Triple-Fi's plus Comply large Tx-500 - what a difference comfort and fit make!
Jan 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by HazeIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bringing the topic back from the dead

Have people tried both T-500 and TX-500 "wax guard one".

does the Tx does what it claims without compromising sound quality? sounds like a nice feature, I just don't know if it changes the sound signature

This is all I use on my Ety4p. Hasn't altered sound one bit and beats having to change those Ety filters at least once monthly. Also had them on my Trip Fis when I had them and enjoyed them tremendously. Noticed no SQ change and was using Mustang amp with iMod at the time.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #18 of 29
comply tips are way too fragile, i use to retire a pair every 10-12 days, no way i could afford that habbit, especialy after forking out for the triple.fi,

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #19 of 29
i like the tx-500s. good fit and isolation, for ease of insertion and length of service nothing beats the sony hybrids. that said, i always carry the tx500s with me, they stay in place better and maybe are a little better in isolation than the sonys. the end filter is just a plus bringing down the treble to let the mids through.

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_toast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the end filter is just a plus bringing down the treble to let the mids through.

Are you saying that the TX-500's filters (to keep wax out) affect the sound?

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #21 of 29
My pack of 5 TX-500s has lasted a long time. I just put on pair 4 (really 3 because I threw away one pair quickly to dissect them). But I may try the T-500s next time to compare. I don't seem to get much wax on the guards and I am not sure it is really needed. just use the loop.

Still loving the fit, comfort and isolation.

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 29

Yeah...I don't wear these anymore on the TF10's. They kill sound quality. Sony Hybrids are just as comfy and provide MUCH better sonics.

I would strongly disagree with this statement!

I tried my spare hybrids and found the sound not as good as the standard silicone, the problem with both though was that I guess due to the large barrel size the silicone tips keep coming out with long periods of listening.

When I first tried the comply's that came with the 10's I thought they put a veil on the sound, turns out I did not take the time to fit them properly as I went back to them due to the continual slipping out of the silicone, this time I took a lilttle more care in inserting them and now won' use anything else!

The comfort and isolation is the best I have found with universal and I find no degradation in sound quality at all, in fact due to the comfort I am able to listen for much longer and due to the better isolation am able to focus on the music more!

I find they last me a long time as well, so far four weeks with them in and they show no signs of wear, much better than the foam tips on my ETY's!
I am ordering of an official seller on eBay who is here in Canada some replacements as I know eventually they will wear out and I buggered up one pair in cleaning them ( don't wipe isopropyl alcohol on these!!!) to keep things sanitary.

I don' want to lose any of the remarkable sparkly treble so am not sure if I want to get the TX versions due to the wax guard, has anyone any experience if the wax guard decreases the treble?

Ps, I do not find the standard ones effect treble. I did when I did not compress them fully before insertion. Now I fully compress them before insertion I find the treble to be the same as the silicone and better than the hybrids ( am I the only one who thinks the hybrids decrease sound quality on all aspects?)

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #24 of 29

Quote:
When I first tried the comply's that came with the 10's I thought they put a veil on the sound, turns out I did not take the time to fit them properly as I went back to them due to the continual slipping out of the silicone, this time I took a lilttle more care in inserting them and now won' use anything else!The comfort and isolation is the best I have found with universal and I find no degradation in sound quality at all, in fact due to the comfort I am able to listen for much longer and due to the better isolation am able to focus on the music more!

Haha! Monday night I'd been coming back from a snowboarding trip and went from 2 sizes of hybrids to the medium silicons. Finally, I relented to the Comply's and figured...at least they'll drown out the noise wo/ violating my ears. To my complete and total surprise the "veil" I'd been accustomed to w/ these things could not be found. It actually sounded BETTER than the hybrids and the silicons!!?? Undoubtedly due to the perfect seal. :D

I think it has something to do w/ only using the Comply's w/ the flip mod and never regular. Also, I didn't put them in as far as normally do. One or both of those just gave these things a new lease on life.

So where did you order yours ianmedium? I'm going to need some more in a month or so. Of course, I'm wondering about the wax guard version as well. Also, what size came w/ our TF10's?

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
Quote:
When I first tried the comply's that came with the 10's I thought they put a veil on the sound, turns out I did not take the time to fit them properly as I went back to them due to the continual slipping out of the silicone, this time I took a lilttle more care in inserting them and now won' use anything else!The comfort and isolation is the best I have found with universal and I find no degradation in sound quality at all, in fact due to the comfort I am able to listen for much longer and due to the better isolation am able to focus on the music more!

Haha! Monday night I'd been coming back from a snowboarding trip and went from 2 sizes of hybrids to the medium silicons. Finally, I relented to the Comply's and figured...at least they'll drown out the noise wo/ violating my ears. To my complete and total surprise the "veil" I'd been accustomed to w/ these things could not be found. It actually sounded BETTER than the hybrids and the silicons!!?? Undoubtedly due to the perfect seal. :D

I think it has something to do w/ only using the Comply's w/ the flip mod and never regular. Also, I didn't put them in as far as normally do. One or both of those just gave these things a new lease on life.

So where did you order yours ianmedium? I'm going to need some more in a month or so. Of course, I'm wondering about the wax guard version as well. Also, what size came w/ our TF10's?

I love it when things like this happen, you experienced the exact same thing, I had written them off like you had!

I will PM you the seller I got mine from, he is in Canada and is slightly cheaper than the comply site. I went for the mediums as they fit me perfectly and are what came with the 10's.

I also went for the normal ones. I will wait to hear from cooper as to his further thoughts on the wax/ normal differences before trying them as he has steered me right so many times!
I also got the black ones, three pairs for just over $17 including shipping!

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 29
Feb 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #28 of 29
They kinda have us by the balls though. Hybrids and silicons not only pop out of my ears all the time, but KILL them and make listening to music a chore. :frowning2:

Thanks for PM info, bookmarked for when the 2 I've got hit the dust...these things seem to last forever for me.

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #29 of 29

They kinda have us by the balls though. Hybrids and silicons not only pop out of my ears all the time, but KILL them and make listening to music a chore. :frowning2:

Thanks for PM info, bookmarked for when the 2 I've got hit the dust...these things seem to last forever for me.

I have the same problem with the silicone, these though stay put. Mine are lasting a long time too though I knackered one pair cleaning them... Alcohol melts them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back