Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Feb 14, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #781 of 1,725
It's all good, many men take their headphones very seriously.

Here is my hot take: I think Olina BEATS O2. Im seriously holding myself back from turning into a massive shill. Since I make no money on this, I can at least give my true opinion.
Fit looks better and using the same driver means, choose your preferred fit and tuning. This difference would be less qualitative than it is quantitate/preference.

Feb 14, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #782 of 1,725
@redrol and @nymz I'm interested in both your thoughts on the DM vs Olina. DMs tuning looks spot on for my tastes. How does the Olina stack up against it?

Appreciate your thoughts! :)

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #783 of 1,725
@redrol and @nymz I'm interested in both your thoughts on the DM vs Olina. DMs tuning looks spot on for my tastes. How does the Olina stack up against it?

Appreciate your thoughts! :)

Olina does stuff that I love on DM, but they are in different leagues. One could argue it resembles DM, but it's not as good. It gives me the impression of a mini DM in stuff like: Left/right pans, dynamics, stage presentation, etc.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #785 of 1,725
Olina does stuff that I love on DM, but they are in different leagues. One could argue it resembles DM, but it's not as good. It gives me the impression of a mini DM in stuff like: Left/right pans, dynamics, stage presentation, etc.

Yeah what comes to mind is a sort of mini DM. Sounds crazy but the 3D imaging is definitely in that style.

Appreciate the insight, thanks! I think I better hold out and just get the DM soon. :)

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #786 of 1,725

Here is my hot take: I think Olina BEATS O2. Im seriously holding myself back from turning into a massive shill. Since I make no money on this, I can at least give my true opinion.
Haha bold claims! Excited for your in-depth review soon, although it's a pity you don't have the O2 anymore.

@nymz it's up to you now to release your review!

Feb 14, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #788 of 1,725
jsmiller58 wrote "You might be taken more seriously if ....hyperventilate..."

sometimes people post not to be taken seriously, but just to express themselves... and to VENT! whatever, it's a discussion board and you are correct that most wont take such posts seriously based on context and facts (not) presented. But I am sure DIALOGUE feels better after getting that off his/her chest.
True, very true! But this is a forum to share experiences, trade knowledge, get ideas, seek advice, and probably not so much about therapy 😀…. Multiple posts passionately expressing how product X cannot possibly compare to product Y even though the individual expressing the opinion hasn’t heard the product in question really doesn’t help anyone, other than possibly helping the person expressing themselves feel better.

Anyway, in the end I hope @dialogue (and everyone else) finds what they are looking for on their audio journey!

Feb 14, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #789 of 1,725

The Olina beats the O2 in what way(s) for you? No offense but I am skeptical 🤨 of the Olina objectively curb stomping the O2. If it is due to preferred sound signatures and fit, well those are so unique that anything goes.

Feb 15, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #790 of 1,725

I hope soon i can recieve Olina.

I already give my money. PO. And i'm sure they are smile with my money.

CANT WAIT TO GET OLINA IN MY HAND !!!

And i hope when i i recieved it, Olina can make me smile too !!

I expect I wish, good feedback too, Olina can make me smile.

What can make me smile ?

Good question, i proud for u to ask this.

So, with my money, and my ears. Im very high expectation, for technicallity, in range price ofc. 100 usd

I not expect technicallity like hana 2021, or oxy.
Like i said before just BS joke if i do that !!

I dont expect Olina like that, this just cheap iem 100 usd. No reason for me to expect technicallity like hana and oxygen. LoL.

So, thats why,
I turn down my expectation to 40usd price single DD in technicality. HZsound HM.

Btw, JUST FOR INFO, im not interesting to get free for Olina. Because is cheap price for me. Only 100usd.

BUT OLINA with only 100 USD CAN BEAT OXYGEN 230 USD ?????!!!

THIS VERY VERY BAD NEWS TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ALREADY BOUGHT AND WANT BUY Tanchjim Oxygen :frowning2:

From your statement above OLINA CAN BEAT OXYGEN, you seems look like contribute Tuner for Olina? ???!!!!

tell the truth if yes or not !!!

thank you very much!!!

bruce

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #791 of 1,725
The Olina beats the O2 in what way(s) for you? No offense but I am skeptical 🤨 of the Olina objectively curb stomping the O2. If it is due to preferred sound signatures and fit, well those are so unique that anything goes.
I didnt say curb stomping the O2, lol. Here is the thing, im extremely biased right now. I think I should just shut up and let folks either enjoy them or not. I'll just say this, I like Olina a lot and hope others do as well. PM me for more of my thoughts.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #792 of 1,725
I noticed that extra filters are included with the Olinas. Does that mean that it also has the clogged filter problem like the Mele? Shouldn't the problem have been addressed and corrected, not just slapping on a ban-aid?

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #793 of 1,725
The filters are the same as the O2. Unless you actually have some kind of ear gunk problems, you should be fine. The filters are quite see-through and there is very little material in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back