Tube rolling thread | UltraSonic Studios
Jun 25, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #961 of 3,734
Yesterday I had 25C in my room, so it was a good time to measure again some temps on the chasis of Eternity. To my surprise, everywhere I measured (on the trafo, near the exhaust holes) I had the same 37C as I measured in Spring. Impressive, Eternity is a nice and cool amplifier. :)

I also adapt to warmer or more neutral setups and start to prefer them after a while. At the moment I am on the "dark side" with these EL34 xf2. I read a little bit about Abyss 1266 TC (there is an offer on the Classifieds from Europe) and it seems an interesting headphone. Also the LCD-4 seems to be good. Too many nice headphones, too little time.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #965 of 3,734
I have some time now and I spend it with comparing these 2 pairings...

Oblivion > He1000se

Destiny > LCD4

Both fed by Yggdrasil and on the same song...

I really love the contrast of both setup. I love both. Incredible tone. Music sound live and real.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #967 of 3,734
How is Empyrean compared to LCD-4? I thought those are close in signature (dark, relaxing and so on).

Empyrean is darker. :) LCD4 bass goes deeper too. LCD4 high end is more revealing than Empyrean but at that level, you hear everything. There's no lack of details in Empyrean. The best thing to do is to hear it for yourself, preferably with your own dac and amp.

Anyhoo, here's another shot of the setup.

IMG_2608.jpg

Jun 25, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #969 of 3,734
Thanks, this is how I was thinking. You just confirmed me I would prefer LCD-4 instead of Empyrean.

Don't be so sure. Empyrean has an an easy, relaxing tone that is very enticing. I can very clearly remember auditioning Empyrean with Ampandsound Encore (poor man's 300b amp). If you're a details lovers, you won't like it but this is just smooth, warm and organic.

I do much prefer my own setup though. :wink:

Meze Empyrean with Ampandsound Encore.
IMG_1834.jpg

Jun 25, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #974 of 3,734
Hey Shane, good choice. It's been a while since I sit and just listen to music and I've 2 setups now to alternate. It's a cold night but cosy indoors and perfect for music enjoyment. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back