TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 14, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #19,638 of 24,683
Just ordered some KZ ZS5 too and still no word on my Icarus 3, just told by Jake to basically wait for my email as there are lots of stuff shipping.

Jake and Bob ignored my last message. Good to see randomness in their answering pattern :p

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #19,645 of 24,683
Was gonna get the kz zs5 but found an open box is isine 10 for £250 so couldn't resist that. Glad I cancelled the pm6 now.

It's funny how folks are going down the kz line given Bob complained about kz ripping off the CA design.
Right! He called them out on facebook I remember.

Da KZ ship is strong on this.
Isines sound pretty cool planar magnetic iems.

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #19,648 of 24,683
You guys are making me want the ZS5 for my collection now - this hobby is relentless! :wink:

For the record (and just in case anyone is interested), the Hunter definitely sounds better to my ears running balanced with the new 8-core Litz cable. Admittedly, it's from the QP2R so that makes pretty much everything sound better, but with a bit more power pushing through, the bass seems to have thickened up a bit on my favourite gold filters and it has taken more of an edge off the treble without losing the detail. Separation/crosstalk is a little improved as well.

I know Bob has an Acoustic Research M2 or M20 as his audiophile DAP (or did when he used to frequent the pages here), so I wonder if he is tuning the higher end models using that as a reference? Both models kick out a LOT of driving power, so would explain why the Hunter definitely lights up with more juice. Just a guess.

@Midgetguy - will be interested to know what you think as and when you get your cabling - one thing you'll be happy to hear is that the little notch in the Hunter 2 pin connectors ISN'T on the Litz cables, so they can be used with other gear. They also fit just fine into the Hunter slots, so it's not such an unusual decision from Bob to put that there in the end.

The cables are thicker then a rapper's bling and not the most flexible, but don't have memory wire and also use a common sense but quite frankly genius chin slider - a piece of thick rubberised elastic you just roll up and down the cable. Combined with the weight of the cable, it's doing a great job keeping it in place over my ears and it feels like a good aftermarket upgrade.

All in all, while I'm still not able to condone or even hazard a guess at the current Trinity delivery behaviour (and have even sent an email to them saying as much), the cables and Kombi tips do bring the Hunter a little closer to the sort of high end performance people were hoping for when we all jumped aboard this crazy train 12-odd months back. Fingers crossed most of you guys get to hear this soon, and don't pass final judgement on the Hunters until you have the full package.

For the record, I'm neither a cable believer or agnostic, and not a devout "balanced if best" evangelist, so take these observations at face value as that is what I am hearing. Also, if Trinity just included one 3.5mm and one 2.5mm Litz cable from the get go then I think the overall wow factor of the Hunter would definitely have been higher, so I'm still confused why they didn't. Hey ho.

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #19,649 of 24,683
Jul 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #19,650 of 24,683
You guys are making me want the ZS5 for my collection now - this hobby is relentless! :wink:

For the record (and just in case anyone is interested), the Hunter definitely sounds better to my ears running balanced with the new 8-core Litz cable. Admittedly, it's from the QP2R so that makes pretty much everything sound better, but with a bit more power pushing through, the bass seems to have thickened up a bit on my favourite gold filters and it has taken more of an edge off the treble without losing the detail. Separation/crosstalk is a little improved as well.

I know Bob has an Acoustic Research M2 or M20 as his audiophile DAP (or did when he used to frequent the pages here), so I wonder if he is tuning the higher end models using that as a reference? Both models kick out a LOT of driving power, so would explain why the Hunter definitely lights up with more juice. Just a guess.

@Midgetguy - will be interested to know what you think as and when you get your cabling - one thing you'll be happy to hear is that the little notch in the Hunter 2 pin connectors ISN'T on the Litz cables, so they can be used with other gear. They also fit just fine into the Hunter slots, so it's not such an unusual decision from Bob to put that there in the end.

The cables are thicker then a rapper's bling and not the most flexible, but don't have memory wire and also use a common sense but quite frankly genius chin slider - a piece of thick rubberised elastic you just roll up and down the cable. Combined with the weight of the cable, it's doing a great job keeping it in place over my ears and it feels like a good aftermarket upgrade.

All in all, while I'm still not able to condone or even hazard a guess at the current Trinity delivery behaviour (and have even sent an email to them saying as much), the cables and Kombi tips do bring the Hunter a little closer to the sort of high end performance people were hoping for when we all jumped aboard this crazy train 12-odd months back. Fingers crossed most of you guys get to hear this soon, and don't pass final judgement on the Hunters until you have the full package.

For the record, I'm neither a cable believer or agnostic, and not a devout "balanced if best" evangelist, so take these observations at face value as that is what I am hearing. Also, if Trinity just included one 3.5mm and one 2.5mm Litz cable from the get go then I think the overall wow factor of the Hunter would definitely have been higher, so I'm still confused why they didn't. Hey ho.

Again more positives with the hunter and litz cables, why couldn't you have just been more open about my delivery of my delta and Hunter trinity, makes me sad that im out now but equally under the circumstances I know I did the right thing.
If you had just stopped making unachievable promises, and been genuine about issues then I would still be listening to my hunter eventually and not been worried and pulled out.
Feel you left me no option, very sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back