Turtle Beach PX5 Question (headSET, I know)
Sep 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ACE of SPARTANS

New Head-Fier
Has anyone with this headset actually used the software to create their own presets and such, or downloaded ones from other people who have made good ones for specific games? Because of all the reviews I've read about these, not one has mentioned using this software. So if anyone has experience with using it, it'd be great if you could let me know how good it is and if it is useful and makes a difference. Thanks!

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 6
My only experience with turtle beach is with a horrible hiss from the built in amp, but, really the sound in games is VERY basic, even in games like BF2 it's all the same sound clips, what you need to do is find the sound files (extract from gcf's if its a valve game http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26) load up the files in audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ highlight the sound file, click analyze in the menu bar then plot spectrum, then under algorithm select enhanced autocorrelation, highlight the largest peak with the cursor and that will tell the you peak frequency, you then use what ever equalizer that you please to boost those frequencies.  It will work for any headset or headphone, and you can pick whatever sounds you want to emphasize, but footsteps are where the winning is at.

I've worked on total conversion mods and setup 3d soundscapes for levels and even made custom sounds for maps, once you understand that 90% of those sounds are NOT going to help you win, then you will know what you need to boost and cut.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 6
Really? That's awesome, I never knew about that!

I bet I'd have to go with the Turtle Beach PX5 if I wanted to do that though as I play on xbox and that's the only headset that has customizable presets. But that is a really cool idea that I will have to look into if I end up getting this headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back