Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Mar 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #737 of 755
-ignore-

Mar 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #738 of 755
Just wanna get your thoughts on which is a better buy between the Vyrus and the Advanced Model 3 if I'm aiming for a v-shape iem with wide soundstage, good imaging, and quality lows without overpowering the mids.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #743 of 755
I just received my vyrus v2's a couple of days ago. Enjoying them so far.
Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the filters with dampers and those without?

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #744 of 755
I just received my vyrus v2's a couple of days ago. Enjoying them so far.
Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the filters with dampers and those without?

Look at the underside:

IMG_20170428_011738.jpg

Left to right: normal damper, new damper [black foam] and no damper.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #746 of 755
You're welcome poto. If it makes you feel any better I had a similar experience with the original Vyrus. I lined them all up on my desk and couldn't work out how I was supposed to tell which ones of the same colour had damping or not until I happened to turn them 'upside down' :).

May 15, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #747 of 755
I got my Vyrus V2's today, but the little manual doesn't list the sound signature of all of the included filters. Does anyone know what the blue and green ones are supposed to sound like? And when I pre-ordered them, they advertised a "modular" cable, but the cable on mine doesn't seem modular at all - did they make a change in the specs?

May 15, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #748 of 755
I got my Vyrus V2's today, but the little manual doesn't list the sound signature of all of the included filters. Does anyone know what the blue and green ones are supposed to sound like? And when I pre-ordered them, they advertised a "modular" cable, but the cable on mine doesn't seem modular at all - did they make a change in the specs?

Explanation for the filters are to be found here: https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/filters-explained

To specifically answer your question:
- BLUE (Black damper) = Whole range in balance nothing over done, bass heads need not apply
- GREEN (Black damper) = Much like our Gunmetal filter with controlled highs and midrange lifted a little

Cable is modular in that is plugs at Y-split level. Should you ever want to listen to the Vyrus in a balanced setup, just plug a balanced cable. Should you want to go wireless and use bluetooth, just plug a bluetooth dongle like the IcarusI.

This is what Trinity meant with "modular" cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back