TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 2, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #24,526 of 24,683
I could see parting with my CB1000 if anyone is interested. :)

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #24,527 of 24,683
My $0.02 is that this thread should be closed with a warning and discussion of iem’s taken to https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-iem-ear-bud-lounge.855661/

I feel the same way:thinking:

Trinity Tribute - The Bob.JPG

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #24,529 of 24,683
Well I'm a fortunate one as I only suffered a 10 pound loss in the Icarus 1! I cannot speak for the politics and what really went down at TA Audio but I do appreciate Bob's ear for tuning and design on top of the fact he never done me wrong on any deal/agreement to this day and based on that I don't feel he had much to do with Trinity (More the financial backer) having pulled the rug out from under so many who had some real money tied up in TA purchases but I understand where and how those folks do feel. What I know of Bob I also doubt he was standing behind Jake and Kieran and having them lie to the buying public here on Head-Fi:rolling_eyes: then again everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter and that there is my $.02 on it:wink:

R1O1 Balanced.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #24,530 of 24,683
I still like my Icarus III. Continually fiddling with tips though. If I get a good seal which really enhances the bass and isolates pretty well, they tend to push themselves out. Smaller spinfits stay in place better but leak a lot of sound.

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #24,531 of 24,683
Is there anyone who got a replacement hunter is also not satisfied with them ? Seriously I have 200 € iems that are objectively better. Not speaking about the tuning or anything they are just technically better. I'm thinking about taking my hunters apart to see what is really in there. But there aren't any screws, its all glued together. If you got any tips on that let me know too.

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #24,532 of 24,683
I have two trinity products.
The first phantom master 4 and the Master that came as a replacement wit a “super attractive price”.
Both are crap.
The PM4 sounds awful. The Master is ok but
way too heavy. The cable is too stiff. The Y is too heavy.
And you can’t resell them because there is no information about them on the trinity website and the company is a fraud ....

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #24,533 of 24,683
Once in a while I email Kieran to see if he has a working prototype for the Icarus ii that he would sell me but he never answers.
It probably never existed.
In July 2018 they put their accounts up to September 2017 in to Companies house which show a loss of £39k for the year and assets of -£23400.
It's an offence to continue trading while insolvent.
Some products are still for sale on the otherwise excellent amp3 at silly (high) prices - I think that they must be old stock with amp3 standing the guarantee.
Nobody has posted anything about receiving product or any communication from them for a long time now.
They still have no website or telephone number.
They are still shown as active on Companies House but surely their creditors will bring the company down soon.
Anyway I'm still enjoying the free earbuds that I got for preordering the Icarus iv's.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #24,535 of 24,683
I too got the hyperions for ordering the Icarus ivs and because my refund claim for the Icarus iv and that DAp that never existed (Icarus II?) was through PayPal they didn’t ask for the hyperions back

Poor consolation for the two garbage pairs of airs that I got. Never used

However. I did go commercial and got the Beoplay e8s. Great wireless buds

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #24,536 of 24,683
I still like my Icarus III. Continually fiddling with tips though. If I get a good seal which really enhances the bass and isolates pretty well, they tend to push themselves out. Smaller spinfits stay in place better but leak a lot of sound.

Bob's final produced iem at TA before the final straw and they are still in my top 5 iem's, Penon has a few pair of them left and dropped them from $199 to $139 which is a steal in my book. Also much lighter than the Masters:wink:

Trinity Treat.JPG

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #24,537 of 24,683
bit of a revival and long shot, but here goes....
anyone know what type of glue/adhesive i can use to put my phantom sabres (and atlas) back together? both models have separated at the seam and can no longer be removed from my ears without coming apart.
thanks!

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #24,538 of 24,683
anyone know what type of glue/adhesive i can use to put my phantom sabres (and atlas) back together? both models have separated at the seam and can no longer be removed from my ears without coming apart.
thanks!

THIS works great. I used it when I took apart a set of Masters that were blown. It's strong though, so be careful.

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #24,539 of 24,683
thanks!
No idea what glue to use. A rare coincidence this morning, needed some IEMs to sample a YouTube video. The Atlas fell into hand. First listen in 6 months. Their shells show no sign of separating, yet. Interested to see what recommendations are posted. The Atlas are still my nicest looking IEMs. Wish TAE's business practices were better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back