Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now!
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #691 of 755
Does we know if there is a real sound difference between v1 and v2?

yeah me too interested to know what the additional 7 filters adds to the current(V1). ones?........definitely a slight variations between them is expected that needs little more ear-time to hear the difference.

May be trinity cld post what those 7 addl filters can offer in their "filters explained" page.I believe same 14 filters are also used for the upcoming master,pm6/hunter (16) etc?

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #692 of 755
Does we know if there is a real sound difference between v1 and v2?

yeah me too interested to know what the additional 7 filters adds to the current(V1). ones?........definitely a slight variations between them is expected that needs little more ear-time to hear the difference.

May be trinity cld post what those 7 addl filters can offer in their "filters explained" page.I believe same 14 filters are also used for the upcoming master,pm6/hunter (16) etc?

It's possible that we could have the same sound signatures, but with long and short varieties. We'll find out soon enough.
I'm going to get mine on pre-order today and can't wait to try them out!!
I'm expecting the sound to be a little different, but not massively so. Without more detail I can't confirm, but seems like they are using the same drivers? So if they sound different it will be down to construction.
Everything trinity does is an evolution of last thing thy did, or set if new ideas. This is the major benefit, in my opinion, with buying products from a company like this. They care about their product, and are looking for new ways to innovate and improve what they already do well.
Happy to provide feedback to those who don't want to buy without knowing more.. but for the price are well worth it!
I'm just lucky that trinity don't make a ton of IEM's at this price... the house would be littered with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #693 of 755
I should add that I think most if the improvements will potentially be in construction, and the new modular cabling system. Really looking forward to seeing this in action.
Just like with all products, there WERE a small number of issues that cropped up with the Vyrus 1.0, mainly to do with connector fit. This is why I think they have improved again to create a more sturdy, durable connection. Again this is an assumption.
I love stuff like this.. the clear leaps and bounds that are being taken. It's very evident with Trinity because they don't have tons of products at very close price points, or the same thing in 30 different colours.
Both the customers and the business benefit from this. The more they improve their product, the better quality of product we get as customers, and the less trinity have to replace, which comes out if their profits.
I'll have my Vyrus 1.0 firmly shoved down my sockets on my walk to work, and can't wait to try the 2.0.. which should arrive a few months before my holiday, where I get to use them a lot more!! :grinning:

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #696 of 755
Also pre-order mine today.
Hope they will have a more mid centric filter and a non removable cable.

Not sure what the filters will be, but they are described as having a modular system; so will be detachable somewhere along the way. It's possible that it won't be at the point where most cables connect, so you might get a bit of cable that is non removable and THEN a connector. Allowing for a y splitter, or an inline mic in between standard cables. Can't wait to find out!

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #697 of 755
Should I wait for early review on the v2 or pre-order now? I don't know if the discounted price is only available for pre-order.
I don't think I would enjoy the idea of placing a splitter at the y intersection. Wouldn't that narrow the option for replacing cables?, meaning I can't opt for cheaper alternatives.
Love the compact form factor of the v1, I hope that keep it.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #698 of 755
Should I wait for early review on the v2 or pre-order now? I don't know if the discounted price is only available for pre-order.
I don't think I would enjoy the idea of placing a splitter at the y intersection. Wouldn't that narrow the option for replacing cables?, meaning I can't opt for cheaper alternatives.
Love the compact form factor of the v1, I hope that keep it.

For the price, I've gone for it. What do you have to lose? I don't think you'll get ANYTHING better for the price you'll pay!

As for the cables. I don't KNOW about the split, but I didn't mean at the y intersection, I meant that each earphone could have a small piece of wire.. maybe even an inch or so, and the cables connect to those wires. The modular aspect of them could
Mean that you could then add a mic/ control with a connector at each end that would go between each wire.
I'm sure we'll get some more details soon, but I think it's worth going for. It's not even a risk in my opinion.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #701 of 755
My bad, just found them.

Internet is slow on my ship and I didn't wait for the full 5 mins for the page to load.

Its a tough life at sea:)

Yarrrr this wifi be slower than a sail-less ship on a windless night!

Glad you found them.. I was asleep when you posted that and came on to send you the link lol

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #702 of 755
Yarrrr this wifi be slower than a sail-less ship on a windless night!

Glad you found them.. I was asleep when you posted that and came on to send you the link lol

LOL, can get a bit slow with a big swell in the Indian Ocean.

Some threads go faster than I load and read.

Many thanks for thinking of helping.

Just pre-ordered and much looking forward to their arrival.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #703 of 755
I wonder if they will release more pictures of the v2 anytime soon. I'm still skeptical about its design, though the zinc alloy housing sounds pretty promising. (lighter than the aluminum housing I assume, source: google.com)

Not trying to be fastidious or anything, but isn't 14 filters are a little bit too much? I heard people saying they barely use or switch between 7 filters. Granted, they're making an effort to suit everyone own taste. But I'd rather have a spare cable like in the v1 package. 

p/s: coming from chinese/asian brands thread, this thread is really quiet, even though this is exciting stuff.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #704 of 755
  I wonder if they will release more pictures of the v2 anytime soon. I'm still skeptical about its design, though the zinc alloy housing sounds pretty promising. (lighter than the aluminum housing I assume, source: google.com)

Not trying to be fastidious or anything, but isn't 14 filters are a little bit too much? I heard people saying they barely use or switch between 7 filters. Granted, they're making an effort to suit everyone own taste. But I'd rather have a spare cable like in the v1 package. 

p/s: coming from chinese/asian brands thread, this thread is really quiet, even though this is exciting stuff.

While I understand where you're coming from, the point of the filters is to open them up to a much wider audiophile audience. Even at 7, some people still failed to find a pair that worked how they wanted them to. This is because you're getting into territory where people really care about sound and want the best sound they can get at their price point. Trinity really care about this too - and better techniques are being discovered all the time. The spare cable, while nice to have, doesn't stop them from working the way you'd like them to. if you have a package with 2 cables in, you can still only use one of them - just as you'll only use the filters that sound the way you like. Personally, My spare cable is still sat in the box - waiting for the day I may have to use it. I'd be happy enough for Trinity to just add a spare cable to the accessory page, rather than just a PONO cable, an £100 cable or bluetooth. But that's just me.

Regarding how quiet this thread is - Totally agree! We need more people in here, and more people exited about the brand. So far, I've only got the Vyrus 1 and 2 on preorder - but if their cheaper IEM's sound this good, I can't wait to get more expensive ones!

Did you see the instagram pic of the Vyrus 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOTE3fGBNbe/?taken-by=trinityaudio&hl=en

Not sure what's to be skeptical about - Design is pretty much the same as the 1 (pic above isn't final obviously), will have a modular cable system, will be lighter and have improvemnts over the 1.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #705 of 755
While I understand where you're coming from, the point of the filters is to open them up to a much wider audiophile audience. Even at 7, some people still failed to find a pair that worked how they wanted them to. This is because you're getting into territory where people really care about sound and want the best sound they can get at their price point. Trinity really care about this too - and better techniques are being discovered all the time. The spare cable, while nice to have, doesn't stop them from working the way you'd like them to. if you have a package with 2 cables in, you can still only use one of them - just as you'll only use the filters that sound the way you like. Personally, My spare cable is still sat in the box - waiting for the day I may have to use it. I'd be happy enough for Trinity to just add a spare cable to the accessory page, rather than just a PONO cable, an £100 cable or bluetooth. But that's just me.

Regarding how quiet this thread is - Totally agree! We need more people in here, and more people exited about the brand. So far, I've only got the Vyrus 1 and 2 on preorder - but if their cheaper IEM's sound this good, I can't wait to get more expensive ones!

Did you see the instagram pic of the Vyrus 2?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOTE3fGBNbe/?taken-by=trinityaudio&hl=en

Not sure what's to be skeptical about - Design is pretty much the same as the 1 (pic above isn't final obviously), will have a modular cable system, will be lighter and have improvemnts over the 1.

Thanks for the pic. I'm not using instagram so I totally missed that. But what I really want to know about is the modular cable system. I don't get why the standard cable system on the v1, designed for it to be enduring, turns out to be its weak point as some people complain about connection.

I'm really careless sometimes (sleep with earphones on, harshly shove it in my pocket when I go out, etc. So I'm over concerned about durability. Plus, this would be my biggest investment so I hope it would last longer than some of my previous ones (usually 3-4 months)
It seems like I can't find a reason not to try it. Starting to save money for this baby.

Btw, since you owe the first version, is it hard to drive? Do I have to have amp or alike equipments for it to give what it has to offer.
I'm using laptop and regular phone (doesn't have enhancement in audio department, like, for example the lg v20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back