TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 24, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #21,451 of 24,683
Aug 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #21,452 of 24,683
You must be new here. :darthsmile: Puns aside, it's really hard to believe ANYTHING they say anymore.

We should really interpret what has been said in their update. All of the master lineup will disappear as other members have already hypothesized. I believe there may still be shelling issues and or problem with getting the drivers for the units.

I have this feeling that hunter x is good signification of problems related to outsourcing parts and drivers. Furthermore they had to discontinue the original hunter probably because of expensive decisions including titanium shells, pro litz cables, etc.

Is TA just going to continue to revamp existing product lines and offer pre order sales once again to attract customers? An issue lies in that they no longer ship direct and that they will have to be bought at a authorized dealer. Who here would continue to stick with TA after this whole fiasco and be forced to buy from dealers or pay shipping that they once knew was included at no charge?

And now they are offering old stock at a discounted price. This just seems to me like a desperate rally for cash to try to save a ship that was probably close to sinking.

Who would want to buy a revamped vyrus or icarus iii & iv hybrid at full price or even discounted price? I am sure not jumping on yet more new products which they said caused the whole messup to begin with. All this reinforces the fact that they have continually discontinued old products in their lineup (which are really quite new) in order to continue bringing new products. The cycle repeats. Maybe next thing you know old hunter fufillments will be "upgraded" to hunter x at no extra cost simply because the "last few" were delayed again because they werent profitable anymore.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #21,453 of 24,683
I wonder how many of those dealers are willing to pay upfront for stock. Penon and Audio Sanctuary have been sitting with old stock for the longest time.
After all this fiasco not too many are willing to buy Trinity products.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #21,454 of 24,683
2 things from that last email:

1) "Its a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model"

Yeah TAE, that's right...it's your customers that were the problem, not the broken promises and misdirection just short of outright lying. Nope, none of that was the issue. It was the dumb customers.

2) "I will be bringing back the Hunter but with a different driver setup and will be called the Hunter X."

So before some people even get the IEM that they paid hundreds of dollars for, it's been discontinued and will be replaced with something 'better'.

Way to build that customer base folks.

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #21,455 of 24,683
"...its a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model and can cause some massive issues for customer service and also reputation."

This was my favorite part of that new statement.

That to me was by far the most ridiculous thing in that statement. Everybody understood the PM6/Hunter pre-order process, other than Trinity apparently. See, it's supposed to go like this: People pay in advance for a product, and Trinity delivers said product in what should be a reasonable time. People DID pay the money, but Trinity DID NOT deliver all of the PM6/Hunters, and none of those were delivered in what any sane person would call a reasonable amount of time. That was a bit snippy on the part of the person who wrote that blog, to say that customers didn't understand and that it caused massive issues and hurt their reputation. I may like the IEMs I've received, but I won't be ordering anything from a "new" Trinity that would post that.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #21,456 of 24,683
"...its a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model and can cause some massive issues for customer service and also reputation."

That to me was by far the most ridiculous thing in that statement. Everybody understood the PM6/Hunter pre-order process, other than Trinity apparently. See, it's supposed to go like this: People pay in advance for a product, and Trinity delivers said product in what should be a reasonable time. People DID pay the money, but Trinity DID NOT deliver all of the PM6/Hunters, and none of those were delivered in what any sane person would call a reasonable amount of time. That was a bit snippy on the part of the person who wrote that blog, to say that customers didn't understand and that it caused massive issues and hurt their reputation. I may like the IEMs I've received, but I won't be ordering anything from a "new" Trinity that would post that.
Preach it, Brother. Preach!

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #21,458 of 24,683

It's ABSOLUTELY their fault. EVERYONE understands how a pre-order system works except for apparently them. Even if the initial launch deadline is not met, the general expectation is a 2ish-month delay. People have waited 1 year and 2 months thus far and still not gotten the promised product. When things take that long, you talk with the customer base about the trials and tribulations along the way as they happen. Failure to do so demonstrates your inability to execute on or take responsibility for a known plan, NOT the customer's inability to understand the logistics. You messed up, OWN IT; don't pin it on the customers that paid you!

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #21,459 of 24,683
This is ridiculous and I sure hope everyone here who hasn't received the IEMs will get them soon. Folks here waited long enough and were very supportive but apparently those who are still waiting are all Head-Fi members. What-a-coincidence, eh?
The whole Trinity/ IMR doesn't smell good either.
And what's with the Hunter X none sense?
Maybe all of a sudden they will convert all orders of the PM6 and Hunter to the Hunter X because it's cheaper and makes more sense for them financially, a la Atlas Delta?

Hard to believe to anything they say.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #21,460 of 24,683
"Its a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model"

I cannot even believe they had the audacity to publish that. We all know how pre-order and crowdfunding work, what we don't know is why when you publish dates you miss them and then republish to only miss again, the rinse and repeat cycle.

I might have bite at the ICARUS III offer and sold my Master/DVII/Vyrus I IEMS and kept only that but now with that insult nope, no way, no matter how nice. I do agree seems like a way to clear inventory and raise funds, we'll see what happens next. I re-subscribing to this thread just to hear what happens.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #21,462 of 24,683
"It's a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model"

This is so insensitively disrespecting I have lost all my regards for this company of whatever was left even after all the blatant lies and deceit. I hope you Trinity guys get a good lesson in how to run business in the most bitter way possible. I have nothing but a birdie for you. I for once thought of purchasing an Icarus III after the Atlas Delta fiasco but this Company is not the one with which anyone should do transaction at all, they all are liars, lazy and disrespecting to their customers. Bob was better even though he lied.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #21,463 of 24,683
We are preparing to get ready to ship the Icarus IV and will start shipping those once the above is cleared and are making some final changes to Icarus I & II shells so these can start shipping too.

So kieran told me last week my Icarus II was shipping this month

Clearly they haven't even been manufactured

Disgraceful

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #21,465 of 24,683
Even the products that are in stock aren't arriving on time.
I ordered my icarus in day 02 of august and they were shipped in day 03 and I still haven't received them.

Same here! And I paid for tracking, hasn't updated since 8th of Aug...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back