Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Feb 2, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #721 of 755
  I just pre-ordered the v2's - these will be my first IEMs outside of the standard "shipped with my cellphone" fare.  Are these going to sound OK without external amplification?  I'll be driving them straight out of my Sony Z5P.  

Full disclosure:  The only other headphones I own are a pair of K7XX's, so I'm going to less discerning than most of you guys....

I was the same as you when I bought the Vyrus V1. I pre-ordered based on the Kickstarter campaign and wasn't sure what I'd end up with, as they were cheaper than my everyday earphones!
As soon as I tried them I could tell a HUGE different between these and what I was used to! Even being driven straight out of my iPhone sounded awesome!
I've now ordered the V2's because... why not for the price? You can go for a night out and spend more than the Vyrus will cost you!
I don't think driving them will be an issue for you. Sure, they probably sound better with a headphone amp, but even direct from your smartphone should be noticeably different to what you're used to!

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #722 of 755
  I just pre-ordered the v2's - these will be my first IEMs outside of the standard "shipped with my cellphone" fare.  Are these going to sound OK without external amplification?  I'll be driving them straight out of my Sony Z5P.  

Full disclosure:  The only other headphones I own are a pair of K7XX's, so I'm going to less discerning than most of you guys....

I was the same as you when I bought the Vyrus V1. I pre-ordered based on the Kickstarter campaign and wasn't sure what I'd end up with, as they were cheaper than my everyday earphones!
As soon as I tried them I could tell a HUGE different between these and what I was used to! Even being driven straight out of my iPhone sounded awesome!
I've now ordered the V2's because... why not for the price? You can go for a night out and spend more than the Vyrus will cost you!
I don't think driving them will be an issue for you. Sure, they probably sound better with a headphone amp, but even direct from your smartphone should be noticeably different to what you're used to!

Exactly! I find the VYRUS really easy to drive. I have no experience with them driven by an AMP/DAC other than my iPhone and laptop. It's also one of Bob's goals if I'm correct, to be able to drive their products with a phone or laptop and get excellent sound, so that you won't have to spend +100€/$/£ to buy an AMP/DAC to get the best out of it. Correct me if I'm wrong

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #724 of 755
@bobtrinity just to check.. on the email update, you stated that the tradeupprogramme discount code lets you get the masters for £60... do I need to have purchased some of your more expensive ones first? £60 from £159 seems too cheap!
I already have the Vyrus 1, and Vyrus 2 on preorder. But wasn't sure if I needed to have bought the more expensive ones previously to qualify.
FYI - if you say I can have the master for £60.. my bank and mrs will both hate you! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #725 of 755
@bobtrinity just to check.. on the email update, you stated that the tradeupprogramme discount code lets you get the masters for £60... do I need to have purchased some of your more expensive ones first? £60 from £159 seems too cheap!
I already have the Vyrus 1, and Vyrus 2 on preorder. But wasn't sure if I needed to have bought the more expensive ones previously to qualify.
FYI - if you say I can have the master for £60.. my bank and mrs will both hate you! Haha

My condolences to your bank and your mrs's. This is what Trinity said in the email about getting the new Master.

"We are opening our Trade-Up scheme to all Trinity Sabre, Vyrus, Master 4 and Delta V-II owners.

How this works is simple, you can trade up to the new Master for a ridiculous £60.00 by entering discount code [Discount Code] at the checkout. The great thing about our trade-up scheme is that you don't need to return your old iems, you get to keep them!"

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #726 of 755

My condolences to your bank and your mrs's. This is what Trinity said in the email about getting the new Master.

"We are opening our Trade-Up scheme to all Trinity Sabre, Vyrus, Master 4 and Delta V-II owners.

How this works is simple, you can trade up to the new Master for a ridiculous £60.00 by entering discount code [Discount Code] at the checkout. The great thing about our trade-up scheme is that you don't need to return your old iems, you get to keep them!"

I'm not sure If I should thank you or not for that!!
etysmile.gif

That's just TOO cheap!!

Edit - I know these aren't out yet, but what do we think they'll be like to drive? Do the previous masters require an amp to drive? Just thinking about when I'm out and about with just my iPhone

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #728 of 755
Anybody have a review on the master and how do they compare  to the vyrus 1

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #729 of 755
Designed for those looking for a technically superior sound without the huge price tag.
Featuring our all new injection moulded Zinc alloy driver housings and our all new modular cable system for an exquisite look and long term durability.​

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #730 of 755
Anybody have a review on the master and how do they compare  to the vyrus 1

They aren't available yet, so won't be any reviews.

As for comparisons to the Vyrus 1... they are £159 vs £59.. so they'll sound different.

I have the Vyrus 2 and Masters on preorder, so I'll have chance to listen side by side

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #734 of 755

I just bought a pair of the Masters using this code. Put in the code and all the way through the checkout process, it was charging me the USD equivalent of £60. I'm not a returning customer, so I don't know if that matters. But I'm about to find out!

I'll keep you all posted. At $75 and free shipping, this is a no-brainer. I hope it works!

Here's the info from Trinity: https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/blogs/news/master

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #735 of 755
I just bought a pair of the Masters using this code. Put in the code and all the way through the checkout process, it was charging me the USD equivalent of £60. I'm not a returning customer, so I don't know if that matters. But I'm about to find out!

I'll keep you all posted. At $75 and free shipping, this is a no-brainer. I hope it works!

Here's the info from Trinity: https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/blogs/news/master

The code is working for everyone BUT if you haven't bought something from them in the past your order will be cancelled when they will check it.
Also i think the tradeup program was available to end of february
Only Bobtrinity can confirm that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back