TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Dec 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #1,397 of 2,099

If I can listen to them for an or more straight without feeling pain or fatigue then that means it isn't harsh right?

I made a short mix of 2 parts which sound really bad on my current iems, can ANY TTPOD T1E owner take a minute and listen to this 2 minutes and tell me how the TTPOD handled with the harshness and violins in the first minute and the busy compressed part in the last 30 seconds? (notice the second track is higher volume than the first). Tell me if it was enjoyable.

LINK: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/75306379/file.html 
(click on "DOWNLOAD NOW" to get full quality).

THANK YOU
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #1,398 of 2,099
I made a short mix of 2 parts which sound really bad on my current iems, can ANY TTPOD T1E owner take a minute and listen to this 2 minutes and tell me how the TTPOD handled with the harshness and violins in the first minute and the busy compressed part in the last 30 seconds? (notice the second track is higher volume than the first). Tell me if it was enjoyable.

THANK YOU:D  

Well, iam not an audiophile, but my ttpods handled very well, listened at low and very high volume,
but didn't notice any harshness, it was very enjoyable.

Nice tracks btw.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,400 of 2,099
Dec 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #1,401 of 2,099

THANK YOU
biggrin.gif

What is this dude.... that sound file is of ridiculously low quality, amped up like there's no tomorrow and peaks clipped all over. Of course it's going to sound bad on any earphone. I wonder how 5ive managed to listen to it in 'Good quality' lol. Just open the file in Audacity and you'll realize.

For some real good test you may try downloading some FLAC file or WAV files. 

Give these tracks a try...

http://picosong.com/4Qf7
Sub bass... Lot Of (skip to 1:21)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9eh4acxalfalwuf/discrete+pulse%28extend%29.wav
This one is a complextro piece and sounds totally different with different earphones. See how your equipment handles this.

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #1,402 of 2,099
^dude, you can't judge any earphone by how it sounds with EDM or the xx...i have 3$ iem which sounds really good with that stuff.

Violins and busy orchestral parts are the real test.
I know the second track is over compressed (like a lot of commercially mastered OSTs these days) but both of those rips were 320kbps.

Anyways, i just ordered the clear blue ones and i feel kinda silly because i don't really need them.
Ordered them from DX so i hope i won't get a box of Chinese baby oil instead
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #1,403 of 2,099
I agree... all I care is that I find listening is fun with x earphones. Geeky stuff aside lol.. 

Cheers man, my clears will be here in come days as well. Never tried these before, just trusting the opinion of guys here (and the TTPODs look really cool). 

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #1,405 of 2,099
Well I finally received my TTPOD's.

Only spent about 30 minutes listening to these puppies so far but so far I'm very pleased.

It's nice to finally be able to listen to metal and rock again but also having the ability to listen to EDM.
My pair of Xba 3's which retailed at 300 usd sounded harsh and lacking in comparison to these...

My only gripe is the cable is really stiff, But who gives a crap! I'll suffer :)

Thanks Headfi!

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #1,406 of 2,099
  Well I finally received my TTPOD's.

Only spent about 30 minutes listening to these puppies so far but so far I'm very pleased.

It's nice to finally be able to listen to metal and rock again but also having the ability to listen to EDM.
My pair of Xba 3's which retailed at 300 usd sounded harsh and lacking in comparison to these...

My only gripe is the cable is really stiff, But who gives a crap! I'll suffer :)

Thanks Headfi!

Wow can't wait to know what you think after enough burn in. Do they sound better than the XBA-3s? I was so much thinking of getting XBA-3s but couldn't because of financial crunch but well if this is true then I'm more than happy. Still >week for my TTPODS to arrive, still in Singapore.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #1,407 of 2,099

Wow can't wait to know what you think after enough burn in. Do they sound better than the XBA-3s? I was so much thinking of getting XBA-3s but couldn't because of financial crunch but well if this is true then I'm more than happy. Still >week for my TTPODS to arrive, still in Singapore.

I'm not really a believer in burn in to be honest so I don't think they are going to sound any better. That said in my honest opinion these are much better in comparison to the XBA-3's. I bought a pair that were basically brand new for 75 usd which is an incredible price but even at 75 dollars they just can't perform the tricks these TTPODS can.

The treble on the XBA-3's made all my heavy metal useless and sound bloated. The metallic 'Tisk tisk tisk' in certain songs was enough to drive me through the roof. 
The bass was indeed nice on the XBA-3's but with the same source (Samsung S3) I felt they never got enough power or just seemed lacking in certain songs.
The fit on the XBA's was terrible, they felt heavy and I could never get a good seal even with all of the earbuds provided. 
The highs on the sonys were about 10% better than the TTPODS but with everything considered it's not really an issue.

These TTPODS on the other hand sound fantastic with EDM and heavy metal, no need to alter my EQ song after song. They fit really nicely with sony hybrid eartips though like I said the cable is a bit trash. The bass on these is enough to keep me happy, I think that's saying something considering my main overears are XB 500's. 

For 45 dollars is an absolute no brainer. Just get these and I promise you that you will be happy (Unless you get a defective pair). 

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #1,408 of 2,099

I'm not really a believer in burn in to be honest so I don't think they are going to sound any better. That said in my honest opinion these are much better in comparison to the XBA-3's. I bought a pair that were basically brand new for 75 usd which is an incredible price but even at 75 dollars they just can't perform the tricks these TTPODS can.

The treble on the XBA-3's made all my heavy metal useless and sound bloated. The metallic 'Tisk tisk tisk' in certain songs was enough to drive me through the roof. 
The bass was indeed nice on the XBA-3's but with the same source (Samsung S3) I felt they never got enough power or just seemed lacking in certain songs.
The fit on the XBA's was terrible, they felt heavy and I could never get a good seal even with all of the earbuds provided. 
The highs on the sonys were about 10% better than the TTPODS but with everything considered it's not really an issue.

These TTPODS on the other hand sound fantastic with EDM and heavy metal, no need to alter my EQ song after song. They fit really nicely with sony hybrid eartips though like I said the cable is a bit trash. The bass on these is enough to keep me happy, I think that's saying something considering my main overears are XB 500's. 

For 45 dollars is an absolute no brainer. Just get these and I promise you that you will be happy (Unless you get a defective pair). 

I kind of believe in Burn-in just because I've noticed it before. The difference it makes varies for every earphone though, made huge diff for CX300 but little in case of XB90EX.

Wow cool! That's really a great news to know. Better sound than XBA3 at such drop down price (got it for $34 in Black Friday Sale) is too good. Will order one more if this lives up to the hype : D
Thanks mate for confirmation.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,410 of 2,099

Users who are viewing this thread

Back