TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE!
Nov 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #181 of 3,585
you can get anti static guns you aim the record

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/3062/milty-zerostat-3-anti-static-gun/

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #182 of 3,585
Just remember the anti-static record cleaning brushes have enough radioactive material embedded, that if you cut one up, mixed it with water and drank the fibers, you would die of cancer.
eek.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #183 of 3,585
Still going to get a gun (Anti-static 
rolleyes.gif
), but yesterday my anti-static brush from Mapleshade arrived. Wooden handle with a ground wire coming out the rear - plugs into the wall receptacle's Ground.

So far, so good...

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #184 of 3,585
Still going to get a gun (Anti-static :rolleyes: ), but yesterday my anti-static brush from Mapleshade arrived. Wooden handle with a ground wire coming out the rear - plugs into the wall receptacle's Ground.

So far, so good...

Cool, hadn't seen that one. Love these multi-purpose tools!

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #185 of 3,585
Quote:
Quote:
Still going to get a gun (Anti-static 
rolleyes.gif
), but yesterday my anti-static brush from Mapleshade arrived. Wooden handle with a ground wire coming out the rear - plugs into the wall receptacle's Ground.

So far, so good...

Cool, hadn't seen that one. Love these multi-purpose tools!

Bru-BL-IM.jpg

Static draining record brush.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #187 of 3,585
Hey guys, what's your opinion on this turntable?
Philips 685 Turntable Electronic Control
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-685-Turntable-Electronic-Control-w-Audio-Technica-AT11E2-Stylus-Diamond-/310488186890?pt=US_Record_Players_Home_Turntables&hash=item484a89c00a

Playing vinyl intrigues me. I think I want to start venturing into turntables

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #188 of 3,585
I don't know much about that table, and I am far from the expert here, but in my long search for a good used table it would be my opinion that you could find something in a little better condition (no bent arm etc..) in that price range if you are patient.  I was dedicated to Craigs List and yard sales until I found something I wanted.  

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #189 of 3,585
Quote:
I don't know much about that table, and I am far from the expert here, but in my long search for a good used table it would be my opinion that you could find something in a little better condition (no bent arm etc..) in that price range if you are patient.  I was dedicated to Craigs List and yard sales until I found something I wanted.  

I really have no idea how to judge it through the pictures. Most things seem fine to me aside from the electrical tape cables.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #190 of 3,585
That Philips turntable has a bent tonearm!!!! It isn't worth $9, much less $99. Best to keep looking.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #191 of 3,585
I started a new thread before I saw this, but I figured I'd post my question here also.

I recently found a B&O Beogram RX Turntable while digging through my basement. I'm trying to figure out the simplest and cheapest way to hook it up to my Advent AV570 Speakers, and my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones. I have found a couple things online, such as this: http://www.amazon.com/ART-II-Preamplifier-Outputs-Switchable/dp/B000AJR482

Would this allow my to connect my headphones or speakers directly to the turntable, or would I also need a reciever? How can I make this setup work as cheap as possible?

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #192 of 3,585
Well you have to have an amp for your speakers, regardless. That product is a phono preamp, but you have to connect it to a headphone amp for headphones or a speaker amp for speakers.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #193 of 3,585
Quote:
Well you have to have an amp for your speakers, regardless. That product is a phono preamp, but you have to connect it to a headphone amp for headphones or a speaker amp for speakers.

My speakers have built in amps. I am also purchasing a FiiO E11 for my phone + headphones. Would this also work as a small amp for the turntable or is to weak.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #194 of 3,585
A phono preamp is absolutely mandatory. So you could buy that phono preamp and connect it to the Fiio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back