Triple-Fi's plus Comply large Tx-500 - what a difference comfort and fit make!
Jan 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #16 of 29

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by HazeIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bringing the topic back from the dead

Have people tried both T-500 and TX-500 "wax guard one".

does the Tx does what it claims without compromising sound quality? sounds like a nice feature, I just don't know if it changes the sound signature

This is all I use on my Ety4p. Hasn't altered sound one bit and beats having to change those Ety filters at least once monthly. Also had them on my Trip Fis when I had them and enjoyed them tremendously. Noticed no SQ change and was using Mustang amp with iMod at the time.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #19 of 29

ri_toast

500+ Head-Fier
i like the tx-500s. good fit and isolation, for ease of insertion and length of service nothing beats the sony hybrids. that said, i always carry the tx500s with me, they stay in place better and maybe are a little better in isolation than the sonys. the end filter is just a plus bringing down the treble to let the mids through.

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #21 of 29

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
My pack of 5 TX-500s has lasted a long time. I just put on pair 4 (really 3 because I threw away one pair quickly to dissect them). But I may try the T-500s next time to compare. I don't seem to get much wax on the guards and I am not sure it is really needed. just use the loop.

Still loving the fit, comfort and isolation.

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 29

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus

Yeah...I don't wear these anymore on the TF10's. They kill sound quality. Sony Hybrids are just as comfy and provide MUCH better sonics.

I would strongly disagree with this statement!

I tried my spare hybrids and found the sound not as good as the standard silicone, the problem with both though was that I guess due to the large barrel size the silicone tips keep coming out with long periods of listening.

When I first tried the comply's that came with the 10's I thought they put a veil on the sound, turns out I did not take the time to fit them properly as I went back to them due to the continual slipping out of the silicone, this time I took a lilttle more care in inserting them and now won' use anything else!

The comfort and isolation is the best I have found with universal and I find no degradation in sound quality at all, in fact due to the comfort I am able to listen for much longer and due to the better isolation am able to focus on the music more!

I find they last me a long time as well, so far four weeks with them in and they show no signs of wear, much better than the foam tips on my ETY's!
I am ordering of an official seller on eBay who is here in Canada some replacements as I know eventually they will wear out and I buggered up one pair in cleaning them ( don't wipe isopropyl alcohol on these!!!) to keep things sanitary.

I don' want to lose any of the remarkable sparkly treble so am not sure if I want to get the TX versions due to the wax guard, has anyone any experience if the wax guard decreases the treble?

Ps, I do not find the standard ones effect treble. I did when I did not compress them fully before insertion. Now I fully compress them before insertion I find the treble to be the same as the silicone and better than the hybrids ( am I the only one who thinks the hybrids decrease sound quality on all aspects?)

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #24 of 29

Jodiuh

1000+ Head-Fier

Quote:
When I first tried the comply's that came with the 10's I thought they put a veil on the sound, turns out I did not take the time to fit them properly as I went back to them due to the continual slipping out of the silicone, this time I took a lilttle more care in inserting them and now won' use anything else!The comfort and isolation is the best I have found with universal and I find no degradation in sound quality at all, in fact due to the comfort I am able to listen for much longer and due to the better isolation am able to focus on the music more!

Haha! Monday night I'd been coming back from a snowboarding trip and went from 2 sizes of hybrids to the medium silicons. Finally, I relented to the Comply's and figured...at least they'll drown out the noise wo/ violating my ears. To my complete and total surprise the "veil" I'd been accustomed to w/ these things could not be found. It actually sounded BETTER than the hybrids and the silicons!!?? Undoubtedly due to the perfect seal. :D

I think it has something to do w/ only using the Comply's w/ the flip mod and never regular. Also, I didn't put them in as far as normally do. One or both of those just gave these things a new lease on life.

So where did you order yours ianmedium? I'm going to need some more in a month or so. Of course, I'm wondering about the wax guard version as well. Also, what size came w/ our TF10's?

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #25 of 29

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus

Quote:
Quote:
When I first tried the comply's that came with the 10's I thought they put a veil on the sound, turns out I did not take the time to fit them properly as I went back to them due to the continual slipping out of the silicone, this time I took a lilttle more care in inserting them and now won' use anything else!The comfort and isolation is the best I have found with universal and I find no degradation in sound quality at all, in fact due to the comfort I am able to listen for much longer and due to the better isolation am able to focus on the music more!

Haha! Monday night I'd been coming back from a snowboarding trip and went from 2 sizes of hybrids to the medium silicons. Finally, I relented to the Comply's and figured...at least they'll drown out the noise wo/ violating my ears. To my complete and total surprise the "veil" I'd been accustomed to w/ these things could not be found. It actually sounded BETTER than the hybrids and the silicons!!?? Undoubtedly due to the perfect seal. :D

I think it has something to do w/ only using the Comply's w/ the flip mod and never regular. Also, I didn't put them in as far as normally do. One or both of those just gave these things a new lease on life.

So where did you order yours ianmedium? I'm going to need some more in a month or so. Of course, I'm wondering about the wax guard version as well. Also, what size came w/ our TF10's?

I love it when things like this happen, you experienced the exact same thing, I had written them off like you had!

I will PM you the seller I got mine from, he is in Canada and is slightly cheaper than the comply site. I went for the mediums as they fit me perfectly and are what came with the 10's.

I also went for the normal ones. I will wait to hear from cooper as to his further thoughts on the wax/ normal differences before trying them as he has steered me right so many times!
I also got the black ones, three pairs for just over $17 including shipping!

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 29

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
Feb 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #28 of 29

Jodiuh

1000+ Head-Fier
They kinda have us by the balls though. Hybrids and silicons not only pop out of my ears all the time, but KILL them and make listening to music a chore. :frowning2:

Thanks for PM info, bookmarked for when the 2 I've got hit the dust...these things seem to last forever for me.

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #29 of 29

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus

They kinda have us by the balls though. Hybrids and silicons not only pop out of my ears all the time, but KILL them and make listening to music a chore. :frowning2:

Thanks for PM info, bookmarked for when the 2 I've got hit the dust...these things seem to last forever for me.

I have the same problem with the silicone, these though stay put. Mine are lasting a long time too though I knackered one pair cleaning them... Alcohol melts them!

Users who are viewing this thread