TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 27, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #1,381 of 2,099
Nope, send penon an email if you really are worried but I've written an email to penon about my tracking number not working and like 20 minutes later lo and be hold my package had already arrived in my mail box. They had given me an incorrect tracking number initially so everything got sorted pretty quickly.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,382 of 2,099
I forgot to post back here. Got mine a month or two ago ( don't remember) and am very happy with them. Best in ear headphones I've owned. I am pretty picky for an audiophile, but these little things pack a punch. They're very very comfortable, lightweight, and don't fall out of my ears. The wire on them is very strong, it's not going to be breaking anytime soon even if I were to not take care of them, which I will. 

The headphones themselves are very crisp in terms of vocals, got deep "boomy and slightly punchy bass", but is appropriate for other music as well without a ton of bass. They're great for electronic/trance music, dubstep, rap/r&b. That's where they really shine.

On the other hand, got some over the ear headphones as well, Sony MDR-950BT headphones, bluetooth. Extremely bassy as well if not more so than these headphones, bass boost is killer on those things. I'm very happy. The battery life on these cans is about 20 hours over bluetooth, and has a bass boost option which is VERY VERY strong. More so than beats, maybe not as crisp in vocals as them, but they're over bluetooth. They're insane. They're going for 100 right now during black friday sales, and are pretty new and already well reviewed. They're normally are around $200. I highly recommend them. And I'm picky about clarity and bass. (know this isn't related but a deal like this can't go unannounced :p )

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,383 of 2,099
Just received my T1E today and I must say it sure is a good sounding IEM for it's price. It's sounding good without any burn-in and I'm very thankful there's no built issues here.

Update: Just tried a couple of tips and found that the Sennheiser dual flange works best for me by taming the bass a tad but not sacrificing the slam.....sort of tighten it a wee bit and also bringing out some mid and high details too due to the slight cutback on the low end. Overall, it's sounding more balanced now. Soundstage is pretty good but not to Havi B3 Pro 1's level but better depth than the Havi. What a sweet surprise, this baby can sing.

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #1,384 of 2,099
i just got mines... out of the box are AWESOME.. im fan of Grados so i like alot details on songs that this earbuds bring but with a very nice bass. i recommend a player for android users thats called n7player, it has a preamp option to increase the volume and the earbuds gets alot better when its on high volume.

i switched tips for the wider open for more soundstage. im not sure if they will get any better with burn in time but right now i feel like it was an amazing purchase at 50$ on amazon.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,385 of 2,099
finally  got myself a pair =) nice box it came in but they looked they were packed in quite a rush. gonna compare them with the havi b3 pro 1 and the vsonic vsd3s in the coming weeks after my review.

loved the purple/pink i got em in though, who else is with me?

Nov 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,386 of 2,099
So, question from me. Because of the TTOPD hype Ive been looking at an upgrade for my phones. I need your help really.
I understood the TTPODs dont have my sound preference (I like airy, natural sound for classical music) and several members recommended the Soundmagic E30. Which I almost bought, just not yet.

What are your recommendations?

I understand too the TTPODs have a SQ that is much higher than its price suggests ($25 at DX?) and that the Soundmagic E30 is one of the best in its price ($35). As a student I cannot spend my money twice and $25 is really already a lot for me so thats why I am not sure which to buy. The TTPODs are great for House, EDM and so arent they? Dont listen them that often. Yes it's important to have the sound you like, but after all you too want the best SQ for the money. How do the TTPODs do classical and how do they compare to for instance the Soundmagics (or Monoprices if you have them too)?

Still leaning to the SME30s though, many positive reviews and you Head-fiers have been recommending them to me, also the build quality of the TTPODs seem to be not that great...

EDIT
My bad DX sells them for $35, thought I'd read 25 somewhere...

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #1,387 of 2,099
Bought one of these babies from Aliexpress after discovering this thread. Out of the box, I can say that they sound miles better than my (Viper4Android DDC corrected) JVC FX101's.  Soundstage is nice and wide and bass is great! Surprisingly comfortable fit considering the size. Only gripe is the slightly stiff cable but I reckon it will ease up with use.

Can't post any photos yet but I bought the clear grey one. The provided grey tips are also fantastic.

My source device is a Samsung Note 3 and Viper4Android processing. All I run is a "gentle" 6db boost from 60hz down and it sounds smooth down to 20hz! 

If in doubt, just buy :)

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,389 of 2,099
Is anyone aware of fakes being made for the T1E or the T1S?
I want to know if i should be alarmed by low prices on these...

No fakes yet I don't think. But I probably would stay away from sellers below $25 or maybe $30 if you're shopping Aliexpress. For example Amazon, Penonaudio, LMUE, and Shenzhenaudio are all safe bets for the TTPOD. DX, maybe.
$35 at Shenzhenaudio is a really good deal for these imho!

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #1,390 of 2,099
Quote:
  hey everyone,
I didn't see a deals thread/forum anywhere
just wanted to let you all know
dealextreme has a $10 off $30 code for black friday (limited quantities remain ~500 at time of posting, although they release 3,000 codes per day so check back tomorrow if they are gone!)
http://www.dx.com/Event/2014blackfriday/index?utm_source=dx&utm_medium=homerotate&utm_campagin=EN2014blackfridaygc
they sell the TTPOD T1-E for $35 w/ free shipping (although takes a few weeks)
http://www.dx.com/s/ttpod
with this code you this is the definitely the cheapest price ($25) I've seen!
I've been reading through this thread, and noted that some of you mentioned the T1-E isn't really bass heavy (not a basshead) but rather bass quality
so I'm debating buying this or the JVC HA-FR46 or Philips TX2 (both also available at dealextreme around $35)
I started another thread in the recommendation/help forum http://www.head-fi.org/t/743934/approx-30-headphones-3-choices-need-help
if you guys could share your thoughts there, would be much appreciated!

hope this was helpful!

Thanks it works!
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #1,391 of 2,099
wow 25$ is really good! but i'm scared these will have harsh hi-mids and highs
confused.gif

Maybe i should wait for the VSD5?

such confusion
blink.gif

and also: where do you enter the coupon code in dx? (paypal checkout).

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #1,392 of 2,099
  wow 25$ is really good! but i'm scared these will have harsh hi-mids and highs
confused.gif

Maybe i should wait for the VSD5?

such confusion
blink.gif

and also: where do you enter the coupon code in dx? (paypal checkout).

do regular checkout first,
apply the gift card code (near the bottom)
and then choose paypal as your payment method (it will list various options visa/mastercard/etc and paypal)

decide quick its ending soon!
i ordered it... for $25 not too much of an investment to try, not sure about the harsh mid/highs? have people mentioned that in this thread? mostly read its quite warm sound.

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,393 of 2,099
  do regular checkout first,
apply the gift card code (near the bottom)
and then choose paypal as your payment method (it will list various options visa/mastercard/etc and paypal)

decide quick its ending soon!
i ordered it... for $25 not too much of an investment to try, not sure about the harsh mid/highs? have people mentioned that in this thread? mostly read its quite warm sound.

If I can listen to them for an or more straight without feeling pain or fatigue then that means it isn't harsh right?

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #1,394 of 2,099
After some research finally I ordered TTPOD T1E from Shenzhenzaudio. Can't wait for my new earphones to arrive!!!

I am new to Head-Fi and all the past purchases I've made were just based on CNet reviews and stuff. Can someone pls elaborate me whether I'm really 'Upgrading', or it's not the case? Currently I own

- Klipsch Reference S4 In-ears
- Sennheiser CX300 II
- Sony XB90EX

??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back