TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #21,468 of 24,683
I'm in Portugal. I'm literally two hours away from the UK by plane. I've received goods from the UK in literally. 3 days.

Ahhh that's a pain! Have you checked with Kieran whether it actually was sent out on the 2nd? Mine was shipped on the 9th, and I live in Australia, so it kinda makes sense why it's taking this long.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #21,470 of 24,683
@Intensecure Apparently they changed their tracking services to only using International Signed which only provides tracking until it leaves UK. What a scam. I was right, it does not help me at all once it crosses international borders.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #21,471 of 24,683
Well, sure happy
@Intensecure Apparently they changed their tracking services to only using International Signed which only provides tracking until it leaves UK. What a scam. I was right, it does not help me at all once it crosses international borders.

I can always input the Royal Mail tracking number into my local postal service tracking and follow the package. Must not work outside the US.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #21,472 of 24,683
it does not help me at all once it crosses international borders
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it arrives soon.
Just for reference, and for @the Ortherion mine was despatched 04/08 and arrived in Malaysia 14/08, delivered 17/08, fully tracked via Pos Malaysia to my door.
@the Ortherion definitely check with Trinity because you should have got before me.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #21,473 of 24,683
2 things from that last email:

1) "Its a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model"

Yeah TAE, that's right...it's your customers that were the problem, not the broken promises and misdirection just short of outright lying. Nope, none of that was the issue. It was the dumb customers.

2) "I will be bringing back the Hunter but with a different driver setup and will be called the Hunter X."

So before some people even get the IEM that they paid hundreds of dollars for, it's been discontinued and will be replaced with something 'better'.

Way to build that customer base folks.
It's a good thing, bob left this company for real.

I hope everyone here who can will decide to ditch these guys eventually. For those who choose to support Bob's IMR instead. Well that would be better than Hunter X.

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #21,474 of 24,683
So Trinity are making new models, a "refresh" of several IEMs.
Who is doing the designing I wonder? Bob has ostensibly left for good, we don't know whether Dan has experience in IEM design, are they getting a freelance designer, or doing it in-house?
Who here is going to buy the new models without knowing who or how they were "refreshed"?
_--------_
And on the postage issues, I recall Joe Watts making an passionate speech in a video for his Rockjaw products, for free postage worldwide being a "moral right". Odd choice of words, but obvious what he meant. As the director of Trinity, doesn't this "moral right" apply to this company too? Double standards, of the worst kind.

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #21,475 of 24,683
So Trinity are making new models, a "refresh" of several IEMs.
Who is doing the designing I wonder? Bob has ostensibly left for good, we don't know whether Dan has experience in IEM design, are they getting a freelance designer, or doing it in-house?
Who here is going to buy the new models without knowing who or how they were "refreshed"?
_--------_
And on the postage issues, I recall Joe Watts making an passionate speech in a video for his Rockjaw products, for free postage worldwide being a "moral right". Odd choice of words, but obvious what he meant. As the director of Trinity, doesn't this "moral right" apply to this company too? Double standards, of the worst kind.
Possibly freelance designer, unless Dan is doing it.

It's some really brave souls :p if anyone here would make the same gamble on new "refreshed" models, until all their gear is delivered.

Let me tell you all something!
I placed an order on Monday Morning
CA manufactured my Andromeda, from scratch on Monday, and tuesday.
Support was spot on, it should be shipping in 2 business days.
After Shell manufacturing, anodizing the aluminum shell, was 9 hours for a full small batch of hatchlings.

Day 2: Complete assembly, drivers, wiring, final box, QC testing, shipped exactly 12 PM and arrived next day from Portland Oregon.

I had to wait from June 2016 for Phantom Master 6 to 2017. It's not like it's a phantom of the opera!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #21,477 of 24,683
Trinity lost its way, pissed people off by lying and stalling and they're blaming a "small group" to not say everyone who got a refund for it? Yeah. F off, Trinity. Your preorder wasn't misunderstood, we understood perfectly how much of a fiasco it was. Just the fact it was SO complicated getting a refund for your non-delivery and the fact you're just messing with people by having a 2 speed response (I refund some KS, but not others) just goes to show that you're not a company that has solid core values and you REALLY need to work on your customer experience.

Campfire, 64 audio, LZ, Fiio, THOSE are companies that CARE about their customers. Learn from them.

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #21,478 of 24,683
Trinity lost its way, pissed people off by lying and stalling and they're blaming a "small group" to not say everyone who got a refund for it? Yeah. F off, Trinity. Your preorder wasn't misunderstood, we understood perfectly how much of a fiasco it was. Just the fact it was SO complicated getting a refund for your non-delivery and the fact you're just messing with people by having a 2 speed response (I refund some KS, but not others) just goes to show that you're not a company that has solid core values and you REALLY need to work on your customer experience.

Campfire, 64 audio, LZ, Fiio, THOSE are companies that CARE about their customers. Learn from them.
Yes for sure 64audio they let you even demo IEMs, though depending you might have to do a secure deposit. LZ for sure, A4 and Big Dipper. Fiio has some really good IEMs they can ship to you!
Empire Ears along with 64audio and CA!

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #21,479 of 24,683
Yes for sure 64audio they let you even demo IEMs, though depending you might have to do a secure deposit. LZ for sure, A4 and Big Dipper. Fiio has some really good IEMs they can ship to you!
Empire Ears along with 64audio and CA!

Trinity has a long way to go and multiple more sleepless nights before aspiring to even come CLOSE to all those guys. :wink:

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #21,480 of 24,683
"Over the rest of this year we will be slowly moving the operational side of Trinity to the USA."
Curious about that as well.
Operational being? Shipping and logistics? I seem to recall, and I don't sadly recall the source post, but 50%+ sales are to the US, so still "designed" in the UK, sales and shipping in the US?
Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back