Triple fi vs Se530 ?
Jun 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi blackcatz,

They both sound great, so you can't really go wrong with either, although I think the SE530 are more comfortable.

Do a search. There are many threads on the difference in sound of these two IEMs.

I second that.
I'm actually listening through a friend's SE530 right now, sounds good for my taste.

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #48 of 51
I'm looking forward to being able to post a proper comment on one of these threads when I recieve my SE530's tomorrow
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naim.F.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a difficult one. Opinions vary from person to person. If you type in "triple.Fi review" in Google, some of the main sites prefer the SE530's (Trusted Reviews, iLounge) whereas some (PCmag) prefer the Triple.Fi's. It's all a matter of opinion.

SE530 have a slightly more darker yet more lively and fuller sound. The Triple.Fi are slightly flatter and more analytical. I believe the Triple.Fi have better highs and tighter less prominent bass. Whereas the SE530's have more detailed mids, a better low end and punchier more effective bass. I guess it depends on what kind of music you listen to.

One thing I will say, is that imo the SE530 are a lot more comfortable. I realise Athena above mentioned the TF10's with different buds are just as comfortable as the SE530's, but I have to disagree. The SE530's are more organic in shape and fit the ear more like customs. They also sit flush with your ear so you can sleep on your side with them. The TF10 and SF5 stick out of the ears and are quite large. I couldn't sleep with my SF5's on, whereas I regularly sleep with my SE530's on.

I think this diagram shows the fit off nicely.

propertyofearphonesolutionsgroup1.jpg

propertyofearphonesolutionsear1a.jpg

wow so the se530 has more bass and punch than the triplefi
that is interesting

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now. Why don't Shure and Ultimate Ears just make a contract and make supreme earphones like a six driver earphone or something. Triple Woofers, Dual Tweeters, and a Single Mid range Driver. then it'll be unbelievably good, and no complains. The highs from the Ultimate ears, Mid's and bass for shure. wouldn't that be great
smily_headphones1.gif

my vot would be for some ue triplefi 10 EB, that would be the best iem ever

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #51 of 51
TF10 has a more than satisfying low end, anything more would be bloated and overpowering. Never was a big fan of the 5EB, didn't impress me that much. Oh to that statement, i've gotten on to it.

I'm in the making of two 6 driver monitors that are each based on the SE530 and the TF10. They will have a similar sound signature, but with large amounts of enhancements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back