triport?
Nov 2, 2002 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 21
The only triport that I have heard of are the Bose ones.
I think that someone here heard them and posted pics.
Try a search for triport and bose.

Nov 2, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 21
Sorry, but the Bose TriPort headphones are WAY overpriced for the performance that they actually deliver. They cost $149.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City or Tweeter -- but they sound more like a typical pair of $29.99 headphones.

Nov 3, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 21
I actually tried them on today at best buy and yes the sound sucked, but they were $180 there not $150. BTW they were DAMN comforable and looked really cool. but they sounded like ass.

Nov 3, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 21
That $150 price is at Best Buy stores in the Chicago area. Best Buy stores in other states or metropolitan areas may vary in the pricing of the Bose TriPorts.

Nov 3, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 21
Strong and boomy bass?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I thought the bass on the TriPorts is dull and lifeless!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 21
Saw 'em at BB, had to try them.

Very comfortable and light. The drivers were located forward in the shells and angled bach at the ears. So far so good.

Sound was miserable (imho). Very boomy monobass. LF info was translated to 1 or 2 resonant frequencies and puffed up to silly levels. Treble was missing. Couldn't really figure out the mids. Wasn't familiar with the source or the music, so tough to judge level of detail. Plus I couldn't stand them anymore.

In other words, another typical product from this company (again, imho).

gerG

Nov 3, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 21
ugh, I went to best buy to pick a cd up, and I just had to try these. <shudder> It sounds like a pair of stock earbuds, being played in mud. So dull and lifeless.

Nov 3, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #11 of 21
Even the Sony MDR-V700DJ's - slammed though they are here at Head-Fi - sound better than those TriPorts.
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2002 at 5:15 AM Post #12 of 21
I wasnt expecting to be blown away but i was expecting them to be good. I cant believe me $20 senn 202s beat the crap out of these. other than the bose are probably the most comfortable phones ive ever had on (even beating out the senn 580s because the boses light weight)

Nov 3, 2002 at 8:17 AM Post #13 of 21
The triport has boommy bass, and very grainy characteristics. I really they are bad and sound comparable to the V600. Indeed, the v700 sounds a bit better. Oh, I tried them out at bose outlet store.

Purk

Nov 3, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #15 of 21
I must admit I did not hear them, but just looking at them last week in the box they looked pretty cheesy. For around $150 there are far too many other options to be even considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back