TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #18,211 of 24,683
Thanks for posting this CAD drawing of the ICARUS II. Much appreciated!
Yeah, that's the one. Good find.
"It's almost time" haha..:wink:
But the shape of the end certainly looks like the first photo of the IcarusII that they put up. Long and thin would work. A screen, however basic, would seem to be essential for a player with a big memory capacity, so this may well be what we end up seeing. Hopefully.
You are welcome.

In fact if this what icarus II looks like I don't think I would pay for it. If it's icarus I, I'm ok for £10

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #18,215 of 24,683
Bob found two bad drivers with mine.

I am actually pretty pleased that they found some defective drivers , im still waiting on my hunter but was starting to worry a bit about the reported brightness.
I am a bit treble sensitive at times and was worried if the wait was worth it.
I do remember a post from i think neotribal ( he may quote me otherwise ) and think he didn't report any brightness.
Also I am not a trinity basher and have and would support them again but i just want my products now, i just cant invest anymore money in pre order until I get what im waiting for, sorry trinity you do make fantastic iems and one maybe two products to be waiting for is acceptable to me but just cant justify more.
That said i do understand production problems and wouldnt want any of my products unless 100% a ok.
So il continue to wait.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #18,216 of 24,683
I know this is the Icarus II. I can't see the Icarus I (amp/DAC) needing a screen or those button controls. I could very well be wrong on those points though.
Anyway I will wait for more photos before making decision.

Just curious for it's design. If it's designed for their modular cable design, there will be a 3.5mm male plug, it will be either like a necklace design or just hang with the over ear cable. It should be light enough to do but the battery will be too light to sustain a 8-hour play..

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #18,218 of 24,683
jeez they are struggling to fullfil the earphone orders and now want you to buy their player as well.....lol

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #18,220 of 24,683
Jun 7, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #18,223 of 24,683
I have PM6, Icarus3, Air on order. I am thinking about getting the IcarusII, but because i have PM6 and Icarus3 on order, I do not know what to do with choosing which one to get. What would you suggest me? Is there an adaptor that would make it usable with every other earphones?

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #18,225 of 24,683
@muppetHearsFine

Take the black foam and put it in the Gold filter that has no filter or damper.

@Hi-Fi'er, thank you for that suggestion! Here’s what I’ve tried:

I removed the black foam damper from the green filters and placed them into the gold undamped filters. Observations: the bright highs are somewhat tamed but at a cost… the highs seem more “closed-in” now and also I seem to be hearing a spike in the highs (maybe 8kHz). The bass seems more over-emphasised it would seem. There doesn’t seem to be a change in the sibilance which is still present in some tracks.

I tried the green filters (since I’ve removed the foam dampers). Observations: Too bright! The highs seemed especially strident and I had to stop after 10 minutes. (I have a wee bit of a headache now…)

Giving some thought to what @bk123 (and @Miko 7 earlier) said about modding the damping materials I cut one of the black foam damper in half and inserted each end into the gold undamped. Oof! I do believe I may have just found a sweet spot here. The highs were noticeably more manageable and still sounded fairly “open”. The bass now seems more balanced in relation to the frequency range. Unfortunately there’s still sibilance in those same tracks.

I’m now experimenting with the half-cut black foam dampers in the other filters to see how they fair. I’m liking the blue more now. I mentioned earlier that I thought I heard some congestion in the mids/mid-highs with the stock blue filters. I’m happy to report that the half-cut dampers have just about eliminated the congestion. This is a serious contender for my favourite all-rounder filter now.

Just a note here, these tracks I’m noticing sibilance in sound fine on a Shure E2c, Trinity Delta V-II and to some extent my pair of PM4. Now I’m not sure if the bright highs in the Hunter are responsible for the perceived clarity and detail whilst the flip-side of this tuning coin is the oft-mentioned sibilance (vocals, high hats, cymbals inclusive). I’m wondering if this is the new Trinity house sound?

In the meantime I’ll be trying out some more experiments (different length cuts of the black foam dampers, different damping materials, different density dampers, etc). I’ll report back when I find anything interesting.

Cheers! (Sorry for the long post...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back