Triple fi vs Se530 ?
Jun 8, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #16 of 51
Yea, the tf10 would be a great if I did that mod im reconsidering the tf10 again
smily_headphones1.gif
hahaz does the mod change the sound signature? N would it sound better than my headphones?

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #17 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
triplefi for the win! with shure tips on the UEs, they're just as comfy as the se530, and i find that they sound more balanced, with a bigger soundstage than the se530s

Srry but, no matter what you do to the Triple Fi's, they'll never feel as comfortable as the Se530. The most comfortable universal IEM's are the Um1, Um2. The the Shure Se210, Se420, and Se530 come in second. the Se110, Se310, and the Whole E series line comes Third. The Triple fi's are just too wide, and too long compared to the Se530. The Se530 are as comfortable as ever. and Soundstage wise, i can't argue with that since you said that as your opinion but HOWEVER, if you Truly Heard the Se530 side by side with the Triple, you would probably notice that the Triple Fi's DO have a crispier High then the Se530. But the Mid's of the Shure just thrash the mid's of the Triple Fi's. The bass is also a lot more natural, and blends in with the rest of the music as to compared to the Triple fi's the bass may still be as powerful as the Se530, but it sticks out too much, it's just like you're listening to say a soothing part of a solo, and just as the solo ends and just as the chorus kicks in, it's like being stabbed by a heart. I have owned both, This is just my opinion. To me, Overall, even for the extra you pay for the Shure's, it's weel worth the extra.

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #18 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do a search. I think the consensus is about half and half between these. I might be wrong though. Go look at the appreciation threads. Also, theres a guy named FlavioWolf thats doing A LOT of research. PM him and ask him what he thinks.

acording to my researches, triple.fi is sonically better. that is like 80% preferability to triple.fi, and they have no big problem in the sound spectrum. what i mean is: triple.fi has great controlled bass, very good midrange, and superb highs, and se530 has a bloaty bass (which can please some people), a much proiminent midrange, and much rolled-off highs. its down to your sonic preferences, but in my mind (and most people's), triple.fi seems better.

Jun 21, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #19 of 51
Hi guys thanks for the input! I bought the Triple Fi cause I liked the highs details and the bass wasn't much of a attraction to me.

Quite the opposite I find it very comfortable with the sponge mod. Once again thanks for helping me pick one
smily_headphones1.gif
Owe u one

Hahaz now on to the next poison! The Graham Voyager!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, can you upgrade the cables on the Triple Fi? :X

Jun 21, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
triplefi for the win! with shure tips on the UEs, they're just as comfy as the se530, and i find that they sound more balanced, with a bigger soundstage than the se530s

i personally think that if we are going to put these two phones head to head then the triple fi should not win because it uses a component made for the se530's, i think the se530 are an overall better made set of phones and better thought out.

again the se530 has completely dedicated bass drivers,whereas the triple fi carries the midrange through the bass drivers, this causes quality loss in both the midrange and bass frequencies.

the shures on the other hand carry the midrange through the tweeter so this explains why the highs suffer a little. but not as bad as the mids and bass of the triple fi because the bass drivers damand more movement, causing more quality loss for the mids of the triple fi.

this is why shure gets my vote, its simply more logical to have dedicated bass drivers as bass simply needs to be sepertate to reach good depths. how often do you come across a subwoofer that performs well putting out midrange (not often) this explains why the triple fi mids are not nearly as forward and strong.

dont get me wrong, the triple fi is indeed balanced and clean but i think if anybody was to do a distortion test the mids will start cracking up at serious volume, wheras you should with my theory find the se530 will push on with cleaner output to serious volumes. at reasonable levels tho the triple fi and se530 are dead even on quality terms for me. crank it up and technically the se530 should come out on top.

i am a little biased towards the se530 because i like the realistic smooth warm sound but there is also technical reasoning behind why i think they are better

Jun 21, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #21 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys thanks for the input! I bought the Triple Fi cause I liked the highs details and the bass wasn't much of a attraction to me.

Quite the opposite I find it very comfortable with the sponge mod. Once again thanks for helping me pick one
smily_headphones1.gif
Owe u one

Hahaz now on to the next poison! The Graham Voyager!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, can you upgrade the cables on the Triple Fi? :X

congrats on the purchase!! they are an awesome set of phones. the cables can be switched for better or worse. i also have a keen eye on the graham voyager, but its a costly bullet to bite!
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe buy the se530 n take the bass driver out n put it in the UE10!!! The hybrid is born!!
smily_headphones1.gif
Best of all worlds

Hmm what kinda cables are you talking about? What would u recommend?

i think its more about how they use the crossover. in this case shure made the crossover with what seems to be better logical pathway for the midrange over the triple fi, still both are excellent im just nitpicking to make a good point.

the cables im on about are maybe the ue10 cables, or something similar, although i have never tried changing the cables myself im not sure if the improvement will be big or even audible but hey...those that dont try will never know, all the best with your new love

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #24 of 51
I have both of these IEM's but have stayed with SE530 more and TFP has been tucked away a couple months now.

SE530 has better overall clarity to me (TFP sounds hazy until you get use to it) and more visiceral bass...almost like dynamic drivers.

But TFP slightly beats the Shure on soundstage.

Hard to go wrong with either though.

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #25 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh...I guess that pretty cancels out the triple.fi, unless the FS (Flip-Side) mod cures it, which I doubt.

Flip-Flop mod is really a cure to those ppl who want to sleep with UE universal IEM on. At least, it is true to me. BTW, Shure olive rocks.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #26 of 51
Were the poll still open, I'd vote Triple Fi without a doubt.

The flip 'mod' is also really quite comfortable in my experience, but then I manage to sleep wearing ER-4, lol.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #29 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
acording to my researches, triple.fi is sonically better. that is like 80% preferability to triple.fi, and they have no big problem in the sound spectrum. what i mean is: triple.fi has great controlled bass, very good midrange, and superb highs, and se530 has a bloaty bass (which can please some people), a much proiminent midrange, and much rolled-off highs. its down to your sonic preferences, but in my mind (and most people's), triple.fi seems better.

I can't disagree more. The Bass on both IEM's are AMAZING. Just down to which you want, the hardcore electric heart booming bass in the triple fi, or the natural, breathtaking, and thundering in the Shure se530. The Mid range in the Se530 is just clearer, crisper, and more accurate vs the Triple fis. however, the triple fi's are better in the highs. Slightly less roll off. and TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS don't mean anything. Check out earphonesolutions.com.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #30 of 51
Now. Why don't Shure and Ultimate Ears just make a contract and make supreme earphones like a six driver earphone or something. Triple Woofers, Dual Tweeters, and a Single Mid range Driver. then it'll be unbelievably good, and no complains. The highs from the Ultimate ears, Mid's and bass for shure. wouldn't that be great
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back