TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Sep 7, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #631 of 2,099
  Ah, foam tips are a good explanation for that. I figured you were talking stock vs stock.

I was a strong believer in UE900 tips and hybrid (a'la Sony style) tips.  But these new Chinese foam tips are truly amazing.  Found them included with VSonic and Sidy DGS100 headphones.  Unlike Comply tips, these are softer and has less memory effect so they settle in your ear canal faster, you get deeper bass and smoother highs.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #632 of 2,099
I agree with you that both are great options.

What I don't get is everybody saying the highs on the vsd3s being more harsh than on the t1e, more sparkle yes but I find them to be on par on harshness (and I hear very little of it on both).

I'm using JVC spiral dots on my vsd3s and it would be interesting to hear if someone else usese them as well and in that case if they find the highs harsh.

Anyone?

I am just speculating Peter123 :) You guys have the experience. Just trying to help the dude! I am a bit of an information whore... sorry to use that word tho. But of course, ears and hearing are the truth, which you and Twister have in your favor.

Vsonic's house sound tends to be fairly bright/hot but balanced from what I have gathered over time. Brightness and sparkle bring more harshness at higher volumes for me. And I can listen to the T1-E fairly loud...
So therefore, I deduce it has a little more sparkle and upper brightness emphasis. The T1-E is a great balance of competent-ness and fun to me. I assume VSD3(S) are very similar in that regard. Also, twister noted the VSD3 is more natural. And people have said the highs seem somewhat artificially extended on the VSD3S.

Everything regarding harsher and less natural treble and less aggressive bass of VSD3S has been fixed in VSD3.  VSD3 bass is fast and strong, but not a match for T1E which might be a bit too much for some.  I think his decision should be more between VSD3 and T1E where VSD3 will have a more universal fitment.  Though I have no issues with T1E and found them to fit me comfortably, those might not be everyone's cup of tea.  Plus, VSD3 has removable cable, though their own proprietary mmcx connector.

Yeah, he also needs to factor outer ear size in his decision as the VSD3(S) are rather large I've heard. Huh, I would guess the T1-E fit easier for most even if it is not as conventional as the Vsonic. Though both should work well for most in this regard I'd imagine!

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #633 of 2,099
I am just speculating Peter123 :) You guys have the experience. Just trying to help the dude! I am a bit of an information whore... sorry to use that word tho. But of course, ears and hearing are the truth, which you and Twister have in your favor.

Vsonic's house sound tends to be fairly bright/hot but balanced from what I have gathered over time. Brightness and sparkle bring more harshness at higher volumes for me. And I can listen to the T1-E fairly loud...
So therefore, I deduce it has a little more sparkle and upper brightness emphasis. The T1-E is a great balance of competent-ness and fun to me. I assume VSD3(S) are very similar in that regard. Also, twister noted the VSD3 is more natural. And people have said the highs seem somewhat artificially extended on the VSD3S.

No problem my friend I've just seen a lot of people saying the same and that makes me think that I've either found the perfect tips for the vsd3s or I need to keep looking for one for the t1e :)

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #634 of 2,099
I was looking at these IEMs after a recommendation. I listen to a lot of acoustic and blues rock so mids and treble are extremely important to me as are pronounced vocals. Bass isn't as important as I dont listen to much EDM or hip hop. How do these compare to other iems like the gr06/e30 or even more expensive ones like the gr07

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #635 of 2,099
No problem my friend I've just seen a lot of people saying the same and that makes me think that I've either found the perfect tips for the vsd3s or I need to keep looking for one for the t1e :)
T1E is probably the most tip dependant iems I've ever had, they impact the sound tremendously.

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #636 of 2,099
I'm still torn on if I should get the groovy jetpack.  I wonder if I might run into a little bit of conflict due to me already having the VSD3.  I'm not quite sure how close the two are together.  I know the T1E will be bassier, other than that I don't know if they're similar enough in quality it might be a waste to have both.

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #637 of 2,099
I'm still torn on if I should get the groovy jetpack.  I wonder if I might run into a little bit of conflict due to me already having the VSD3.  I'm not quite sure how close the two are together.  I know the T1E will be bassier, other than that I don't know if they're similar enough in quality it might be a waste to have both.
these are great, one of my all time favorites. I prefer the t1e over the VSD3S, and haven't heard the vsd3. I would jump up to the DGS100. What you're reading is only the beginning of the hype train on these. Once others get them you will see other impressions confirm the sq of these. These DGS100 are a game changer for sure.

I love the t1e, and I highly recommend it, but the DGS100 is a direct upgrade from them.

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #638 of 2,099
My main goal would be an awesome value beater, seeing that I'm loving my new IEM I just got in 2 days ago, it suits me quite nicely.  But then again, I think the DGS100 is what, only $35 or so more than the T1E?

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #639 of 2,099
My main goal would be an awesome value beater, seeing that I'm loving my new IEM I just got in 2 days ago, it suits me quite nicely.  But then again, I think the DGS100 is what, only $35 or so more than the T1E?
It's $80 usd shipped from penonaudio.com.

Either one is a winner.

Get both! Muahahaha

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #640 of 2,099
Hmm, I might wait on it just to see if the VSD5 is released this month like the rumors say.  Good to know I have at least 2 good options for toys so far.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #641 of 2,099
Hmm, I might wait on it just to see if the VSD5 is released this month like the rumors say.  Good to know I have at least 2 good options for toys so far.

VSD5 you say?

aww-yea.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #642 of 2,099
VSD5!!!!!

Well, anyway, thanks for the replies so far. I'm leaning more to T1E. Hearing about how large the VSD3 are... methinks it might turn out too large for my ears. The connecting cable of the VSD3, is that an advantage at all?

Well, since I'm leaning towards TE1, now is the matter of colour! Hm, clear, red or purple... is the red really striking in person? I wanna go different for once from the black I usually get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back