TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 15, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #21,107 of 24,683
Nope. All deactivated. Just tested all Icarus coupons, 50% off and the head-fi 20% off... Was fun while it lasted. :p
I was looking several times in the recent past at the Icarus I product page, and there have been, to my memory, the specs that stated the memory slot, etc... what a shame if that is not the case, since I am in need of the DAP.... I will probably have to resort to my ancient Iriver IFP 799, just for portability, (I have several of them), not compatible with AAC, strange enough... either WAV or MP3...

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #21,108 of 24,683
I was looking several times in the recent past at the Icarus I product page, and there have been, to my memory, the specs that stated the memory slot, etc... what a shame if that is not the case, since I am in need of the DAP.... I will probably have to resort to my ancient Iriver IFP 799, just for portability, (I have several of them), not compatible with AAC, strange enough... either WAV or MP3...

The entire Icarus line has been a redesign in the making... So it's quite possible they expected the Icarus I to have playback functionality initially, but that's not what it is now. Here's the latest info about the Icarus I:

"As the vast majority of you have been immensely patient and understanding we feel that we must offer a small token of apology. So we have decided that for those whom have pre-ordered the Master 6, Hunter and Atlas Delta will be offered a Icarus I bluetooth DAC module when they become available in around 8-12 weeks time for just the cost of shipping should you wish to get one. To do so once we open for order you will simply need to enter code ICARUSI at the checkout. This offer applies to those that have received their order as well as those waiting. This order can be placed now if you so wish even though it shows unavailable or you can wait until the reveal."

And here are two functional coupons:

HEADFIMEMBERS01 (20% off Head-fi members)
KICKSTARTERPHANTOMBACKERS (35% off for people who participated on Kickstarter for Air and PM6)

**Edit** Can you believe the email I just quoted this from dates back from end of March? So according to this, the Icarus I would have shipped 2 months ago! :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::ksc75smile: "GUARANTEED!!!!"

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #21,109 of 24,683
The entire Icarus line has been a redesign in the making... So it's quite possible they expected the Icarus I to have playback functionality initially, but that's not what it is now. Here's the latest info about the Icarus I:

"As the vast majority of you have been immensely patient and understanding we feel that we must offer a small token of apology. So we have decided that for those whom have pre-ordered the Master 6, Hunter and Atlas Delta will be offered a Icarus I bluetooth DAC module when they become available in around 8-12 weeks time for just the cost of shipping should you wish to get one. To do so once we open for order you will simply need to enter code ICARUSI at the checkout. This offer applies to those that have received their order as well as those waiting. This order can be placed now if you so wish even though it shows unavailable or you can wait until the reveal."

And here are two functional coupons:

HEADFIMEMBERS01 (20% off Head-fi members)
KICKSTARTERPHANTOMBACKERS (35% off for people who participated on Kickstarter for Air and PM6)

**Edit** Can you believe the email I just quoted this from dates back from end of March? So according to this, the Icarus I would have shipped 2 months ago! :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::ksc75smile: "GUARANTEED!!!!"

Well, the thing is.... when preordering, I clearly remember what functionality was given in the specs for the Icarus I ... as you have said, it will be a great shame, indeed, if it does not have the player functionality, then the whole point with the gadget eludes me (a bit)... we'll see what happens with the Icarus II further down the road...

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #21,112 of 24,683
That too. :p

Actually, noone REALLY knows what this device will be/do right now... They seem to change directions all the time.

They've only changed directions once: down. I think for us kickstarter backers, we've lost our money already and have funded the production of the other IEMs for other people.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #21,113 of 24,683
Just got back from my trip to Ukraine. Was extremely surprised to see Phantom Master 6 for sale in store in Kiev. Spend like 3 hours auditioning them with different DAPs including FILO 5 (3rd gen) and Astell AK120II. Like how they sound, didn't like price point.

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #21,115 of 24,683
So after 1408 pages, this thread is winding down...

Let's wind it up again:

To anyone who wanted a refund for the Air and PM6 and have been told it's not possible, IT IS POSSIBLE:

Refund.jpg

I spoke with a nice gentleman concerning his experience with Trinity's Kickstarter. He mentionned that after complaining on multiple sources where Trinity was present, they simply up and refunded him without contacting him, which booted him out of the Kickstarter possibility of commenting.

So if Trinity says they can't refund you, it's apparently very false. They just refuse to refund you. I don't know about you guys, but this makes me very angry. Wrote to Kieran to tell him my thoughts on this.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #21,116 of 24,683
Er, I don't want to sound rude, but it should be pretty obvious that there's nothing about Kickstarter itself that is preventing a project starter from refunding backers should they choose to do so. It's always been clear that there is simply no contractual obligation for them to do so because of KS's terms of service. I think this has been pointed out multiple times in this thread.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #21,117 of 24,683
Er, I don't want to sound rude, but it should be pretty obvious that there's nothing about Kickstarter itself that is preventing a project starter from refunding backers should they choose to do so. It's always been clear that there is simply no contractual obligation for them to do so because of KS's terms of service. I think this has been pointed out multiple times in this thread.

Nothing rude about your comment. :) But my point is more that they refuse to refund people, yet people who complain too much or give them bad press get refunded no questions asked. So they work on threats more than working on making people happy. Everyone can interpret it the way they want, but it's yet again shady business practices.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #21,119 of 24,683
21 days, to the day, that Kieran told me everything will be in place for shipping: within 21 days.

Why am I doing this to myself?

screw!

I can relate with that feeling... I asked myself the same thing when I got knee/leg/torso deep into the Trinity Kool-aid... I'm glad I'm now just foot deep in with them. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back