TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Dec 24, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #1,621 of 2,099
  Hate to say I told you so. There's such a massive gap in the midrange, it's unbelievable. If they had pumped up the mid range and smoothed out the highs a bit this could've been a real winner. But now, I just don't enjoy listening to them at all as I find them fatiguing.

I agree with you totally. The gap is unbelievable. After listening to fuller sounding IEMs like my Tenores the gap just feels so wide.
I might sell or gift TTPODs if I don't find a way to cope with this ~ 

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #1,624 of 2,099
Guys, is there a point of even trying them when they arrive or should i sell them new? Are these as good as the SE215 at least?
I would say yes but a different sound signature so some subjective things come into play. The 215 have a warm tilt with an emphasis onmids, the t1 has a V shape sound.If you like both sound signatures they do compliment one another.

Fit seems to be split between people who bought them.

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #1,626 of 2,099
  The problems seem to be less and less subjective though (crappy build,NO reproduction of MIDS and 99% complain about the fit).

To say that the T1E has no mids is extremely dramatized. IMO, it has only a slight recession of mids, but not the lack of. However, the complains about the fits has some credibility. The bore size is rather big and the length is quite short, so smaller ears may have a problem getting a proper fit. The build quality is not that bad actually, the IEM is made of sturdy plastic. Its just that there is a lack of proper strain reliefs, but many chinese IEMs suffer from the lack of strain reliefs anyways, like VSD3/S, Havi B3, KC06/A, Gr07.

Dec 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #1,627 of 2,099
  The problems seem to be less and less subjective though (crappy build,NO reproduction of MIDS and 99% complain about the fit).

Sounds like you got a counterfeit. My T1-E has solid build, and I've found several tips that provide satisfactory fit and good sound isolation..
Mids - nothing exaggerated /overemphasised like some IEM's. I guess all the T2 hype is because the T1 is so bad?

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,628 of 2,099

Sounds like you got a counterfeit. My T1-E has solid build, and I've found several tips that provide satisfactory fit and good sound isolation..
Mids - nothing exaggerated /overemphasised like some IEM's. I guess all the T2 hype is because the T1 is so bad?

Didn't get mine yet, just reacting to the last 10+ pages here, too many people complain about the same problems.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,629 of 2,099
I found the root of my T1E gripes. Issue was absence of mesh filter on my right. IInitially it sounded like both sides are balanced but then after some burn in it actually started sounding worse... And harsh. Like I just mentioned in this thread I was thinking of selling T1Es.

But tried stuffing little quantity of cotton in the right tip.. And now this thing is sounding way better. :)

Well, I'm happy with TTPODs. Though it still has V curve it sounds good for my EDM and Kpop collection.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #1,630 of 2,099
I found the root of my T1E gripes. Issue was absence of mesh filter on my right. IInitially it sounded like both sides are balanced but then after some burn in it actually started sounding worse... And harsh. Like I just mentioned in this thread I was thinking of selling T1Es.

But tried stuffing little quantity of cotton in the right tip.. And now this thing is sounding way better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I'm happy with TTPODs. Though it still has V curve it sounds good for my EDM and Kpop collection.

That's a shame. Initially it looked like the filter was upside down? Can you return them? Maybe they can give extra compensation since clearly defective.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,631 of 2,099
That's a shame. Initially it looked like the filter was upside down? Can you return them? Maybe they can give extra compensation since clearly defective.

I found that there are two layers. Inside is a micro fiber black cloth, and outer layer is a metal mesh. My right had cloth but no mesh. I checked out shipping prices here so that I could return and get another one but the prices for registered post are nasty. At least I've mailed my complaint to shenzhenaudio. Let's see what happens. But for now I'm totally good with T1Es.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,632 of 2,099
I found that there are two layers. Inside is a micro fiber black cloth, and outer layer is a metal mesh. My right had cloth but no mesh. I checked out shipping prices here so that I could return and get another one but the prices for registered post are nasty. At least I've mailed my complaint to shenzhenaudio. Let's see what happens. But for now I'm totally good with T1Es.

Do some tip rolling. I initially found the stock tips unbearably v shaped with bloated bass. After doing some tip rolling, I've found the Sennheiser double flange to be the best for me. No more bloated bass and not as V shaped, bass is tight, clear and punchy.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #1,633 of 2,099
Do some tip rolling. I initially found the stock tips unbearably v shaped with bloated bass. After doing some tip rolling, I've found the Sennheiser double flange to be the best for me. No more bloated bass and not as V shaped, bass is tight, clear and punchy.

Yeah I spent a lot of time today on Tip rolling as well and finally settled on Sony Hybrid Medium sized. imo I love Sony Hybrids the most among ear tips because I prefer warm sound. I did even try the senn double flanges but finally Sony, it is. Its comfort is unmatched btw :) Also have Smallest (pink) Hybrids on my Tenores, they just sound so sweet and intimate with these <3

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #1,634 of 2,099
  Yeah I spent a lot of time today on Tip rolling as well and finally settled on Sony Hybrid Medium sized. imo I love Sony Hybrids the most among ear tips because I prefer warm sound. I did even try the senn double flanges but finally Sony, it is. Its comfort is unmatched btw :) Also have Smallest (pink) Hybrids on my Tenores, they just sound so sweet and intimate with these <3

Yes the Sony hybrids do give a warm sound because it seems to smooth out the highs for me too but I love micro details therefore the Sennheiser double flange suits me better. As for my "fully working" Tenore, the JVC Spiral Dot tips sounded the best to me.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,635 of 2,099
Finally got mine in the mail!
All the tips in the box are useless lol, only 2 pairs that fit are  silicones from a cheap Awei iem i got and memory foam tips i got off ebay which provide the best fit so far.

The Sound is very...weird...nothing like what i expected, bass is weak and contained and there's this strange feeling of separation and space, a bit like open headphones.
The only thing i really hate about the sound so far is the harshness somewhere between 4Khz-8Khz (don't know where yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back