TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Apr 12, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,966 of 2,099
My pair recently started crapping out unexpectedly - the connection where the cable comes out of the jack plug is super sensitive to the touch so the sound cuts in an out when the cord is moved. Will it be difficult to have them fixed? I kind of expected this to happen considering the build of the headphone jack, but didn't expect it to happen this soon - I bought them last August.

It's easy to fix provided that you have access to soldering gun and basic wire cutting tools. Just buy a new replacement 3.5mm male jack and connect the wires to it.

May 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,970 of 2,099
Well, I couldn't make up my mind between the T1-E and the HAVI B3 Pro 1.

Ended up ordering both from Amazon.

I've had bad experiences in the past with IEMs the masses find amazing for the price but I hated (People of the Monoprice, I'm looking at you) so I'm a bit apprehensive.

I'm really looking for a wide roomy 3d soundstage as close to normal cans as possible, with andhht, detailed sound,crispy highs. So that will be very important.
Good bass is not a priority.

Also a good over the ear fit. I suspect I'll prefer the B3 due to all that, but might be wrong.

I'll share a few comments on both when I get them if anyone is curious.

May 4, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,971 of 2,099
Hello, new here and would like some help. First off I like bass, and the warm sound of Sony's XB in ears. How would you compare these ttpod's with the Sony XB's? Thanks!

If you like your bass why don't you try Zero Audio Carbo Basso? They are way more bassy than T1E with a good amount of detail and sparkle.

May 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #1,973 of 2,099
May 6, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #1,974 of 2,099
Well, I couldn't make up my mind between the T1-E and the HAVI B3 Pro 1.

Ended up ordering both from Amazon.

I've had bad experiences in the past with IEMs the masses find amazing for the price but I hated (People of the Monoprice, I'm looking at you) so I'm a bit apprehensive.

I'm really looking for a wide roomy 3d soundstage as close to normal cans as possible, with andhht, detailed sound,crispy highs. So that will be very important.
Good bass is not a priority.

Also a good over the ear fit. I suspect I'll prefer the B3 due to all that, but might be wrong.

I'll share a few comments on both when I get them if anyone is curious.

I still love my MP8320 and use them every day for almost 2 years. The Havis are a sort of upgrade. Same fit, bit better flat FR (MP have a tiny peak in the treble) and same shape.

May 6, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,975 of 2,099
I was horrified at how the MP8320 sounded. It's actually the only IEMs I ended up throwing away. I disliked everything about them. Tiny narrow sound, tight soundstage, weak bass, annoying cord tangled all the time.

It was just too bad. In fact, I wondered if I got a faulty unit, but ended up not getting a replacement.

Seems the Havi B3 will take another week to get here, but the TT should arrive tomorrow.

May 6, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,976 of 2,099
MP8320....sound wise for 8$ is awesome for price to performance ratio...Me only complain is the design and the fit issue..other than that....it gets full mark from me within expectation for the price paid

Cheers

May 14, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,977 of 2,099
  I was horrified at how the MP8320 sounded. It's actually the only IEMs I ended up throwing away. I disliked everything about them. Tiny narrow sound, tight soundstage, weak bass, annoying cord tangled all the time.

It was just too bad. In fact, I wondered if I got a faulty unit, but ended up not getting a replacement.

Seems the Havi B3 will take another week to get here, but the TT should arrive tomorrow.

Ditto and I will add the Sony MH1C  to the company of the 8320.  A truly sorry sound signature to my ears, not to mention the cord.  Although in fairness not nearly as bad as Lenteks form Costco 
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #1,979 of 2,099
Ditto and I will add the Sony MH1C  to the company of the 8320.  A truly sorry sound signature to my ears, not to mention the cord.  Although in fairness not nearly as bad as Lenteks form Costco :D

In retrospect I guess I should have requested another pair of 8320 because those things were so bad that maybe mine were defective. Either that or I truly don't see why those $8 units could cost 3x what they were worth :)

Anyway, to get back to the main thread, I've been using the T1-E for two weeks. now and my overall impression is positive.

They are detailed, with punchy but not overwhelming bass and with clear mids.They sound bright to my ears but never silibant, just sharp highs.

The cord is nice, does not tangle easily. Build quality is acceptable. Fit didn't work for me with any of the included tips so I'm using silicone triflanges that are a bit narrow but seal very well, improving bass and stability.

They're also very easy to drive, even from a phone (12 Ohms). So I'm happy.

The only reason I'm not VERY happy is that I don't find them to match the hype when it comes to soundstage. I finally got the Havi B Pro1 and they are quite similar to the T1 in overall signature but everything just sounds roomier and wider, more 3D and with a much easier over-the-ear fit.

The Havi are the closest I have now to my beanbags MDR-CD3000 when it comes to sounding like normal full size headphones.

Thought about selling the T1-E but I think I'll keep them as they are indeed very good and I'll be using the Havi most of the time but still need something way under 32 ohms in some cases. I really liked the T1 but just didn't get that sign I get when I really love something - the immediate "hmm, maybe I should buy another set in case these break later and are no longer sold".

May 24, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,980 of 2,099
In retrospect I guess I should have requested another pair of 8320 because those things were so bad that maybe mine were defective. Either that or I truly don't see why those $8 units could cost 3x what they were worth :)

Anyway, to get back to the main thread, I've been using the T1-E for two weeks. now and my overall impression is positive.

They are detailed, with punchy but not overwhelming bass and with clear mids.They sound bright to my ears but never silibant, just sharp highs.

The cord is nice, does not tangle easily. Build quality is acceptable. Fit didn't work for me with any of the included tips so I'm using silicone triflanges that are a bit narrow but seal very well, improving bass and stability.

They're also very easy to drive, even from a phone (12 Ohms). So I'm happy.

The only reason I'm not VERY happy is that I don't find them to match the hype when it comes to soundstage. I finally got the Havi B Pro1 and they are quite similar to the T1 in overall signature but everything just sounds roomier and wider, more 3D and with a much easier over-the-ear fit.

The Havi are the closest I have now to my beanbags MDR-CD3000 when it comes to sounding like normal full size headphones.

Thought about selling the T1-E but I think I'll keep them as they are indeed very good and I'll be using the Havi most of the time but still need something way under 32 ohms in some cases. I really liked the T1 but just didn't get that sign I get when I really love something - the immediate "hmm, maybe I should buy another set in case these break later and are no longer sold".

I found a good seal with the triflanges on my t1es as well, but thing is its hard to recommend because most people don't want to shove things down that deeply! its quite intimidating!

in regards to your comparison with the havi b3 pro 1s I found the havis to be substantially less bassy, especially in the midbass, and the midrange is somewhat similar but I prefer the havis, the t1e was a too scooped up for my liking right in the middle, giving it good perceived clarity but lacking the body and presence in the midrange.

the treble did have a peak, your probably more sensitive to that region than I am, so that's probably it. but I found it to good! but its missing extension after that peak.

soundstage wise, I'm not sure where you heard about the hype surrounding the t1e's soundstage, its alright but great, the havis are much roomier as you stated and more 3D, but it does make everything (as in every track)  seem MORE 3D and more expansive, so it depends on whether you think that sounds good or natural to you.

the hype from me following this thread is definitely on the tight, punchy bass and the clear mids and a decent treble. the FIT is another story though sighh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back