TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 24, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #856 of 1,206
That's where we get "diff'rent ears for diff'rent gears", because I don't agree with the KC06 being better, because details and instrument separation wise, the S-018 has more NATURAL clarity, where as the clarity of the KC06 is an illusion created by better treble extension. It's the Xaiomi Pistons illusion, where the treble decay is so extended, you think it's more detailed than what it is, but it's only giving up details in the highs while hiding details in the mids. Also the bass are very similar. Close. The KC06A has more bass boost, and both Ostry are v shaped for fun factor, like the T1e, where the S-018 is a more balanced IEM. It's tuned for a balanced, clear approach. That's not the KC06, but the KC06 is a fun, clear, and solid budget heavyweight, like the Pistons or KZEDSE.

I agree with you with the s-018 being balance.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #857 of 1,206
Well...s-018 certainly can rumble your ears with enough bass adjustment :D and T500 tips. Because It does vibrate in my ears if I pump it up with that much bass. The thing I like here is that it can handle it pretty well, where as many cheaper pair will distort, and or consuming the details in the mid range....it is a single driver after all.

But no...it takes it like a champ.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #858 of 1,206
fwiw I am finding the S-018 to be a bit bass heavy, but this is of course coming from Havi B3P1. I find its not as fatiguing and easier to turn up the volume but am struggling to find good tips for it. None of mine so far make it easy to get a good consistent solid fit.

Edit: Just to clarify, I was referring to the S-018 when I said I find it easier to turn up the volume and the problem with finding tips

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #859 of 1,206
fwiw I am finding the S-018 to be a bit bass heavy, but this is of course coming from Havi B3P1. I find its not as fatiguing and easier to turn up the volume but am struggling to find good tips for it. None of mine so far make it easy to get a good consistent solid fit.

See! Exactly. It is kinda depend on what gears and ears you have. We are in a digital world :) and we don't all have the same analog cassette player as in the 80 anymore....:D where we can stand at the same view and listen under the same dome

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #860 of 1,206

Edit: Just to clarify, I was referring to the S-018 when I said I find it easier to turn up the volume and the problem with finding tips

You need to order some JVC SPIRAL DOTS. They are the perfect marriage tip for the S-018. The most important detail is to find and use wide bore tips. Narrow or small bore tips (like the Sony Hybrid or Vsonic tips), give it too much bass and restricts that soundstage even further. The S-018 sound mediocre with Sony hybrids.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #863 of 1,206
Nice ! I am glad somebody like them
biggrin.gif
. What is your first impression so far ?

Still the low impact but nice sub bass feeling if you have heard the T1 in the past (not the T1E), but this one has dramatic improvements in mid and high, both in details and the precision so far :D

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #866 of 1,206
Still the low impact but nice sub bass feeling if you have heard the T1 in the past (not the T1E), but this one has dramatic improvements in mid and high, both in details and the precision so far :D

Unfortunately the bass and highs are tamed after burn-in. Still a great set of IEMs for the money but not the fun sound everyone seems to be expecting, think linear sound with great mids and a well behaved treble.

Mine are around 110 hrs now.

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #867 of 1,206
I got good news...

The other day my T2 was confirmed to make landfall on US soil. I'm guessing someone must have personally paddled them across the Pacific Ocean in a canoe, because that's how long it took to get from China to San Fransisco. I swear, I could have ordered them from aliexpress and they would have got here faster. Very uncharacteristic, as Penon stuff usually makes it to my doorstep in a week. I'm not blaming Penon, as they have no control over the snail mail. Now my fingers are crossed, hoping the next guy doesn't decide to power walk them to the midwest.

T2 is still on my coffee table while I wait for my T2...
giphy.gif

Waiting...

Impatiently...

Head Fi over and out

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #868 of 1,206
  I got good news...

The other day my T2 was confirmed to make landfall on US soil. I'm guessing someone must have personally paddled them across the Pacific Ocean in a canoe, because that's how long it took to get from China to San Fransisco. I swear, I could have ordered them from aliexpress and they would have got here faster. Very uncharacteristic, as Penon stuff usually makes it to my doorstep in a week. I'm not blaming Penon, as they have no control over the snail mail. Now my fingers are crossed, hoping the next guy doesn't decide to power walk them to the midwest.

giphy.gif

Waiting...

Impatiently...

Head Fi over and out

I hope this wait is worth it for you.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #869 of 1,206
And i tried it with Sennheiser biflange Wide bore tips and T2 sounds nice with it, stage is wider and sense of space is better too.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #870 of 1,206
I got good news...

giphy.gif

Waiting...

Impatiently...

Head Fi over and out
Mine as well, also got a pair from Ali-express and they are just as slow, haven't even hit the states yet. I've felt with penon many times. I think it's the mail service they use. Lendmeyourears is much quicker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back