TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Oct 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,041 of 2,099
@Viber are you sure you are getting a good seal with the T1E? They should seal like earplugs.

Not at all...
tongue_smile.gif
I'm gonna quote my response to Tom in the comments for my review:

the fit IS problematic with these.
With these you can get a bad fit, a good fit (when the bass sounds good but the hi-mids are still abysmal) annnnd the ever elusive great fit.
When you get great fit with those the hi-mids are better and less horrible (still not worth the money) while the bass remains on a good level.

I discovered that the "best" sound comes when i wear them reversed with the wire over the ear, but then i have to keep a finger on each piece so they won't come out (they are not made for you to wear them this way).

I will play with them\try to mod them again tomorrow, maybe i can get them to sound decent somehow, i think they do have some potential.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #2,043 of 2,099
While everyone is entitled to opinions which I respect, the sudden bashing of a product that's been out for a long time, had great success, and been popular for a long time proves itself that this is a great IEM. I own several other much higher priced and largely popular in-ear monitors, and the T1E holds its own against them. I feel that they are still one of the better deals out there.

@Hisoundfi 

i agree in a sense! definitely got to take all the reviews with a grain of salt! take the + and - and try to make sense of them! thats what i find if i'm curious about anything (which happens a bit too often!) 

but i'm geeky like that i would read pages and pages of the same mentioned product. 

but like anything... gotta get it to find out if it works for YOU!  

the ttpod t1e works really well for me in terms of pop and electronic, for the the given price! and for me anyway it wasn't the sound that was the biggest fault.

it was primarily the fit! if the fit was less uhm....finicky or selective or troublesome, i would have enjoyed them more

they work well with the spin fits right now, which helps the with fit a lot more now. but the spinfits are about $20.... sooo i'm not too sure about that..... 

that darn short nozzle! i wonder if ttpod would consider possibly shrinking the housing. =) but after the disappointing t2, i'm wondering if the t1e was an anomaly..... on paper (the t2s was ready to shock the portable audio world) 2 ba and 1 dynamic for a low price (at least for 3 driver hybrid = sub $100) and quite nice design to boot... 

sighhhhh.....
Quote:

Not at all...
tongue_smile.gif
I'm gonna quote my response to Tom in the comments for my review:

I will play with them\try to mod them again tomorrow, maybe i can get them to sound decent somehow, i think they do have some potential.

haha @Viber thanks for quoting me, but i didn't go so far as to call the upper mid abysmal though... just not my tuning.... but i gotta give credit when credit is due... which lies in its clarity which is what ttpod promised, so on that note..... the ttpod was quite a "odd duckling" at the price range (in this case... odd= good)

still have my pair of ttpod t1e (listening to them now, just took them out of my dusty drawer ) DAT PINK SHELL! 

FEAR THE PINK!

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #2,044 of 2,099
The sound I suppose is pretty good for the price. It is an extremely cheap dual driver headphone, with both the drivers having some faults, but a dual driver is a dual driver, and as such the bass doesn't bleed into the mids and there is good instrument separation.

The bass driver is bloated as hell, without great extension and just a lot of mid bass bloom. The top driver is very clean, though it has a peculiar sound signature with rolled off treble except a few peaks here and there making it sound unnatural and unnecessarily sibilant on a few songs. This would have been a real winner as a bassy iem if it just had linearly rolled off treble, as the top driver is very clean. It doesn't scale well with amping and thus is ideal for people who can't afford one.

So it has good dynamics, its top driver has decent detail, and it has good instrument separation, so I would put it above my KZ ED9 which has a metallic timbre and significantly lacks bass authority. From what I hear the ED10 probably beats the T1e however, as its charts are very similar to it but it has more sub bass, so to anyone new to this market, I would suggest for them to save a few bucks and get the ED10. The SHE 3905 at the same price dominates the T1e at bass detail and extension and soundstage, though it is extremely V shaped.

I wouldn't suggest the Tenore to anyone except people who only use it in stationary situations. Such as on a commute or at work, and who will never, in any circumstance, will stuff it in their pocket. If you really crave a 2 driver iem, the extra bucks for the VSD3 will be well spent. Basically the T1e doesn't have a place anymore at budget-fi.

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #2,045 of 2,099
I want to ask you all something,
Below the metal mesh of your TTpods, is there some kind of foam inside to mellow out the harshness? i'm talking about some kind of material inside the nozzle like they put inside the Pistons2... there's nothing inside mine's.

These do have good band separation and i'm determined to find out what is wrong and fix it\make them useful.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #2,047 of 2,099
Hi everybody, I hope somebody can help me with this:

I've had my ttpods t1e for over a year so far, (I have the blue ones) and they still sound amazingly, never had problems with them besides the horrible 3.5 plug that I had to replace as it broke after five or six months of regular use. Well, now the cable, as you can imagine, looks horribly yellowish and I would like to replace the whole cable for one that I have from a sony pair of earphones (those ones already have a mic and a pause/play button and a very nice and more durable L shaped 3.5 plug, but they sound really meh so I never use them).
The problem is that no matter what I try I just can't open the ttpods earphone shell in order to solder the sony's cable. My ttpods seem to be made of a single piece, inseparable, it almost seems that they are gonna break before they get opened apart as I have used a lot of strenght doing this.
So I don't have any idea of what to do to open them, I've already tried my bare hands obviously, tweezers, a cutter to split the two parts apart, a heatgun to try to loosen the glue,  but they just won't open. 
I know it's possible cause I've seen some really nice modded ttpods, but of course, the people who do mods for a living aren't gonna give away so easily their methods, or at least I think so cause they never answer. 

So, if anybody knows a trick to open the earphone shells without breaking them I would really aprecciate it, I just want to put a nicer cable for my ttpods, I already have the ttpods, the cable and the soldering skills.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,049 of 2,099

I don't think you understand me. Awei IEMs are also pretty crap from an objective\audiophile standpoint, but i can use them for Electronic music or "dark" sounding music IF i use EQ on them, they sound pretty bad with Metal\Classical\Bright recordings...

My point is: the Awei cost me 4-7$ they work fine for the main genres i consume, while the TTturds cost 35$ and they don't serve any purpose whatsoever...I can't enjoy music when a certain range of the spectrum is so ridiculously bad.

I still have a bunch of Awei's, the only one i like is the Woodys EQ9, the rest sound metalic and highs are piercing, tried with a bunch of tips but no improvements.
IMHO,   i reapet.. IMHO...  The T1E has a better much depper bass, mids are way more in front, highs are also better, sounds a bit more fuller.

The EQ9 is a very good iem when you factor that they are under $10,  i find them better sounding than the hyper MonoPrice 8320.

Maybe you got a fake T1E or its not made for you.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #2,050 of 2,099

I still have a bunch of Awei's, the only one i like is the Woodys EQ9, the rest sound metalic and highs are piercing, tried with a bunch of tips but no improvements.
IMHO,   i reapet.. IMHO...  The T1E has a better much depper bass, mids are way more in front, highs are also better, sounds a bit more fuller.

The EQ9 is a very good iem when you factor that they are under $10,  i find them better sounding than the hyper MonoPrice 8320.

Maybe you got a fake T1E or its not made for you.

You mean ES-Q9? cant find "EQ9".

My T1E are not fakes, it's also pretty weird that only the 7-8KHZ range is so objectively bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back