TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #18,108 of 24,683
Trinity Audio just updated approximate shipping dates.
Icarus III to June 2017
Icarus IV to July 2017

Also the Icarus II description bas been filled and price changed from 199 to 149 GBP:
https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/collections/sagaris-series/products/copy-of-icarus-1
Code:
ICARUS II

High Resolution Audio on the GO!

The Icarus II is a super small and elegant hi-res music player designed to work with our range of in ear monitors as well as many other brands.

What makes the Icarus II so different apart from its minute size is that you can use the Icarus II in more than one way. First and foremost it is a Audio player designed to play your hi-res files in the most portable package possible. However when not being used for your hi res music files you can also enjoy up to 24 bit bluetooth transmission.

The Icarus II is designed to work with both balanced and regular connection offering the best of both worlds.

64GB of inbuilt storage + micro SD slot for expansion up to 264GB (total) of storage should provide ample for the most avid audio fan.

The Icarus II is beautifully crafted from lightweight CNC machined aluminium and carbon fibre for an exquisite look and everyday wearability combined with a minimum battery life of 8hrs making the Icarus II your perfect daily audio companion.

Hi-res Ultra portable Digital Audio Player.

Micro SD card slot up to 200GB
    64GB in built memory
    Minimum of 8 hours battery/usage time
    Stereo 24-bit DAC up to 192kHz
    High efficiency Class D architecture
    24 Bit Bluetooth compatible
    120MHz DSP
    v4.2 Bluetooth
    Carbon fibre and CNC alloy construction
    aptX, aptX Low Latency, aptX HD, MP3, AAC and SBC audio codecs

The Icarus IV is a pre order item. By placing your order now you agree to payment being collected at the time of order.

Further more when placing a pre order you agree to the following terms CLICK HERE , this is in addition to our normal terms and conditions.

Approximate shipping date is August 2017

4 model/fitment options:
ALL TRINITY MODELS (EXCLUDES HUNTER/MASTER 6)
FITS HUNTER/MASTER 6
FITS ALL BRANDS USING 0.78MM 2 PIN CONNECTOR
FITS ALL BRAND USING MMCX

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #18,110 of 24,683
Any news about Phantom AIR with new batt. and... cable?

My pair of AIR play time is 2h. It's not 3,5h that Trinity declared.

And there is problem with charging box - it charge fully charged earbuds...

And... still waiting for PM6.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #18,111 of 24,683
I'd be curious to know how much power the Icarus II is able to push. The Masters really crave extra juice.
I too was wondering this.
I've read that hybrid/multi-BA IEM's need very low output impedance from the DAP/DAC.
I've also read that they (hybrids, I guess) benefit from extra power, e.g. a separate amp.

I don't really understand the technical side of it all, but if those are both true, then one would imagine Trinity would be aware of this and factor it into the design of the Icarus II DAP.

The other factor being of course that they are also releasing a DAC/Amp, the Icarus I. So perhaps the Icarus II DAP's design is predicated upon the assumption that it would be used alongside the DAC/Amp? I wonder what specs it has and how it functions as a standalone DAP in terms of the output impedance and how powerful the amp section is etc?

Lots of food for thought. :)

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #18,112 of 24,683
Darn just ordered a 2-pin Linum cable to use with them a few days ago.

I compared my Moon Audio balanced cable to the pins of one of my cables and the pins were the same distance and thickness, so in that way I could use it with my Hunter. The problem is that the connection on the Hunter has a specific size recess and the same notch used on previous models. So only Trinity cables will fit. The way I am seeing it is that the Hunter has a female connection and obviously the cable is male. If you look at other IEM's, say the CA Andromeda or 64 Audio Universals or even my UE Triple Fi 10, the earbud connection is flat with no recess and the cable pins xtend out to be pushed in flush with the housing, if that makes sense. The only way the Trinity cables could be seen as universal is the pin size and distance apart.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #18,115 of 24,683
Icarus IV:

4 model/fitment options:
ALL TRINITY MODELS (EXCLUDES HUNTER/MASTER 6)
FITS HUNTER/MASTER 6
FITS ALL BRANDS USING 0.78MM 2 PIN CONNECTOR
FITS ALL BRAND USING MMCX
[/CODE]

Regarding the discussions about whether the PM6 connectors were proprietary or industry standard, do you guys think this would seem to indicate that they are definitely proprietary?
If they have one category for Hunter/Master 6 and a separate category for 'All brands which use 0.78mm 2 pin', that would seem to confirm it, no?

Having said all that, I haven't the faintest idea what they're talking about..
If it's a DAP, surely it's the 'plug' end of the IEM cable that plugs into the DAP? I mean the 3.5mm or 2.5mm part?
Why does it matter which cable-to-IEM connector type is used?

Please excuse my ignorance, and if anyone can explain this to me, I would be most grateful :D

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #18,117 of 24,683
It's going to be a lanyard style, I'm thinking.
Quite interested - to attach to my Sony MMCX IEMs, with a lanyard style player with hopefully good specs - love to see a picture!
Edit: I think it's a choice of IcarusII or IcarusI, one being the higher spec model of the same basic design, both being the same style, hanging down. Hence the carbon fibre/zinc build to match the IcarusIII/IV and Master. A tiny player that directly attaches to the earphones. 40-50g, small screen, BT etc.

Edit: or I'm totally wrong, :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #18,118 of 24,683
Good to hear you got your headphones already. I haven't received any notification regarding my PM6s yet. I might be part of the next shipment when they can get stock back again.

Still waiting for my hunter and a pair of deltas ...hopefully not much longer.
on a plus side I bought a pair of fostex t50rp mk3 which are keeping me entertained while I wait, pretty impressed for the bucks.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #18,119 of 24,683
It's going to be a lanyard style, I'm thinking.
Quite interested - to attach to my Sony MMCX IEMs, with a lanyard style player with hopefully good specs - love to see a picture!

Edit: or I'm totally wrong, :wink:

I think you've probably guessed correctly. At least, it's the only explanation thus far which makes any sense to me lol.

For those who are as confused as I was, imagine the main body of the IEM's are your ears.
Then this new Trinity DAP would be like an earring, with it's top part connected to and dangling down from your ear (presumably with the rest of your IEM cable joined at the bottom of the DAP).

Hence why it needs to be super-light, otherwise it would be dragging the IEM out of your ear, or causing aches or something lol.

I would imagine that if all this is true for the Icarus II DAP, then it will be true for the Icarus I DAC/Amp as well.
Making for a pair of matching earrings :p

Actually, wait, that wouldn't work, because the signal has to go from the DAP, *through* the DAC/Amp and up into the IEM, right?

Anyone else? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back