TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 23, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #24,122 of 24,683
Im thinking my icarus iv will go down in folklore... The mythical trinity iem

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #24,125 of 24,683
I have not been on Head-Fi in many months after this whole Trinity Ordeal. I am glad I was able to cancel my pre-order of PM6's and received a refund. It looks like things really took a dark turn.

Apr 25, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #24,127 of 24,683
Suddenly got a tracking no. from Kieran, god knows what's coming!
Just out of the blue, or did you hammer him with questions about your pre-order?

After a few back and forth emails with Kairen I was given a tracking number. And today the unimaginable happened...no Trump is still president but I received my Trinity Airs! Granted I am still out for the pre-ordered Icarus IV and I but this was something I was sure would have been another drain circling empty promise. There is hope for good in mankind...
on a side note the left monitor drops out every 4-5 seconds, the interface is pretty archaic and unless I crack them open to attempt a fix they will be pretty much unusable but that is not the point...ok it is but ...
You were asking about whether or not they had any Airs stuffed in a drawer somewhere? I find it odd that suddenly some stuff gets shipped, glad they do, but it seems kinda random?
I wouldn't mind receiving my Kickstarter Air's, even if they wouldn't work: would like to try out my diy skills. It can be neon pink for all I care, lol.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #24,134 of 24,683
Congrats!

If you got Spinfits in the box at least that’s something.

Spinfit has been out of stock for months, I thought it was just samples of all sizes instead of official stock. Anyway spinfit doesn't fit me so it's not even a "loss" for me.
But the ghost air is too light even with the charge case as a paperweight:expressionless:

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #24,135 of 24,683
The white faceplate can be pried open with a guitar pick if you slide it at the top of the IEM between the white and orange part. The orange groove is just aestethics. just be careful to not push the pry tool too far in, because you might bend or damage the pogo pin which is used for the antenna. Then on the back of the faceplate, remove the copper foil and add this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR5DSCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524331934&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=copper+foil+tape&dpPl=1&dpID=51ZccA6JdYL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I folded 5-6 layers on top of eachother and stuck it back into place. All that's left is gluing back the faceplate with epoxy or dual sided sealer tape, but I didn't have the same results.
I've just got my air.
Have you just applied the copper tape to the right bud or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back