TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 12, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #24,571 of 24,683
I just checked back my emails and it was the Icarus iv im waiting on ..last response from Kieran was 2017 and were waiting on new stock...ah well

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #24,572 of 24,683
Just ship them out next week :wink:
Guaranteed!
I've been waiting on new stock, but it should be in soon so I should have them ready to ship out next week. Guaranteed! :D

I just checked back my emails and it was the Icarus iv im waiting on ..last response from Kieran was 2017 and were waiting on new stock...ah well
Look, new stock takes a while, how is 2 years not a reasonable amount of time to be waiting to receive new stock? :p

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #24,574 of 24,683
thanks for the recs on the gorilla and uv glue.
i haven't listened to my TA IEM's in over a year. partly because i have other other IEM's that sound as good or better and don't fall apart (this is the third pair of TA's that have come unglued on me) and partly because the whole mess left a bad taste and i felt like even using their product was in a way still supporting them. while i personally didn't get burned as i jumped ship at the first signs that things weren't on the up and up, the way so many others here did i just couldn't stomach using a product from a company that treated and lied to its customers the way TA did.

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #24,575 of 24,683
Haven't been around here in some time but having read a good amount of the last years worth of postings here, I consider myself lucky.
My journey with Trinity started with the underappreciated Techne, then the Master 4, followed by the Master. The Master 4 aka PM4 had some manufacturing glitches with filter threads but mine were sorted out to my satisfaction. Actually picked up a spare Techne when they were being phased out for a song. I still use and enjoy these IEMs when not favoring headphones. I actually use them far more than the Puro Sound, Vsonic, or model from "he who shall not be named" also in my inventory. :)

The offering of the Master seemed to me as a move to placate consumers after the hiccups with the Master 4. Numerous other more expensive models were introduced not long after. This appears to be the beginning of when things went south with missed deliveries and QC problems. I had thankfully lost interest in the newer stuff which ultimately saved me heartache, disappointment, and financial loss. My heart goes out to those whose dealings and outcomes were far less fortunate.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #24,576 of 24,683
Haven't been around here in some time but having read a good amount of the last years worth of postings here, I consider myself lucky.
My journey with Trinity started with the underappreciated Techne, then the Master 4, followed by the Master. The Master 4 aka PM4 had some manufacturing glitches with filter threads but mine were sorted out to my satisfaction. Actually picked up a spare Techne when they were being phased out for a song. I still use and enjoy these IEMs when not favoring headphones. I actually use them far more than the Puro Sound, Vsonic, or model from "he who shall not be named" also in my inventory. :)

The offering of the Master seemed to me as a move to placate consumers after the hiccups with the Master 4. Numerous other more expensive models were introduced not long after. This appears to be the beginning of when things went south with missed deliveries and QC problems. I had thankfully lost interest in the newer stuff which ultimately saved me heartache, disappointment, and financial loss. My heart goes out to those whose dealings and outcomes were far less fortunate.

Howdy Bob, long time no see buddy. All the best to you and yours:grin:

You know my trip was not much unlike yours and in total agreement on the Techne’s and kind of wish we could still get them:frowning2:

I did bite on both Masters and Icarus III’s and got burned on the 10 pound Icarus 1 offer but that was a pittance compared to some! Masters are awesome but a wee bit on the heavy side and Icarus III’s are a analytical Mid Lovers dream. I will say this IMHO Bob really hit the ball completely out of the park on the IMR R1 Zenith:wink:

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #24,577 of 24,683
Icarus iv got burnt by the sun

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #24,578 of 24,683
Mar 12, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #24,579 of 24,683
Howdy Bob, long time no see buddy. All the best to you and yours:grin:

Backactcha! Damn. :) The Pod *still* abides! LOL

I see OldDude04 is still kicking too. hahahahahaha

I ignored all the chatter I ran into about IMR once it was clear who was the force behind it. So no clue about the quality, delivery, etc of that IEM although you seem to like it based on your signature..

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #24,580 of 24,683

I ignored all the chatter I ran into about IMR once it was clear who was the force behind it. So no clue about the quality, delivery, etc of that IEM although you seem to like it based on your signature..

Hey Bob! Yep, I'm still around. I don't have any real reason to have this thread subscribed still, other than to see folks from the "old days" pop in on occasion just like you did. I spend most of my time in the IEM Lounge thread I started during the debacle that was Trinity. It's a much nicer place without all the baggage of here, lol. Anyway, glad to see you dropping back in, hope all is well.

OldDude

Mar 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #24,581 of 24,683

Yeah, I have both the R1 and the R1 Zenith now and they are both very nice iem's but the Zenith was a very nice step forward to the original. Yeah, I got to thinking about all that chatter on the TA debacle and remember someone saying Bob was no engineer just one hell of a Salesman but seriously if I were the true engineer of all those nice TA and now IMR iem;'s how long do you think I'd put up with Bob calling them his design's! Especially once the :poop: hit the fan at TA? Just like the same people who said they got into all the court records and Bob and Mrs. were in cahoots and the real culprits behind the lying and demise of TA:scream: If the engineer truly was not Bob how come he has not struck out on his own and exposed Bob as a sham engineer, all I know is Bob never once did me wrong (mind you he had already backed out of the picture at TA when I placed my Icarus 1 order) which was handle by Kieran or Jake or any one of the people the lack luster backer was forcing to to do the "Do Dirty" to us. ANyway glad to hear you are alive and well, by the way what have you been up to on your sabbatical?

Opy 1 R1 Zenith.JPG

Well what do you know what an apropos song to this scenario:grin:

Mar 12, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #24,582 of 24,683
Podster,
Bob Marley eh? FWIW I'm still using my xDuoo X3. As a septuagenarian retiree I don't get out much so my listening is primarily speakers and headphones. The DAP and IEMs serve in situations like doctors' waiting rooms. I'm keeping a whole bunch of them employed too FWIW. :)

IMR R1 Zenith: £500.00 GBP? OMG! :astonished::cold_sweat::anguished:

OldDude,
I seem to recall an exchange we had about Redbreast Irish. Did you ever try some?

That last query is my attempt to keep with the theme of this thread. Figure the Trinity fiasco drove more than one to drink! lololololololololololol

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #24,583 of 24,683
Yeah, I understand and think you are doing fine equipment wise, I really need to get off this crazy train as I now own more gear than I could tear up in my post 62 years:scream: What I really need to do is figure out how to work the "For Sale" thread and not get scalped:smirk: Well I'm about half Irish and love Red Beards, Red Hair and especially REDBREAST:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well keep those Doctors on the run man, want to be chatting with you for many more years:wink: Yeah, Bob made me an offer I could not refuse but when he'd already gotten me for 2 Techne's, 2 Delta's, 2 Vyrus's, Hyperion's, Sabre's, PM4's, Icarus III's, Master's and R1's he still probably made enough for a case or two of Redbreast:thinking: LOL

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #24,585 of 24,683
Podster,
Bob Marley eh? FWIW I'm still using my xDuoo X3. As a septuagenarian retiree I don't get out much so my listening is primarily speakers and headphones. The DAP and IEMs serve in situations like doctors' waiting rooms. I'm keeping a whole bunch of them employed too FWIW. :)

IMR R1 Zenith: £500.00 GBP? OMG! :astonished::cold_sweat::anguished:

OldDude,
I seem to recall an exchange we had about Redbreast Irish. Did you ever try some?

That last query is my attempt to keep with the theme of this thread. Figure the Trinity fiasco drove more than one to drink! lololololololololololol
Join us at the IEM Lounge, then you won't have to worry about keeping with the theme of the thread. Pop in on occasion when you feel like it, we'd be glad to see ya there!

In regards to Bob and IMR, things seem to be going better there. It's been an entire year (right?) and Bob only just released a second iteration of his IEM under IMR. By comparison, TAE had like 5-8 products released and another 4ish products "in development" within a year. Big difference.

WHO HAS WOKEN ME FROM MY SLUMBER?!?! I AM THE GHOST OF TRINITY'S PAST.......... ANYONE WHO ENTERS THESE SACRED LANDS WILL BE CUUUUUURSED!
Wasting your time Ghost, already got cursed a long time ago; cursed with severe lack of money to buy audio items I want :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back