Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K
Oct 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #17 of 22
You will not regret your decision, but keep in mind that your brain is going to need a week or more of listening to adjust its filter to the new sound signature.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 22
LOL im not very sure about the HD600 yet... I rly like some bass and im afraid of the neutrality of the Sennheisers.
At the same time, i read someting about the piercing highs of the HE400, and im a little sensitive to that.

Well, i think i made the correct choice for my taste. The only problem now is ill have to w8 until day29, when my familiars come to Brazil and bring my new equipaments.

Ty to all again...

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #19 of 22
The highs of the HE-400 aren't bad if you use EQ. Without EQ, they are on the harsh side, but they can be mellowed out easily. I haven't heard the HD600, but the HE-400 have excellent bass. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 22
Hello for everyone!
Im from Brazil, so sry for my bad english.

Im trying to decide among all these headphones, but i rly cant decide...
I already have a ATH-M50 and a Vmoda M100 and im trying to buy a more detailed headphone for my genre of music.
I listen most metal/Gothic/Rock, and sometimes nu-metal and hiphop.
Bands like: Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacrimosa, Haggard, Theatre of Tragedy, As i Lay Dying, Paramore, Rihanna, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, and others.
The only thing i know is ill problaby buy a Fiio E17 and, if necessary, a Fiio E9K.
Do you think the HE400 is good for metal with female vocals? Or the HD600 would be preferable? And about HE500/HD650?
i rly would apreciate any help with this... Any suggestion would be pleased! I already read all reviews from all these and cant decide! LOL
What would be the best set for metal and gothic female music?
HD600 + Fiio E17 + Fiio E9K
HE400 + Fiio E17
i cant spend more than $ 700 in all set (amp/dac + HP) and must be not to big (preference portable one or little amp like E9K).

Ty to all!!!!
oi meu amigo
Estas bem? O tempo esta ainda optimo?

Falar de um headphone..

Eu advisava o he500 com o emotiva (speaker amp)..e um bocadinho acima teu budgetto ... But u wont regret it!
Ate podias comprar um he500 de segunda mao....

Eu vi alguns no confidendentials para vender... O he400 e fraco com hardrock e metallica..ficas com doer na cabeca depois usar of he400 algumas horas..

Bom sorte meu amigo!
Back to english again :wink:

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #22 of 22
If possible try to listen to them before.

For me, the HE-400 is less natural and at some times it bothers me, but the overall detail beats the HD600 (in my book), so I went for the HE-400 + asgard.

The Dac is not that huge of an impact in my book. Im actually getting the HD800 as a chrismas gift for myself even before a DAC (probably uber bifrost or similary priced).

Fiio E17 is definitly awsome for the price (i have it and i use it as portable amp for the HE-400), however i didnt like the E9K at all.

Compared to the asgard and even to the fiio E17 alone it felt extreamly analitycal, and very harsh with the HE-400 (I returned it the next day to the store and bought the asgard).

The only problem is that if you cant test it yourself, you might not like exactly what others do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back