TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 10, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #24,556 of 24,683
I'm sure they're not bad... But having heard the PM6 with only two dynamic drivers in it, I'd be afraid to risk paying that much for something that ordinary. That and there's no more warranty, no more company, no litz cable... The entire value of the hunter is gone.

How can you know which version of the Hunter this is (if they were several), and as far as I remember - well, I don't know, were these the same model you are talking about (not the version, but the model to begin with ) ?

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #24,557 of 24,683
I ordered the Icarus 1 and 2, £90 up the spout. As a previous post mentioned, they probably never existed! A constant stream of lies. I have the Master and Vyrus V2, both of which are nowhere near as good as the Elecom CB1000 or Artiste DC1, amongst many other cheaper IEMs. Overrated rubbish and a waste of money.

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #24,559 of 24,683
How can you know which version of the Hunter this is (if they were several), and as far as I remember - well, I don't know, were these the same model you are talking about (not the version, but the model to begin with ) ?

Only way is to crack em open and see what driver config they have... It's too big of a risk, even if they end up having the full driver config (whatever that was)

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #24,560 of 24,683
still owed my Icarus iii but did get a pair of hyperion for £120

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #24,561 of 24,683
still owed my Icarus iii but did get a pair of hyperion for £120

Dang that sucks and the 120 for the Hyperion's made me look up my old confirmation email on mine and they were only 24 pounds with the Head-Fi discount at the time!

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #24,563 of 24,683
I think overall I got hella lucky. Got a free Icarus III, got a free hyperion, sold my PM6 at a loss, got my Airs that are a paperweight. Everything else got refunded.

I know you went through the wringer and worked your tail off to achieve that:beerchug: I only got stuck with the 10 pound loss on the Icarus I and glad I saw the ship listing hence I never bit on the PM6, Airs or Hunter:rolling_eyes:

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #24,564 of 24,683
I think overall I got hella lucky. Got a free Icarus III, got a free hyperion, sold my PM6 at a loss, got my Airs that are a paperweight. Everything else got refunded.

Although I was bold face lied to and given the runaround on warranty/replacement issues, I did at least receive my PM4, Masters, and Icarus III. Because of my issues I opted not to go with the Icarus IV, so I think I ended up one of the lucky ones. I know I'll never see the Icarus 1, but hey, that was $12 whole dollars, I'll be ok, lol.

Dec 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #24,566 of 24,683
That reminds me, how many people are interested in hearing the Hunters anyway? I'm one of the lucky people that actually got a pair, might get off my lazy ass some time to send them out for a tour, US only.

That is discriminatory to us Canadians, sir! I am appalled at your lack of ethics. :wink: Hahah

Dec 11, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #24,568 of 24,683
Sir, I demand you apologize! You're Canadian, that sort of request has to be 100% complied with, right? :p

International shipping's annoying, I don't wanna deal with it.

That legitimately caused me to chuckle loud enough for my wife to look at me funny, lol.

Dec 12, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #24,569 of 24,683
That reminds me, how many people are interested in hearing the Hunters anyway? I'm one of the lucky people that actually got a pair, might get off my lazy ass some time to send them out for a tour, US only.
Just ship them out next week :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back