TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 15, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #21,092 of 24,683
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster here....

I've been following Trinity faithfully in every one of their Kickstarter campaigns to date, and I'm currently one of the many without the Phantom Air.
I also had placed an order for a colleague in work, through the TA website, for a PM6 which I convinced him to get, based on my glowing recommendation for all things TA.

Yesterday however, I had no option but to back out and cancel this order, for the reasons many of you are also frustrated with - false guaranteed shipping dates, and not so much as a whisper as to why dates are missed, or what the overall holdup is.
As you can imagine, placing an order via a colleague for something as expensive, is putting a lot of trust in someone and when there was literally nothing to show for it (even in explanation), this is recipe for a very awkward atmosphere.

I really wanted the IEM to arrive, and have no doubt it would be as good in quality as the previous TA purchases I have made, but frankly, the way this has been handled left me too doubtful to keep someone else's money in limbo waiting for it.

Below is the email chain, and reason why I have asked for a refund - there's too much about it that has just destroyed my faith in their operations, and want to ever buy from them again...

(Reads bottom to top)
9ATIS4w.png

Like many of you, this started with me getting the run-around from Jake.
When the announcement was posted that Kieran would be the new point of contact, I decided to escalate, to try and get some clarity on the issue. NOTE - I'd have been more than happy to wait, if a I'd received a reply telling me there were production/funding/labour issues, at this point.

Alas no... Silence...

In this email, I also set a time in which I expected to see the order, so, if not receipt of the physical item, I expected a response to the correspondence at least.

Again... Silence...

I tried a follow up, and again, there was no reply.
As a result (yesterday), I requested a refund, as you'll see, via the same email chain I had always been using - and what do you know.... I get a reply.

I should mention here, that the refund was actually sent to me less than 5 mins after sending the refund request email, which is very strange considering my previous attempts at contact had been unanswered for well over a week. Even more troublesome, was that some time later is when Kieran's reply arrived, worded as if the refund was an 'offer' still, even though it had pretty much been instantly carried out.

And still, once again, the response is still a "shipping soon" format, and literally nothing in the way of an answer to my previous question.

-------

Sorry for the long first post, but I hope this is in some way useful to the rest of you holding out on hope.

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #21,094 of 24,683
i wrote to IMS after seeing that amp on the new guy from Trinity who turned up and has not been seen again's avatar

it is not available, but there is a new one coming out in the next month or so

keep an eye on thier website

http://ims-nz.com/

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #21,095 of 24,683
HI all head-fiers, I'm new to here, and not new to here - I had been check this thread since April, (almost) everyday, to check if anyone received the PM6.
I suffered by their "guaranteed" to the shipment of PM6,
I ordered the Icarus 3 'cause the crazy discount code "mypartinggift", I thought "received in a week or cancel it immediately",
then it really delivered in a week, without spinfit tips, I send a email to their customer service but get silence.

Anyway, Icarus 3 amazing me, detailed, warm and high quality, tried these filters and found the gold and gunmental(with damper) fits me, but I don't like the V-shape,
install the gold filter, then insert to my phone (Nokia Lumia 640), LOVE the sound and music, taste so delicious.

anyone can suggest does it worth to buy a set of spinfit tips , not sure it helps the sound quailty or not.

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #21,096 of 24,683
HI all head-fiers, I'm new to here, and not new to here - I had been check this thread since April, (almost) everyday, to check if anyone received the PM6.
I suffered by their "guaranteed" to the shipment of PM6,
I ordered the Icarus 3 'cause the crazy discount code "mypartinggift", I thought "received in a week or cancel it immediately",
then it really delivered in a week, without spinfit tips, I send a email to their customer service but get silence.

Anyway, Icarus 3 amazing me, detailed, warm and high quality, tried these filters and found the gold and gunmental(with damper) fits me, but I don't like the V-shape,
install the gold filter, then insert to my phone (Nokia Lumia 640), LOVE the sound and music, taste so delicious.

anyone can suggest does it worth to buy a set of spinfit tips , not sure it helps the sound quailty or not.

It depends on the fit ultimately, if the regular ear tips are sufficient for in terms of getting the right fit, you may not need to get a pair of spinfits. It does change the sound signature a tad, but at the end of the day it comes down to fit.

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #21,097 of 24,683
Finally received my refunds after 2 months of shipping my master's out. Had to email them multiple times with no response and was only given the refund once I emailed them with a 2 week break between the last email. Happy to be out of the Trinity system and honestly have nothing good to say about Trinity. Just what I've been going through with Trinity.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #21,098 of 24,683
Finally received my refunds after 2 months of shipping my master's out. Had to email them multiple times with no response and was only given the refund once I emailed them with a 2 week break between the last email. Happy to be out of the Trinity system and honestly have nothing good to say about Trinity. Just what I've been going through with Trinity.

I think a lot of people feel the same as you. I had the delta, altas, and vyrus which I liked. So I pre-ordered PM6 and the delta hybrids. Got refund for PM6, delta hybrid to Vyrus 2’s. When it came to Icarus III, I just couldn’t place the order, even with discount code. I might in the future if the consensus that the III is good.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #21,099 of 24,683
I think a lot of people feel the same as you. I had the delta, altas, and vyrus which I liked. So I pre-ordered PM6 and the delta hybrids. Got refund for PM6, delta hybrid to Vyrus 2’s. When it came to Icarus III, I just couldn’t place the order, even with discount code. I might in the future if the consensus that the III is good.

I certainly felt the same. I use the Delta at work, and Atlas while at the gym (both daily) and I absolutely love them.
The Icarus III really tempted me, but I'm really soured by this experience :disappointed:
It's such a shame, I can't fault the two products I have, and I'd love another set (excluding the Airs I'm waiting on), but not leaving myself open to that world of uncertainty and disappointment.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #21,100 of 24,683
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster here....

I've been following Trinity faithfully in every one of their Kickstarter campaigns to date, and I'm currently one of the many without the Phantom Air.
I also had placed an order for a colleague in work, through the TA website, for a PM6 which I convinced him to get, based on my glowing recommendation for all things TA.

Yesterday however, I had no option but to back out and cancel this order, for the reasons many of you are also frustrated with - false guaranteed shipping dates, and not so much as a whisper as to why dates are missed, or what the overall holdup is.
As you can imagine, placing an order via a colleague for something as expensive, is putting a lot of trust in someone and when there was literally nothing to show for it (even in explanation), this is recipe for a very awkward atmosphere.

I really wanted the IEM to arrive, and have no doubt it would be as good in quality as the previous TA purchases I have made, but frankly, the way this has been handled left me too doubtful to keep someone else's money in limbo waiting for it.

Below is the email chain, and reason why I have asked for a refund - there's too much about it that has just destroyed my faith in their operations, and want to ever buy from them again...

(Reads bottom to top)

Like many of you, this started with me getting the run-around from Jake.
When the announcement was posted that Kieran would be the new point of contact, I decided to escalate, to try and get some clarity on the issue. NOTE - I'd have been more than happy to wait, if a I'd received a reply telling me there were production/funding/labour issues, at this point.

Alas no... Silence...

In this email, I also set a time in which I expected to see the order, so, if not receipt of the physical item, I expected a response to the correspondence at least.

Again... Silence...

I tried a follow up, and again, there was no reply.
As a result (yesterday), I requested a refund, as you'll see, via the same email chain I had always been using - and what do you know.... I get a reply.

I should mention here, that the refund was actually sent to me less than 5 mins after sending the refund request email, which is very strange considering my previous attempts at contact had been unanswered for well over a week. Even more troublesome, was that some time later is when Kieran's reply arrived, worded as if the refund was an 'offer' still, even though it had pretty much been instantly carried out.

And still, once again, the response is still a "shipping soon" format, and literally nothing in the way of an answer to my previous question.

-------

Sorry for the long first post, but I hope this is in some way useful to the rest of you holding out on hope.

You paid 175£ for the PM6!?! Now I feel even more ripped off. :\

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #21,101 of 24,683
You mean Icarus II (DAP) or Icarus I (DAC)?
From what I remember (now seeing that the specs for the Icarus I have been taken of the product page at TA) the Icarus I had the SD Card expansion slot with decent capacity, as well as built in memory, so that should be a sign of a DAP functionality. Or it should have been.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #21,102 of 24,683
From what I remember (now seeing that the specs for the Icarus I have been taken of the product page at TA) the Icarus I had the SD Card expansion slot with decent capacity, as well as built in memory, so that should be a sign of a DAP functionality. Or it should have been.

Icarus II is the one with SD slot and 64 gb capacity... The Icarus I was just an inline DAC to go with the Icarus line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back