my ear canals just have a weird shape, or are abnormally large.

your words my friend, but i fear it could well be the case, the large foams are pretty huge.

May 4, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #197 of 345
[size=x-large]I'M...............BACK!!!!!
tongue_smile.gif
[/size]

May 4, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #199 of 345
[size=medium]" NO REVIEW OF THE SHURE SE530'S ARE CORRECT UNTIL THEY WERE REVIEW WITH MY MOD APPLIED TO THEM... "[/size]

Wow, quite a claim. One I'm not necessarily about to dispute as I don't own 530s, and I didn't like em when I heard em.

But...no review of the SE530 is correct w/out yr mod? Not one? There's been some pretty damn fine review/ers here...

May 4, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #200 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]" NO REVIEW OF THE SHURE SE530'S ARE CORRECT UNTIL THEY WERE REVIEW WITH MY MOD APPLIED TO THEM... "[/size]

Wow, quite a claim. One I'm not necessarily about to dispute as I don't own 530s, and I didn't like em when I heard em.

But...no review of the SE530 is correct w/out yr mod? Not one? There's been some pretty damn fine review/ers here...

Well since my mod significantly increases the treble energy all reviews aren't correct since most of them bash the Shure SE530's treble presence.

May 4, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #201 of 345
Fair enough if that's yr view, tho 'all' aint the same as 'most'
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 4, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #203 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, quite a claim. One I'm not necessarily about to dispute as I don't own 530s,
and I didn't like em when I heard em.

I had the E500 twice, and I didn't like it twice
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #204 of 345
Seriously, we get it. Quit the internetshouting already! It is seriously not fun anymore.

May 4, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #206 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, we get it. Quit the internetshouting already! It is seriously not fun anymore.

What? My update shouts? If so...I'm sorry
redface.gif

May 4, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #207 of 345
Seriously. The ban was for something. To teach you that massflooding, the size 24 replies, internet shouting, unuseful thread bumping, etc are quite irritating to others.

May 5, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #208 of 345
Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail"

lol. like a balding guy trying fool himself with a comb over... eh, those phones sure are expensive -- had I not returned them and bought real phones, I'd be trying to convince myself that I could somehow make 'em better as well...

May 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #209 of 345
Don't comment if you're not able to actually try the mod. It really works and I have no interest in to try and convince myself if it did, because that's just purely unuseful and would defeat the whole purpose of modding, tweaking and adjusting.

May 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #210 of 345
Here is my take: the mod bumps up the upper treble by maybe 3dB or less (I am guess here since I got no measuring tool). The more significant part of the mod is it takes away some of the mid warmness that make SE530's mid sounding sweet. The trade off doesn't really worth it IMO. I'll stick back to olive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back