TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE!
Apr 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,366 of 3,585
I wish they'd done it with a different track. I honestly think Rolling in the Deep and Rumor Has It are some of the weakest songs on the album. I'm partial to Turning Tables.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #1,367 of 3,585
Quote:
I wish they'd done it with a different track. I honestly think Rolling in the Deep and Rumor Has It are some of the weakest songs on the album. I'm partial to Turning Tables.

Set Fire to the Rain is my own personal favorite, but turning tables is up there as well. I agree they arent the strongest tracks, but it still sounds pretty amazing...but holy cow is that remix terrible...

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,368 of 3,585
The original mix of Rolling in the Deep is horrible as well, like the rest of the album. I would love to hear that EP version.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #1,369 of 3,585
Are you talking quality of the master/mix or the music itself?

The 21 vinyl is a pretty significant step up sound wise from the CD...which this album absolutely deserves.

http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=22612 CD
http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=7953 Vinyl

Quote:
The original mix of Rolling in the Deep is horrible as well, like the rest of the album. I would love to hear that EP version.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,370 of 3,585
Are you talking quality of the master/mix or the music itself?

The 21 vinyl is a pretty significant step up sound wise from the CD...which this album absolutely deserves.

http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=22612 CD
http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=7953 Vinyl

My copy of the 21 vinyl is on it's way to me from the Uk, hopefully it will be here soon!

As far as sound quality goes though, the lossless audio on the blu ray live concert sounds amazing as well

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,371 of 3,585
Quote:
My copy of the 21 vinyl is on it's way to me from the Uk, hopefully it will be here soon!

As far as sound quality goes though, the lossless audio on the blu ray live concert sounds amazing as well

No idea which Adele  vinyl had my friend in mind - but it must have been really bad to prompt him to make a digital recording of it - only to discover her voice is clipped most of the time ! When he asked at the shop upon returning this piece of crap if anyone else complained - they were only staring at him with mouth open...

Obviously, yours is not of this variety - lucky guy !

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #1,372 of 3,585
Yes the CD sucks, I received an iPod once with a lossless copy on it and it was horrible quality. Glad to know they did it on purpose
wink_face.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,373 of 3,585
Quote:
Yes the CD sucks, I received an iPod once with a lossless copy on it and it was horrible quality. Glad to know they did it on purpose
wink_face.gif

I was talking about the LP - friend just made correct digital copy of it - to learn about the "excelent" mastering ...

I have seen/heard similar/worse - in serious classical vocal recordings - yikes!

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #1,375 of 3,585
hi guys
im about to start a turntable setup

any recommendations on which Turntable to buy? and for a setup what do i really need? thanks

We would need a budget it order to start recommending things. As for what you need, most lower end tables come with a cartridge, cause you'll need one of those as well, other than that you'll need a phono stage.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #1,378 of 3,585
Glad there are others who hated the 21 CD quality. I love Hiding My Heart away though. Also Rolling In the Deep is also my personal favorite. But the mixing was so bad at the start of the song you can hear artifacts of what I assume someone counting "1, 2, 3" and a little snare cue. Thinking about getting the vinyl, is the mastering really better in vinyl? CD sounded like she's singing behind a carpet.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,379 of 3,585
It's definitely better dynamics wise. I haven't directly compared the actual sound.

Quote:
Glad there are others who hated the 21 CD quality. I love Hiding My Heart away though. Also Rolling In the Deep is also my personal favorite. But the mixing was so bad at the start of the song you can hear artifacts of what I assume someone counting "1, 2, 3" and a little snare cue. Thinking about getting the vinyl, is the mastering really better in vinyl? CD sounded like she's singing behind a carpet.

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,380 of 3,585
Quote:
First you need a budget.

Then multiply that budget by x 3! Then a year later multiply it by x 10 and so on.......

I innocently tried to buy a $50 used TT and have spent close to a hundred times that less than a year later.  That being said, it's been worth every penny.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back