TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 29, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #19,036 of 24,683
i have this vague feeling that if they ever manage to release the Icarus IV, barring major QC issues, it will probably be the most enjoyable in their entire line by a fair margin, especially with the introduction of the crossover... but that is a big if given the current messy state of affairs over there. I don't even have confidence in them to deliver products ordered nearly a year ago let alone something that was announced a month ago...
What?! You think they're going to fail to deliver something a couple months after announcing the shipping date for it? Come on, they don't have a track record of doing that......:thinking:

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #19,037 of 24,683
What?! You think they're going to fail to deliver something a couple months after announcing the shipping date for it? Come on, they don't have a track record of doing that......:thinking:

Why would they miss the shipping date? I don't think Trinity has ever missed a deadline, have they?! Everything that was guaranteed to come on time came on time.

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #19,039 of 24,683
Yup, that was my interpretation too. That does leave a significant question though. If the Hunter is the absolute best they do and it's on the analytical side, do they not have something that is equally sonically capable on the musical side? Because there's a reason I prefer my JH16 Pro FP to the Hunter even though they cost me about the same amount: JH16 is way more musically enjoyable while maintaining a high amount of musical fidelity.
That is what I'm worried about too with my Phantom Master 6.

I'm worried that the Meze99C has way more musicality in enjoyment factor but at same time being just as good if not better in Detail Department with mids. Without any treble issues either....
I'm sitting here enjoying my Mezes. I'm almost too scared to receive my PM6 :p
vjzjzxjknsdyrzvafpno.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #19,040 of 24,683
It's only 6am in the UK let's see what the day brings.
Even though I'm waiting on hunter and still my delta refund i would love to see the icarus lll start shipping today it would fill me with a little hope that im still going to receive my hunter, it's virtually 2 of the 3 weeks i was promised.

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #19,041 of 24,683
Not gonna happen buddy, sorry.

And even if they do start shipping, nothing to suggest it won't be the same scenario as all the other products; 5-20 instances of the product go out but the vast majority of customers don't actually receive anything.

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #19,042 of 24,683
it's virtually 2 of the 3 weeks i was promised
If the "expected big delivery" contains IcarusIII, then it should have the restock of all the other models which people are waiting for.
So either the delivery comes and everything starts to get sorted out....
img_0418.jpg
Or, as some think, only partial stock arrives and the waiting continues, in which case for me and I think many others...
INc77Z0t.jpg

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #19,043 of 24,683
Not gonna happen buddy, sorry.

And even if they do start shipping, nothing to suggest it won't be the same scenario as all the other products; 5-20 instances of the product go out but the vast majority of customers don't actually receive anything.

Im hoping your not right , although logic would say otherwise and I'm trying to stay optimistic.
I would just like to add i was actually told stock on hunter within the next 2 weeks (which was 2 weeks this coming tues so with weekend we are virtually there) and I asked if 3 weeks is a definitely real option of which yes was the answer.
I still think that customers deserve a proper update not hearsay or speculation, this is what has me potentially running to the hills more than the delays, the not knowing where you stand is totally demoralizing , I understand there reluctance because of criticism and further cancellation/financial loss but equally with no communication they could be shutting up shop for all I know.
Now i have no reason to believe that is the case at all but honestly if any company took TRINITYS money on products/stock and were 6 months behind on delivery with no proper comunication then im sure they would be chasing and wanting proper answers.
im sure 95 percent of people now are worried and just want answers.

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #19,044 of 24,683
I am worried that having received my "free" hyperions they may argue they have part delivered on the Icarus Iv, thus negating any credit card refund

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #19,047 of 24,683
i have this vague feeling that if they ever manage to release the Icarus IV, barring major QC issues, it will probably be the most enjoyable in their entire line by a fair margin, especially with the introduction of the crossover... but that is a big if given the current messy state of affairs over there. I don't even have confidence in them to deliver products ordered nearly a year ago let alone something that was announced a month ago...

Yeah, I almost caved and ordered those until I remembered how much I regretted doing business with them for the entire time until I cancelled the Hunter. And then I remembered how Bob refused that they would ever use a crossover because they didn't need it, and when I called him out on that asking for more detail in his explanation he just dodged the question. That whole exchange made me really question his ability to tune a TOTL iem to my standards.

I am worried that having received my "free" hyperions they may argue they have part delivered on the Icarus Iv, thus negating any credit card refund

Yeah, they might try and deduct the inflated "retail" price from your refund or deny it altogether. The more I watch this mess, it really does seem more like they are financially struggling and backed into a corner. It seems to me they have resorted to the shadiness and lies as a desperate means for survival, rather than being out to screw the consumer. That certainly doesn't excuse it though.

Jun 30, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #19,049 of 24,683
About Icarus III
ME

Bob, is it guaranteed that Icarus III will be shippingout today June 30?
Bob James
We will start shipping yes, but takes more than a day to ship them all out
· Sent from Messenger
ME
How will you ship them? By country? Or order number?
Bob James
As they come out of the pre order box

Trinity's preorder box:

download.jpg

B9......…........ Bingo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back