TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 14, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #19,651 of 24,683
Well, I doubt we will get anything:

(Me):
Please note that I am also waiting an Icarus 3 which like the hunter is supposed to have been shipped.
So I hope to see those two before the hunter PayPal protection ends (since for the Icarus 3 has ended).

(Jake):
Once it has ended, we will discuss this again.

Is he for real? Once I lost my money we will discuss it again. No it is being shipped now, but wait till money is gone forever !!!!!?????

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #19,652 of 24,683

(Me):
Please note that I am also waiting an Icarus 3 which like the hunter is supposed to have been shipped.
So I hope to see those two before the hunter PayPal protection ends (since for the Icarus 3 has ended).

(Jake):

Is he for real? Once I lost my money we will discuss it again. No it is being shipped now, but wait till money is gone forever !!!!!?????

This is one of the most disturbing emails from them I've ever seen. Well, we all wanted more transparency... Loooool

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #19,653 of 24,683
It's all highly disturbing. That answer, along with all the others that people have received, create an aura of not caring or having lost the ability to sensibly communicate.
No-one, unless psychopathic, chooses to lie without cause. At some point they chose as a company, that lying and making false assurances was going to lose less customers than telling the whole truth.
How bad is the absolute truth that they felt lying, or deceiving became preferable?
How much credibility can you afford to trade for business before it becomes unacceptable? I'm concerned that when the truth is out, which it surely will be at some point, because people are not stupid, it will not be pleasant.

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #19,654 of 24,683
I ordered a pair of KZ ZS5s from Gearbest on June 26th. Their tracking system is terrible but they shipped registered post and they arrived today, July 14th. Still better communication than this garbage fire of a company. Up yours, Trinity.

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #19,655 of 24,683

(Me):

(Jake):

That just reinforced @Karendar belief that faith is being lost that he is even human anymore. Just a robotic automaton incapable of feelings speaking to you.

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #19,658 of 24,683
Again more positives with the hunter and litz cables, why couldn't you have just been more open about my delivery of my delta and Hunter trinity, makes me sad that im out now but equally under the circumstances I know I did the right thing.
If you had just stopped making unachievable promises, and been genuine about issues then I would still be listening to my hunter eventually and not been worried and pulled out.
Feel you left me no option, very sad.

are you living near London? If yes, then I guess you should visit CanJam tomorrow and meet Bob there.
you can also test hunter and other trinity products(if exists) and share your experience here:)

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #19,659 of 24,683
I've got full refund for PM6.

Still waiting for news about new batt. for Airs.

KZ ZS5 - good sound, well controled bass, a little bright.

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #19,660 of 24,683
are you living near London? If yes, then I guess you should visit CanJam tomorrow and meet Bob there.
you can also test hunter and other trinity products(if exists) and share your experience here:)
Hopefully someone can take a photo of the products together with Bob and get to listen to his products. I wanna see that guy again lol.

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #19,661 of 24,683
You guys are making me want the ZS5 for my collection now - this hobby is relentless! :wink:

For the record (and just in case anyone is interested), the Hunter definitely sounds better to my ears running balanced with the new 8-core Litz cable. Admittedly, it's from the QP2R so that makes pretty much everything sound better, but with a bit more power pushing through, the bass seems to have thickened up a bit on my favourite gold filters and it has taken more of an edge off the treble without losing the detail. Separation/crosstalk is a little improved as well.

I know Bob has an Acoustic Research M2 or M20 as his audiophile DAP (or did when he used to frequent the pages here), so I wonder if he is tuning the higher end models using that as a reference? Both models kick out a LOT of driving power, so would explain why the Hunter definitely lights up with more juice. Just a guess.

@Midgetguy - will be interested to know what you think as and when you get your cabling - one thing you'll be happy to hear is that the little notch in the Hunter 2 pin connectors ISN'T on the Litz cables, so they can be used with other gear. They also fit just fine into the Hunter slots, so it's not such an unusual decision from Bob to put that there in the end.

The cables are thicker then a rapper's bling and not the most flexible, but don't have memory wire and also use a common sense but quite frankly genius chin slider - a piece of thick rubberised elastic you just roll up and down the cable. Combined with the weight of the cable, it's doing a great job keeping it in place over my ears and it feels like a good aftermarket upgrade.

All in all, while I'm still not able to condone or even hazard a guess at the current Trinity delivery behaviour (and have even sent an email to them saying as much), the cables and Kombi tips do bring the Hunter a little closer to the sort of high end performance people were hoping for when we all jumped aboard this crazy train 12-odd months back. Fingers crossed most of you guys get to hear this soon, and don't pass final judgement on the Hunters until you have the full package.

For the record, I'm neither a cable believer or agnostic, and not a devout "balanced if best" evangelist, so take these observations at face value as that is what I am hearing. Also, if Trinity just included one 3.5mm and one 2.5mm Litz cable from the get go then I think the overall wow factor of the Hunter would definitely have been higher, so I'm still confused why they didn't. Hey ho.

Can you pls take some more photos of 8w Litz cables especially at chin slider and connections to the iem?
Thanks in advance

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #19,663 of 24,683
Well my KZ ZS5 have shipped already ordered 7pm yesterday, email 7.38am this morning saying it's on its way

I ordered yesterday 3:00 pm or so Mountain Time and got the email that they have shipped as well. E-mailed Kieran and Bob around the same time yesterday (3:00pm) to cancel my PM6 and got my refund via paypal refund this morning. Kieran also sent me a reply saying are you sure we are expecting more to be arrive this week. Glad to be off this crazy train.

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #19,664 of 24,683
I ordered yesterday 3:00 pm or so Mountain Time and got the email that they have shipped as well. E-mailed Kieran and Bob around the same time yesterday (3:00pm) to cancel my PM6 and got my refund via paypal refund this morning. Kieran also sent me a reply saying are you sure we are expecting more to be arrive this week. Glad to be off this crazy train.
More and more people refunding that could've been avoided with better business communication instead of this week, next week. Sad.

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #19,665 of 24,683
More and more people refunding that could've been avoided with better business communication instead of this week, next week. Sad.

Should have known at the beginning that the promise of a 6 driver IEM for $300 Canadian was too good to be true. I hung in there for a year plus, but couldn't hang any longer. I truly hope that they by some miracle can turn things around and start to deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back