TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Jan 5, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,696 of 2,099
Thought this thread needs little tap from hibernation mode.....:wink:

T2 available from PA.......

http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T2?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,697 of 2,099
I ended up selling my T1-E.  While it was not a bad sounding earphone, I just never liked the signature.  The mids were too recessed for my liking.  I thought the speed was very good and very quick.  The bass was very well tamed with a nice quality to it.

I also got the worst static on low volumes which I never had happen with any of my other earphones.  

I replaced my TE-1 with the Soundsoul S-018 and have not looked back.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,699 of 2,099
Love you too Penguin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha!  Hopefully you will like them!   
redface.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,700 of 2,099
  I ended up selling my T1-E.  While it was not a bad sounding earphone, I just never liked the signature.  The mids were too recessed for my liking.  I thought the speed was very good and very quick.  The bass was very well tamed with a nice quality to it.

I also got the worst static on low volumes which I never had happen with any of my other earphones.  

I replaced my TE-1 with the Soundsoul S-018 and have not looked back.

those soundsoul look like knockoff wooduo2.  i had the wooduo2 and really disliked them.  so much disappoint :frowning2:

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #1,701 of 2,099
Just giving some feedback on the TTPOD T1Es (right out of the box)

Before I express my opinion, I would like to preface with a little background of what I listen to, just to give a sense of who would like it.

Genres: Orchestral, EDM, Metal
Previously Owned: Westone W3, Shure se215, Klipsch S4 (the only significant ones, not the $5 ones I bugged my mom to buy at the supermarket when I was younger that actually werent terrible)

Since I am no reviewer, I'll make it nice and quick.

Out of the box: meh
After Tip Rolling: Not bad!
After finding the best tip (for me, large small bore ones that enhance bass): WOOT

I have no clue what missing midband people are talking about.

Sub bass - Bass is very deep extending, moderately high impact (Test track: Dark Ages by Two Steps From Hell)
Bass - Nice kick, as people earlier said, very very high quality bass.
Mids - Not too experienced with mids, but female vocals are ever so slightly recessed if at all
Highs - Highs are very well defined, no complaints here

Basically, the music comes together in a very fun way. NOT for bassheads, but for people who can appreciate the full impact of the spectrum of sounds.

Compared to the W3s:
W3s had the full range covered, and were very detailed. However, I felt like I was dissecting the music, and I did not really find them fun. Good for partially bass heavy BA IEMs. T1Es are FAR more enjoyable.

Shures were ok, but lack of detail and absolutely 0 sub-bass rumble whatsoever made it very dull to listen to. I enjoyed $15 iems from CVS more than those. Anyways, T1Es again sounded more fun.

TL;DR
TTpods T1E don't excel in any one area, but rather form a cohesive entity that works beautifully with any genre. I prefer music with actual substance, and these definitely have it with the full and HQ bass, vs BA style musical dissection.

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #1,702 of 2,099
Just giving some feedback on the TTPOD T1Es (right out of the box)

Before I express my opinion, I would like to preface with a little background of what I listen to, just to give a sense of who would like it.

Genres: Orchestral, EDM, Metal
Previously Owned: Westone W3, Shure se215, Klipsch S4 (the only significant ones, not the $5 ones I bugged my mom to buy at the supermarket when I was younger that actually werent terrible)

Since I am no reviewer, I'll make it nice and quick.

Out of the box: meh
After Tip Rolling: Not bad!
After finding the best tip (for me, large small bore ones that enhance bass): WOOT

I have no clue what missing midband people are talking about.

Sub bass - Bass is very deep extending, moderately high impact (Test track: Dark Ages by Two Steps From Hell)
Bass - Nice kick, as people earlier said, very very high quality bass.
Mids - Not too experienced with mids, but female vocals are ever so slightly recessed if at all
Highs - Highs are very well defined, no complaints here

Basically, the music comes together in a very fun way. NOT for bassheads, but for people who can appreciate the full impact of the spectrum of sounds.

Compared to the W3s:
W3s had the full range covered, and were very detailed. However, I felt like I was dissecting the music, and I did not really find them fun. Good for partially bass heavy BA IEMs. T1Es are FAR more enjoyable.

Shures were ok, but lack of detail and absolutely 0 sub-bass rumble whatsoever made it very dull to listen to. I enjoyed $15 iems from CVS more than those. Anyways, T1Es again sounded more fun.

TL;DR
TTpods T1E don't excel in any one area, but rather form a cohesive entity that works beautifully with any genre. I prefer music with actual substance, and these definitely have it with the full and HQ bass, vs BA style musical dissection.

Very good review actually. I have T1E and everything you have written matches with my impression of T1E. Being a basshead I approve that though the bass is good, it's still a bit less for my liking. I love T1Es though overall. As you've mentioned T1E doesn't excel at anything. Like I can claim of exceptional mids on my Tenores and amazing soundstage on Havi B3P1s I can't specifically explain T1Es in one term. 

I use T1Es mostly during my daily commute. Good sound quality is obviously here but added sturdy build means I can flaunt these in my crowded train in wee hours.

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,703 of 2,099
  sadly you wouldn't believe it but i did! included from my havi b3 pro 1s 

i've tried every eartips i have in my collection thats even remotely close to my size. (i'm usually a medium, i hover to a small every now and then)

only 3 fit me without the housing rubbing against my ear 

the brainwavz s0 (mediums, which should really be labeled as Medium-Large)
the jvc xplosives medium (with some foam inserts underneath)
the hifiman (singe/ almost biflange looking) mediums

but the best fit was the brainwavz s0s. 

then nozzle is really too short for this housing size, at least for my ears. i hope this problem doesn't translate over to the T2s that everyones hyping at the moment

Having same dilemma. Large diameter but short nozzle + large/heavy body making for frustrating fit. I'm going to dig up some threads on nozzle extension mods and I have some Radians custom mold earplugs I may play around with.

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #1,704 of 2,099

Having same dilemma. Large diameter but short nozzle + large/heavy body making for frustrating fit. I'm going to dig up some threads on nozzle extension mods and I have some Radians custom mold earplugs I may play around with.

i tried those radian custom molds on a different earphone it would only work f the nozzle is longer, sadly the ttpods would be too short for me to try that ( i tried taking off the eartip and the edges of the nozzle would rubb against my ear to no end!

personally i think the only suggestion i can give you is to try longer tips ( another tip i found out worked are the brainwavz triple flange (goes it really deep) not the most comfortable but it solves the short nozzle issue

or go bigger eartips (if your use to mediums try larges) i never thought i would fit larges but i guess that day has come

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #1,705 of 2,099
Very good review actually. I have T1E and everything you have written matches with my impression of T1E. Being a basshead I approve that though the bass is good, it's still a bit less for my liking. I love T1Es though overall. As you've mentioned T1E doesn't excel at anything. Like I can claim of exceptional mids on my Tenores and amazing soundstage on Havi B3P1s I can't specifically explain T1Es in one term. 

I use T1Es mostly during my daily commute. Good sound quality is obviously here but added sturdy build means I can flaunt these in my crowded train in wee hours.

Sounds like we perhaps might be interested in the same sound signature! I do agree with you that they could have more bass, if anything at all.

I got these as temporaries though, currently considering earphones that nobody knows about for a $200 budget, which I will post about once I lose noob status on Head Fi :)

But for $50? Excellent deal!

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #1,706 of 2,099
Sounds like we perhaps might be interested in the same sound signature! I do agree with you that they could have more bass, if anything at all.

I got these as temporaries though, currently considering earphones that nobody knows about for a $200 budget, which I will post about once I lose noob status on Head Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

But for $50? Excellent deal!

Haha yeah... which earphone matches to your preferred sound signature without EQing? Mine is KZ EDSE lol... just discovered this a few days back.

Oh yes I agree, T1E is an excellent deal, no doubts. Plus it has the looks as well. (Thought seen people making extreme comments. Some say it looks amazing while some dislike the looks)

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #1,707 of 2,099
Found these searching for ear tips on Amazon. Probably great for isolation but not sure about the seal http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KV02Q4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_am_wp_am_us?ie=UTF8

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,709 of 2,099
Haha yeah... which earphone matches to your preferred sound signature without EQing? Mine is KZ EDSE lol... just discovered this a few days back.

Oh yes I agree, T1E is an excellent deal, no doubts. Plus it has the looks as well. (Thought seen people making extreme comments. Some say it looks amazing while some dislike the looks)

Honestly, idk! All iems I have tried have resulted in one part of the sound being excellent, while another part sounds bad. I don't have quite enough experience to determine the shape, but probably a FR of elevated sub bass with a mid bass hump and the rest flat would probably be good...i think...

Im looking at the ATH CKR series atm, heard good things about em!

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #1,710 of 2,099
T1E only at $32 here!  http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ttpod-t1-e-high-definition-dual-dynamic-professional-in-ear-headphones-earphones.html

Honestly, idk! All iems I have tried have resulted in one part of the sound being excellent, while another part sounds bad. I don't have quite enough experience to determine the shape, but probably a FR of elevated sub bass with a mid bass hump and the rest flat would probably be good...i think...

Im looking at the ATH CKR series atm, heard good things about em!

Yeah you  are right. And that results into genre-specific sound. I love different earphones for different kind of music. Well that's natural and makes sense. Lol my sense of shape and audiophilic terms might be the weakest here xD

Oh look out for Duoza. Twister (@twister6 ) claims it to be better than CKR10. And considering its price (which has now dropped to 9800 Japanese Yen) it's a best deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back