TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Oct 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #962 of 2,099
From what I've read, I understand these don't have huge, basshead type bass but how well does the bass scale with an amp? More specifically does the quality, tightness and extension remain but have greater impact?

Also what is the sound leakage like on these, once you have a good seal?

Thanks

I'd like to know this as well :wink:
The bass is already super tight but more quantity would definitely satisfy bassheads

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #963 of 2,099
From what I've read, I understand these don't have huge, basshead type bass but how well does the bass scale with an amp? More specifically does the quality, tightness and extension remain but have greater impact?

Also what is the sound leakage like on these, once you have a good seal?

Thanks

Imo these do have big type bass(but not quite bass head levels) that is super quality as well as great in quantity(hence the big).
They do scale with an amp to my ears, but not as much as something like the Havi B3 Pro 1. They handle a clean bass boost quite nicely, but only for certain songs because otherwise it is too much to my ears.

If you have light bass with these. It is most likely seal. These iems do not really change or magically transform with burn-in, but rather surprise out of box. Hisoundfi and I can testify.

People who are getting mediocre bass quantity(though everyone's ears, prior experiences, impressions, and tastes are different) should fiddle with fit to find the optimum--help can be found in my post in signature--and/or most importantly tip roll!

I'd like to know this as well :wink:
The bass is already super tight but more quantity would definitely satisfy bassheads

They bass tightens up a little further and keeps it's awesome extension, control, and impact to my ears with the Topping NX1. Will not satisfy bassheads unless you probably bought a Fiio E11K and flipped the bass boost to 1 or 2.

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #964 of 2,099
the t1e with my e11 with bass boost on 2 is PLENTY of bass imo.  if that's not enough bass, then you need to get some beats or something....or some sony xb's that cater specifically to bass.  i consider myself somewhat of a basshead and i think without an amp there is still plenty of bass if you're listening to bass heavy music.  it's not going to tickle your eardrums like an over ear closed headphone if that's what you're expecting.  i just dont think the small drivers can move the air to produce that effect

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #965 of 2,099
These iems do not really change or magically transform with burn-in, but rather surprise out of box. Hisoundfi and I can testify.

I respectfully disagree. I use the same process to evaluate all new phones. Always using the same 24/96 album, I first listen for a few minutes with familiar phones (598, k240m, momentum) to establish a mental reference point. I then switch to the new phones (proper tips already selected). After a few minutes of acclimating I (dare I say it) EQ to taste :eek:. I'll then bypass the eq, refer back to my familiar phones and repeat. Once I'm happy by comparison I save the EQ setting and dig in for a long and varied listening session. After a few hours or days or whatever, I flatten the eq and do it all again. I now have an A/B EQ comparison. The difference (allowing some for perception variation or fatigue) is a representation of burn-in. It's not scientific but it's repeatable and more reliable than memory.
That being said, on my familiar reference album, my T1E started with significant sibilance and harsh cymbals requiring a gentle cut at 4k and a little more at 8k. The vocals were a little thin needing a mild boost at 125hz. For full, rich bass guitar (both electric and acoustic) and solid kick drum I made generous boosts at 64hz and 32hz.
After a couple of hours of listening and an hour or so of pink noise while I took a break and had dinner, I returned to my reference album. Now the bass was bloated. I flattened the EQ and repeated my process. I was happy to find the sibilance and harshness was gone and the vocals were full and natural. The only EQ I felt the need for now was lesser amounts of 64hz and 32hz boost. I am a mild, pseudo sub-basshead. I'm now 50+ hours in with these and I'm very impressed!
I know lots of purists gasp at thought of EQ. FWIW I'm a 20+ year studio engineer and I believe in EQ. No 2 albums are the same. They are recorded, mixed and mastered by different people with different ears in different rooms on infinite combinations of equipment and played back on infinite combinations of gear. The quest for a perfect system is futile. There is no perfection. Tweak away I say!

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #966 of 2,099
I respectfully disagree. I use the same process to evaluate all new phones. Always using the same 24/96 album, I first listen for a few minutes with familiar phones (598, k240m, momentum) to establish a mental reference point. I then switch to the new phones (proper tips already selected). After a few minutes of acclimating I (dare I say it) EQ to taste :eek:. I'll then bypass the eq, refer back to my familiar phones and repeat. Once I'm happy by comparison I save the EQ setting and dig in for a long and varied listening session. After a few hours or days or whatever, I flatten the eq and do it all again. I now have an A/B EQ comparison. The difference (allowing some for perception variation or fatigue) is a representation of burn-in. It's not scientific but it's repeatable and more reliable than memory.
That being said, on my familiar reference album, my T1E started with significant sibilance and harsh cymbals requiring a gentle cut at 4k and a little more at 8k. The vocals were a little thin needing a mild boost at 125hz. For full, rich bass guitar (both electric and acoustic) and solid kick drum I made generous boosts at 64hz and 32hz.
After a couple of hours of listening and an hour or so of pink noise while I took a break and had dinner, I returned to my reference album. Now the bass was bloated. I flattened the EQ and repeated my process. I was happy to find the sibilance and harshness was gone and the vocals were full and natural. The only EQ I felt the need for now was lesser amounts of 64hz and 32hz boost. I am a mild, pseudo sub-basshead. I'm now 50+ hours in with these and I'm very impressed!
I know lots of purists gasp at thought of EQ. FWIW I'm a 20+ year studio engineer and I believe in EQ. No 2 albums are the same. They are recorded, mixed and mastered by different people with different ears in different rooms on infinite combinations of equipment and played back on infinite combinations of gear. The quest for a perfect system is futile. There is no perfection. Tweak away I say!

Good for you man! I'm glad you thoroughly enjoying them like I am :beerchug:

My opinion is not proven fact by scientific experimentation or the end all be all or anything. That's part of the reason people add this to their posts and I choose to do so too: "(though everyone's ears, prior experiences, impressions, and tastes are different)"
which you touched on with eq and ears.

This leaves a big influence upon everything imo. And people have a lot more attuned and experienced ears than I do I am sure. The highs might be smoothed out just a hair since I got them 2 months and 4 days ago, but only just to my ears. The bass hasn't changed much for me, if at all. Hasn't magically grown into this monster. I was referring to the prospect of and addressing big sig changes, not little ones and tweaks with an EQ as you say but to each his own.

This doesn't change as much with burn-in as the Havi B3 Pro 1 IMHO. And I'm sure something like the DGS100 and other Sidy's change a lot more as well.

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #967 of 2,099
Thanks for the feedback guys. So I guess an amp will help with the bass impact and still retain the quality and extension. I plan to drive these through an E18. I am currently rocking a pair of Klipsch X10s which are nice and bassy and scale reasonably well with the amp but it doesn't take long for the single BA driver to show its limits and distort!

I am undecided whether to get these or the new sennheiser momentum in ears.
I don't mind paying the extra for the momentums as they look cooler IMO and also more comfortable due to the smaller form factor. However you guys have been saying time and again in this thread how comfortable the T1Es are.

Decisions, decisions.....

I guess for me personally it would come down to sound leakage from the earphone since I will be using them at work. Can anyone give any feedback on how much (if anything) the T1Es leak sound?

Oh and by the way I also subscribe to EQing as I listen to EDM (DnB and Deep House primarily) and find that no 2 DJs will master/record/mix albums and mixsets in the same way with the same equipment, despite most of my files being 320kbps mp3. So I reckon a little bit of eq here and there can help. :)

Cheers

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #968 of 2,099
Can someone please share some pictures of your equalizer settings? I'm new with amping and I don't know how to adjust frequency(Correct me if I'm wrong with my term"Frequency") I don't even know what those numbers are(from 31 to 16k). All I know is it will enhance the sound from device to IEM. I have a T1E comming next week and I want it to sounds good when i plug it in the first time in my device. BTW I'm using a registered PowerAmp from googleplaystore. Thanks in advance. 

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #969 of 2,099
I use poweramp myself when listening on my Sony z1c :)
My settings are shown in the pic below.

Basically the numbers along the bottom are the frequency that will be affected by moving the slider up or down in order to boost or cut respectively, that part of the frequency spectrum.

So going from my example I have cut around 125hz to 250hz to reduce any mid bass bloat, and then around 8k to reduce the lower treble as I'm very sensitive to that part of treble. I'm no expert but I think that's the area that people refer to as being sibilant when it is too prominent.

Of course the eq will vary for you as everyone has different ears, equipment and files to play from.
As a reference I listen to mostly edm from 320kbps mp3s, but as they say ymmv.

Again I'm no expert and I'm open to any suggestions regarding my technique.

Hope this helps! :)

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #970 of 2,099
hi my friends! i just immigrated over here from the vsonic vsd3/vsd3s thread

one of the viewers on my youtube channel told me to check these guys out! now after some searching i would like to ask for a question any owners of the vsd3/ vsd3s owners out there.

it seems from what i'm reading the ttpod 1- is more similar to the vsd3 (where the sound signature is on the more energetic side)

while the ttpod 1e- is like the vsd3s (where there is more bass, and i guess smoother in a sense as well) 

if i'm wrong feel free to correct me! these look intriguing and i'm digging the colours and the design of these guys!

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #971 of 2,099
twister6 did a review on these and nailed it.

They are L shaped and have some of the most impressive and high quality bass you will hear in an IEM. Bass is above neutral, but is well textured and extends low as can go with good tone. It is fast in response also.

Mids have great imaging and are very energetic.

Treble is better than average and doesn't get as bright as the vsd3s IMHO.

It's a fatigue free sound you can listen to for hours. The biggest challenge with these is finding the right tip. Once that is done listening to them is a joy

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #972 of 2,099
I use poweramp myself when listening on my Sony z1c
smily_headphones1.gif

My settings are shown in the pic below.

Basically the numbers along the bottom are the frequency that will be affected by moving the slider up or down in order to boost or cut respectively, that part of the frequency spectrum.

So going from my example I have cut around 125hz to 250hz to reduce any mid bass bloat, and then around 8k to reduce the lower treble as I'm very sensitive to that part of treble. I'm no expert but I think that's the area that people refer to as being sibilant when it is too prominent.

Of course the eq will vary for you as everyone has different ears, equipment and files to play from.
As a reference I listen to mostly edm from 320kbps mp3s, but as they say ymmv.

Again I'm no expert and I'm open to any suggestions regarding my technique.

Hope this helps!
smily_headphones1.gif

This is very helpful. Thanks for the info. Can I get your permission to use this equalizer settings in my phone? :D please?

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #974 of 2,099
This is very helpful. Thanks for the info. Can I get your permission to use this equalizer settings in my phone? :D please?

No problem at all mate. Yes of course you can use it but this is used for my klipsch X10s and as I said before you may be adjusting it to suit your preferences. Also as someone stated before its best to start with a flat eq, or eq off when you first get a headphone to get a feel for its initial signature. Then eq to your preference but bear in mind that this may change over time due to physical/brain burn in.

Surprised to see peeps Eq-ing out mid-bass on these...

Tom22: I haven't heard T1 but would be surprised if it was like VSD3 vs VSD3S. I own those and T1-E, and from what I've read T1 vs. T1-E is a much bigger difference.

Just to clarify I don't have the T1E yet, this eq I posted is used for my current rig which is sony Z1c -> E18 -> Klipsch X10

Even if someone had the same rig as me may have a different eq due to differing personal tastes, ears, files used etc.

Cheers

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #975 of 2,099
Good for you man! I'm glad you thoroughly enjoying them like I am :beerchug:

This doesn't change as much with burn-in as the Havi B3 Pro 1 IMHO. And I'm sure something like the DGS100 and other Sidy's change a lot more as well.

How would you rate the Havi B3 Pro 1 against the T1E?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back