Triple flange for Triplefi 10?
Feb 10, 2010 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ori88

Head-Fier
Hifi newbie here. Sorry if this was asked before but I didn't find an answer.

I'm going from a pair of Shure E4C with triple flange tips to the Triplefi 10s. I can't use them right now as none of the tips are comfortable.

1) Does anyone make the triple flange tips for the Triplefi 10s?

2) If not, for those that used triple flanges, what are you using now that fits?

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 10
I use my Monster Turbine triple flange tips on the TF10's, those fit. I can't get a seal with anything but Complys, but the Turbine tips will fit on the nozzle of the TF10's.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 10
i find my ie8's bi-flange tips do pretty well with tf10 too but turbine triples do better cause it's a bit softer. but personally i prefer the stock complys cause that's the only way to do complete seal with my ears.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #4 of 10
I'll try the Comply's again, but I recall trying all the various stock tips that come in the package and none fit. The only thing that fit with my E4Cs were the triple-flange, and even those I needed to cut the base about 1mm.

Where can I get some turbine triples? I looked on ebay and found nothing. eBay has some double flanges, has anyone gone from triples to doubles?

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 10
Betweed dual flange and sony hybrid (and ofcourse the crap UE tips) I find the dual to have the best fit, it goes deeper (stays in your ear) and sound does not get distorted when you are moving your jaw (the foamies do that for me).
Edit: Got the dual off ebay btw, 8$ for 2 pair, just search for "Ultimate Ears double" on ebay.

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 10
I use silicone bi-flanges for the TF10. They serve me just fine.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 10
I ended up buying a pair of bi-flanges from eBay.  The bigger ones didn't fit and the seller graciously sent me 2 pairs of the smaller ones at no cost.  Those fit better, but they still weren't perfect and I still had to adjust them at the gym every so often.  So earlier in the week I finally bought some Sony Hybrids and I'm happy to report that they fit perfectly!  I tried them while working out at the gym and they didn't slip out like all my other tips did.  I think the reason is the stem or whatever you call it that fits onto the earphone port is thinner than all the other tips, because they're not made for the UE TF10s.  Happy I can fully enjoy them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back