Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
May 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #316 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like an imaginary girlfriend may be... you spend to much time posting here to actually have a life outside this forum..and posting the same thing over and over.

Do you know phones can get on the web and post on forums? OMG so that means I could be outside away from a computer and post on forums over the internet. Wow that is sooooo awesome. Also when I go to school, I can bring my laptop with me which is a miniature version of a desktop PC!!!

May 7, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #318 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the heck does any of this have to do with anything?

You mean beside the awesome lameness?

May 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #319 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason there is phase distortion is because of the faults in the crossover network.

Explain what causes faults in the crossover network without analogies and cliches.

May 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #320 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Explain what causes faults in the crossover network without analogies and cliches.

Simple lag in which the signal is sent to each speaker causes each speaker to not start and stop at the same time to form a coherent sound. Also the crossover may not be able to control a speaker slightly trying to play the wrong frequency.

May 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #321 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I understood that the first time. The implication of your argument was that the phase distortion will be audible, that it won't be a good thing and that, therefore, it is a reason to prefer a single driver over a multiple driver solution. My original comment still stands, given the context of the discussion: lot's of folks here have heard the current top-end IEMs that use either technology and there are plenty who would challenge any assertion that the multi-drivers have a problem with phase distortion.

OK, let me break it down for you in context. In one post volt said that SE530 produced distortion free sound. I challenged that assertion by mentioning phase distortion. After, in another post he/she mentions little distortion. Classic case of Flip Flop. Phase distortion is audible to certain people, but subtle at best. I own 4 multi driver iems and I can't pick up phase distortion. It doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

May 7, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #322 of 345
Quote:

OK, let me break it down for you in context. In one post volt said that SE530 produced distortion free sound. I challenged that assertion by mentioning phase distortion. After, in another post he/she mentions little distortion. Classic case of Flip Flop. Phase distortion is audible to certain people, but subtle at best. I own 4 multi driver iems and I can't pick up phase distortion. It doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

I never said the SE530 produced distortion "free" sound I said it has very little distortion in each frequency. Also being that you can't hear phase distortion....when it really boils down to the average ear phase distortion is not there.

May 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #323 of 345
Quote:

Simple lag in which the signal is sent to each speaker causes each speaker to not start and stop at the same time to form a coherent sound. Also the crossover may not be able to control a speaker slightly trying to play the wrong frequency.

A crossover trying to play the wrong frequency is news to me. Sounds like a faulty crossover. Are you talking about the frequencies that drastically roll off in db loss above or below certain cut off points?

May 7, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #324 of 345
Quote:

I never said the SE530 produced distortion "free" sound I said it has very little distortion in each frequency.

Quote:

It's perfectly obvious having multiple drivers handling different frequencies will lead to a much more seperated and distortion free sound.

Yup, you said distortion free.

May 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #325 of 345
Quote:

Yup, you said distortion free.

I never said the SE530's had distortion free sound. I said a multiple driver setup handling different frequencies with a flawless crossover will have a distortion free sound.

May 7, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #326 of 345
Quote:

I never said the SE530's had distortion free sound. I said a multiple driver setup handling different frequencies with a flawless crossover will have a distortion free sound.

Indirectly you did. You are defending and shamelessly promoting the SE530's which utilize a multiple driver setup.

Quote:

It's perfectly obvious having multiple drivers handling different frequencies will lead to a much more seperated and distortion free sound.

You mentioned that no crossover setup is perfect and followed that with the above statement. Misleading and contradictory.

May 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #327 of 345
Quote:

Indirectly you did. You are defending and shamelessly promoting the SE530's which utilize a multiple driver setup.

You mentioned that no crossover setup is perfect and followed that with the above statement. Misleading and contradictory.

What I meant to say was "it was perfectly obvious having a multiple driver setup will lead to a more separated and distortion free sound if the crossover network is flawless".

May 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #328 of 345
Quote:

Do you take showers often? LOL.

I meant during the summer when it's hot and humid, depending on where you live.

May 7, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #329 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by ignorant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant during the summer when it's hot and humid, depending on where you live.

You don't own an air conditioning unit? LOL.

May 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #330 of 345
I go out frequently during the summer, whether it's at work or with my friends - or is that a foreign concept to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back